Aaron Schock | News | Republican Party

Rep. Aaron Schock 'Burned the Belt' That Made Him Look Gay

Schock

Over the weekend, Gawker posted a photo of Rep. Aaron Schock (R-IL) at Tuesday's White House picnic that they said was "jamming up the gay staff listserve."

The photo quickly went viral.

More interesting than the photo, now, is Schock's reaction to the fact that people said it made him look gay.

Writes Schock in a Tweet: "Never thought a pic of me w/ my shirt on would go viral. Learned my lesson and burned the belt."

Schocktweet

Wow. Such a dramatic way to deal with one's shame.

Previously...
Congressman Aaron Schock Not Gay, Details Reconfirms... [tr]
CNN Turns the Focus to GOP Congressman Aaron Schock's Abs [tr]

Comments

1. hmmm what about the shirt and the white jeans? Wonder if he can burn the gay right out of him too...

Posted by: vatm | Jun 14, 2010 6:33:04 PM

2. The word "flaming" comes to mind.

Posted by: peterparker | Jun 14, 2010 6:34:12 PM

3. My, she is SUCH a drama queen.

Posted by: Chitown Kev | Jun 14, 2010 6:36:23 PM

4. He burned the beklt? The belt we can see, or the belt his daddy makes him wear under his Ice Cream Man jeans...?

Posted by: MikeInSanJose | Jun 14, 2010 6:37:15 PM

5. The belt?

Huh??

Posted by: Perry | Jun 14, 2010 6:37:48 PM

6. what a pussy.

Posted by: nic | Jun 14, 2010 6:37:52 PM

7. Aaron Schock wins this month's laughably Overcompensating Asshole award (sponsored by Larry Craig and Ted Haggard Ministries).

That Twitter post makes me groan even harder than his color sense.

Posted by: yonkersconquers | Jun 14, 2010 6:40:42 PM

8. NOBODY TELL HIM ABOUT HIS GAY FACE, because we don't want to be responsible for any third degree burns, etc.

Posted by: Evan Hurst | Jun 14, 2010 6:41:31 PM

9. Well, he's going to have to burn he shirt, the pants, the fag hag and the "gay face". The last one might hurt. If he needs a match, I have one.

Posted by: cueylove | Jun 14, 2010 6:41:34 PM

10. i kinda dig the look; however, i can't dress for shit.

Posted by: b mac | Jun 14, 2010 6:42:35 PM

11. Butcha are Blanche, ya are.

Posted by: Joseph SingerJ | Jun 14, 2010 6:47:37 PM

12. I don't think a blind gay person would match that shirt and belt. He's one of them.

Posted by: JusticeontheRocks | Jun 14, 2010 6:53:33 PM

13. What about the shoes and purse that matched the belt, did they go as well?

Posted by: Bob | Jun 14, 2010 6:55:35 PM

14. I like that his reaction is "omg! I've learned my lesson! I'll try not to look gay, I swear!" ... I like the "i don't care" reaction from today's real straight guys.

Posted by: KFLO | Jun 14, 2010 6:57:38 PM

15. If the belt had been purple, it would have been a butch look, or something.

Posted by: Alpha | Jun 14, 2010 6:59:41 PM

16. Faux pas flambe'?

Oh darling, everyone know plastic doesn't burn. At best it melted like the wicked witch of the west.

Posted by: Smartypants | Jun 14, 2010 7:02:34 PM

17. I wonder if he listens to the band You Can Run But You Can't Hide.

I don't think it's his outfit that makes him gay, it's his face.

Posted by: stopabusingourchildren | Jun 14, 2010 7:02:53 PM

18. He does look rather , "BRAVO TV".

Posted by: DEREK WASHINGTON | Jun 14, 2010 7:05:54 PM

19. That reaction just screams "major closet case"

@peterparker Nice one. +1

Posted by: ravewulf | Jun 14, 2010 7:06:22 PM

20. Notice that he didn't mention 'gay' in his comment. Perhaps when he is ready to come out later in his life/career, we can't say that he is a hypocrite or closet-case because he can say that he has never denied that he was gay. Very well played, Mr. Schock!

In any case, I'd do him in a second.

Posted by: gayalltheway | Jun 14, 2010 7:12:01 PM

21. He looks shockingly gay. He could have donated the belt to a homeless shelter or goodwill or even a theater group.

Who does he represent again? Peoria, Illinois? I guess its entirely possible his outfit was one of those "ensemble in a bag" things they sometimes have at Costco or Wal Mart.

Besides his appearance, clothing, and overcompensating denial is there any evidence he's gay?

Posted by: Roland | Jun 14, 2010 7:16:08 PM

22. i think he looks good enuf to ______________. just fill in the blank. :)
    is he going to a picnic somewhere?

Posted by: tinhouston | Jun 14, 2010 7:16:33 PM

23. Don't forget that without the belt it's a lot easier to drop the pants. Maybe that's the real message!

Posted by: cueylove | Jun 14, 2010 7:19:49 PM

24. So secure in his manhood that he has to 'burn the belt.' A real man doesn't care what other people think.

Posted by: Daniel | Jun 14, 2010 7:19:56 PM