R-Pants: Robert Pattinson Inspires Low-Rise Men’s Underwear

Pattinson_brief

Note: Above image is not an actual photo of said briefs.

They're called R-Pants.

"Robert Pattinson, or R Patz as the star of The Twilight Saga is known by fans, has been named as the inspiration behind Marks and Spencer's new slim-fit underwear…Dubbed the R-Pant, the low-rise briefs and trunks are designed to be worn under skinny jeans and trousers, a look popularised by the likes of Russell Brand and Mark Ronson, two celebrities the chain cites as design influences. The R-Pant launch is a thinly-veiled marketing strategy designed to appeal to a younger audience and to sex-up its underwear range. 'Over the last three years we've seen an increase in the popularity of hipsters,' says Richard Beale, head of merchandising. 'The new range is designed to appeal to a younger, fashion-savvy customer.'

The new line hopes to buck the trend started by Marky Mark so many years ago:

"Olie Arnold, style director of Men's Health, believes there is a market for lower-rise pants. 'I hate seeing the waistbands of men's pants poking out of the top of their jeans,' he said. He questioned whether M&S was the right target market. 'Do M&S really even sell skinny jeans? Maybe lots of women will buy them for their husbands and boyfriends, though.'"

The briefs will be available in September.

Comments

1. Derek Pearce says

Okay, have to be bitchy here: there’s a reason Pattinson is almost always shown in profile in publicity stills and even paparazzi shots– he looks kinda weird head-on, like his eyes are too far apart. And these briefs will do nothing to improve on that…

2. Gianpiero says

“The briefs will be available in September.”

…and will be remaindered at Ross by Thanksgiving.

3. Rad says

Derek, just watch what happens to his eyes when the wearer gets turned on!

So, question: Does the backside feature a face shot of Taylor Lawton?

4. Ralph says

I live i’n the UK and M&S do the most comfortable underwear you will ever wear. Fit, fabrics, all well chosen and designed. Low rise and comfortable, bring it on!

5. says

I also fond of such kind of art and craft. Avery display has helped me a lot in updating information about art and craft. I really appreciate to the person who has updated such a knowledgeable content. Thanks

6. says

Beneficial info and excellent design you got here! I want to thank you for sharing your ideas and putting the time into the stuff you publish! Cool work!

7. says

This is a good advice! Find your niche and try to make it work. The hardest part is to realize your strength and the era is which you are the most comfortable. I have to admit that I’ve tried a few until I’ve found my path.