Music | Music Video | News

Watch: 'If You Want It', OMD's First Video in 14 Years

Omd

Orchestral Maneouvres in the Dark (OMD) is coming out with its first album in 14 years in September.

Here's the first video, for the track "If You Want It", AFTER THE JUMP...

2_omd

Comments

1. Nice song, marred by cliched choreography and ugly dancers.
    If only they'd been true to their desires and simply used the two pretty boys! But no: same old story..."If we don't de-gay it, it'll alienate the mainstream audience!" Tosh.

Posted by: Jimbo | Aug 19, 2010 8:38:38 PM

2. whis the boy? i know i've seen him somewhere... cant put my finger on it. In the 2nd screen cap with the green eyeshadow.

Posted by: Alex Paris | Aug 19, 2010 8:46:38 PM

3. I prefer the Jake Shears harry discoish genre.

Posted by: David | Aug 19, 2010 9:12:51 PM

4. Well, they sure know who their target audience is...

Posted by: Jeff | Aug 19, 2010 9:19:43 PM

5. Buncha cute kids. Too bad the song kinda sucks dirty monkey ass!
    I'm a Huge OMD fan, BTW!

Posted by: MoJo | Aug 19, 2010 9:43:36 PM

6. I kind of agree with Mojo. I'm just not feeling this song.

Posted by: Vince | Aug 19, 2010 9:51:08 PM

7. I kinna like it and I'm pretty sure it'll grow on me more. Sounds just like OMD with modern synths...

Posted by: AladinSane | Aug 19, 2010 10:27:55 PM

8. i'm a bit horny now.

Posted by: nic | Aug 19, 2010 11:46:55 PM

9. video seems to have borrowed quite a bit from matthew bourne's 'swan lake.' nice to see OMD is still working though.

Posted by: james | Aug 20, 2010 12:10:58 AM

10. Hmm. Huge OMD fan, but I'm quite disappointed. After 14 years, they're right back to the latter day, overproduced, power-balladeering OMD, rather than the unique and innovative electronic pop/dance artists they were in the first half of their career. I was hoping we'd get more of those guys.

Posted by: MrRoboto | Aug 20, 2010 12:54:51 AM

11. I love the song and the vid. The guy in green eyeshadow is incredibly attractive!

Posted by: Xtopher | Aug 20, 2010 1:02:30 AM

12. Incidentally, SPIN Magazine has an interview with OMD and is streaming another, far better (IMNSHO) track called "New Babies, New Toys." You can hear that here: http://www.spin.com/articles/exclusive-new-song-synth-pop-legends-omd

Posted by: MrRoboto | Aug 20, 2010 1:02:31 AM

13. wat is this 80s mess? tat guy in the green was Hot though and stuffed in the briefs, hangs to the upper left ! worth listening thru this tranquilizer of a song

Posted by: boo | Aug 20, 2010 2:20:41 AM

14. No Domo Arigato MrRoboto! That track sounds exactly like the kind of music they are railing against in the interview and nothing like OMD. God, lets hope the album isn't mostly a shitty knock-off of that crappy 90's band Republica!

Posted by: AladinSane | Aug 20, 2010 3:03:33 AM

15. The guys in the vid are sexy, but this song is just a MISS for me and the choreography in this video looks like a "So You Think You Can Dance" reject.

Posted by: Brian in Texas | Aug 20, 2010 4:45:11 AM

16. This was a rather dull song and a boring video. Yay, the dancers interacted! Any other reason we should care?

Posted by: Joey Y | Aug 20, 2010 8:02:26 AM

17. Boring song. Disappointing effort from OMD. Snooze.

Posted by: ColinATL | Aug 20, 2010 8:55:02 AM

18. It a long way from Organisation and Dazzleships.... I much prefer MRROBOTOs link

Posted by: John Normile | Aug 20, 2010 8:57:15 AM

19. Great song and awesome diverse video! It's nice to have them back!

Posted by: Dave | Aug 20, 2010 9:18:58 AM

20. Somebody ID the boy in the green please! Prrrrr.

Posted by: WALL-E | Aug 20, 2010 11:29:07 AM

21. Pretty young people in underwear are always nice.

Next time let's give them some great choreography and an even better song, instead of this formulaic rehash that we've all seen done better elsewhere.

Posted by: Bryan Harrison | Aug 20, 2010 2:46:10 PM

22. Oh, OMD, I've missed you. And this video confirms my suspicions... 'Enola Gay' wasn't about an airplane.

Posted by: Paul | Aug 20, 2010 3:58:12 PM

23. MRROBOTO is alright with me. And don't forget "Architecture and Morality"!

Posted by: David R. | Aug 20, 2010 6:51:50 PM