Comments

1. says

ok…uh…and why should I give a poop about this? Sounds like more typical corporate soulless disposable musical detritus.

2. Chicagoan says

I never understood people like Gary. Just like everyone, there are things on this blog that I don’t always agree with/enjoy. But why take the time to bitch Andy out for posting something on his own blog? Move on to the next post, stop reading the blog, or at least, don’t post negative comments.

3. anastasia beverhausen says

Robyn rules. Kylie doesn’t have shit on Robyn. Oh and Gary, get a life and stop reading these posts

4. says

Uh Gary, you clearly don’t have a clue as to who Robyn is. She quit the corporate bullshit you’re referring and now puts out her own music, on her on label Konichiwa (bitches). She basically refused to cow down to what they thought she should be as an artist. Her last album was very successful as likely this one will be as well.

Cut out the middle man and do it your way. No corporatism there.

5. says

I love the style she has. The disconnect between the mood of the lyrics and the mood of the music, it’s a lot like The Smiths. Very interesting stuff!

6. unruly says

@Keith…
    I’m going to be “that guy.” There is no such phrase as “cow down.” I’m guessing you meant “kowtow” (but for meaning “bow down” would have worked too.)

7. Gregoire says

She is the epitome of ugly-beautiful and she owns it. I think this song might be a breakout hit, a la La Roux and Bulletproof.

8. MrRoboto says

I love her music. Nice to have her back again after far too long. I just wish she’d get those damn teeth fixed.

9. Allan says

This song is the soundtrack to my night life:

“I’m in the corner, watching you kiss [him]
    I’m right over here, why can’t you see me?
    I’m giving it my all, but I’m not the [boy] you’re taking home
    I keep dancing on my own”

10. Toto says

After being disappointed by Christina, Kylie and the Scissor Sister’s newest(Fire with Fire) Im finally feeling psyched about a dance song! Robyn foreva!

11. Nate says

I like it! I’m starting to like Robyn more and more. I wish she would do some more with Ryksop.