News | Robert Pattinson | Underwear

R-Pants: Robert Pattinson Inspires Low-Rise Men's Underwear

Pattinson_brief

Note: Above image is not an actual photo of said briefs.

They're called R-Pants.

"Robert Pattinson, or R Patz as the star of The Twilight Saga is known by fans, has been named as the inspiration behind Marks and Spencer's new slim-fit underwear...Dubbed the R-Pant, the low-rise briefs and trunks are designed to be worn under skinny jeans and trousers, a look popularised by the likes of Russell Brand and Mark Ronson, two celebrities the chain cites as design influences. The R-Pant launch is a thinly-veiled marketing strategy designed to appeal to a younger audience and to sex-up its underwear range. 'Over the last three years we've seen an increase in the popularity of hipsters,' says Richard Beale, head of merchandising. 'The new range is designed to appeal to a younger, fashion-savvy customer.'

The new line hopes to buck the trend started by Marky Mark so many years ago:

"Olie Arnold, style director of Men's Health, believes there is a market for lower-rise pants. 'I hate seeing the waistbands of men's pants poking out of the top of their jeans,' he said. He questioned whether M&S was the right target market. 'Do M&S really even sell skinny jeans? Maybe lots of women will buy them for their husbands and boyfriends, though.'"

The briefs will be available in September.

Comments

1. Okay, have to be bitchy here: there's a reason Pattinson is almost always shown in profile in publicity stills and even paparazzi shots-- he looks kinda weird head-on, like his eyes are too far apart. And these briefs will do nothing to improve on that...

Posted by: Derek Pearce | Jul 26, 2010 12:02:08 PM

2. "The briefs will be available in September."

...and will be remaindered at Ross by Thanksgiving.

Posted by: Gianpiero | Jul 26, 2010 1:08:19 PM

3. Derek, just watch what happens to his eyes when the wearer gets turned on!

So, question: Does the backside feature a face shot of Taylor Lawton?

Posted by: Rad | Jul 26, 2010 1:50:39 PM

4. I'll buy a pair as long as the dickhole is where his mouth is.

Posted by: jamal49 | Jul 26, 2010 2:38:01 PM

5. RAD and JAMAL: LOL! I'd buy undies with Lautner's pic on them.

Posted by: Derek Pearce | Jul 26, 2010 8:03:16 PM

6. I live i'n the UK and M&S do the most comfortable underwear you will ever wear. Fit, fabrics, all well chosen and designed. Low rise and comfortable, bring it on!

Posted by: Ralph | Jul 27, 2010 4:08:18 AM

7. Ahh..... russell brand is AMAZING!!!!!

Posted by: jwswowzagirl | Jul 30, 2010 3:47:49 PM

8. I guess next we should expect Edward themed mens jeans?

Posted by: Kate | Aug 6, 2010 6:51:27 PM

9. You have a great way to express your views through picture’s .I like the way how you express your views.

Posted by: Mold Removal Companies | Nov 7, 2011 6:48:03 AM

10. May you tell me about your product in brief?

Posted by: Restaurant Kuala Lumpur Malaysia | Nov 9, 2011 4:20:57 AM

11. I also fond of such kind of art and craft. Avery display has helped me a lot in updating information about art and craft. I really appreciate to the person who has updated such a knowledgeable content. Thanks

Posted by: Poly Pipe | Nov 10, 2011 12:34:24 AM

12. Amazing! This is very unique concept. This is very different idea. Keep it up...

Posted by: Factory Automation System | Nov 11, 2011 5:22:30 AM

13. I love Russell brand. What will be your next product? Please share the updates with us.

Posted by: SEO Brisbane | Nov 14, 2011 1:56:27 AM

14. I think it's a new thing done by a celebrity to make his own underwear.

Posted by: Buyers Agents | Nov 14, 2011 7:03:38 AM

15. It's a great information. I am very happy read this blog. I have no words to describe my happiness. Thank you very much...

Posted by: Home builders Brisbane | Nov 14, 2011 7:34:01 AM

16. I like this kind of undergarments with a celebrity photo. Thanks for sharing.

Posted by: Ms Access Development | Nov 15, 2011 2:11:26 AM

17. Beneficial info and excellent design you got here! I want to thank you for sharing your ideas and putting the time into the stuff you publish! Cool work!

Posted by: Astro Turf | Nov 16, 2011 1:08:08 AM

18. I think this kind of briefs are selling like hot cakes because it has celebrity photo.

Posted by: Business accountant Brisbane | Nov 16, 2011 2:14:03 AM

19. I always use Russell brands. Every year, they launch new trendy products.

Posted by: Garages and Sheds | Nov 16, 2011 2:58:16 AM

20. I think youth generation will like this kind of undergarments. Russell is the good brand for this products.

Posted by: Brisbane Real Estate | Nov 16, 2011 4:18:44 AM

21. This is era of fashion and everybody wants to go ahead in this competition. Your blog's information has pushed men ahead.

Posted by: Drum Handling | Nov 16, 2011 6:12:38 AM

22. I use to wear this kind of undergarments. It seems very trendy.

Posted by: Multimedia Studio | Nov 18, 2011 1:54:48 AM

23. I think this kind of male underwear are the first choice of youngsters.

Posted by: Brisbane Landscaper | Nov 24, 2011 5:24:37 AM

24. I am also Like this Low price men underwear.This all are very stylish underwear.

Posted by: LuxSauna Reviews | Dec 8, 2011 1:31:26 AM

25. good keep it up,I like this beautiful collections.

Posted by: Purchasing First Home | Dec 21, 2011 4:37:11 AM