Montana | News | Republican Party | Tea Party | Teabagger

BigGayDeal.com

Montana House GOP Candidate Declares 'War' on the Gay Community Over Tea Party Leader's Removal

Kristi

Kristi Allen-Gailusha, a GOP nominee for a Montana House seat and secretary of the Big Sky Tea Party Association, has left the latter group, angry that its president, Tim Ravndal, was forced out following revelations that he posted remarks condoning violence against gay people to his Facebook page.

Allen-gailushas Ravndal, in a Facebook posting dated July 23 and since removed, expressed his views that marriage should be between a man and a woman. The post was in response to an ACLU lawsuit in Montana brought by seven gay couples who want to get married.

In the post's comment thread, Ravndal expressed support for a commenter who (in apparent reference to the Matthew Shepard murder) said, "I think fruits are decorative. Hang up where they can be seen and appreciated. Call Wyoming for display instructions."

In response to the Ravndal controversy, Allen-Gailusha posted a comment to her Facebook page declaring "war" on the gay community (see screenshot above).

The Helena Independent Record reports:

"Allen-Gailusha said Ravndal wasn't even referring to the Shepard case, and that his comments were taken out of context. She said she would submit her resignation from the association at Tuesday night's meeting. She may have also been heading for trouble with the group’s board, following the revelation of one of her own Facebook postings that takes aim at gay people."

Allen-Gailusha is the Republican nominee in House District 82.

(top image via montana cowgirl blog)

Comments

1. "Is espouse a word"?

This lady is running for office?

Posted by: Blackjack | Sep 7, 2010 5:26:36 PM

2. Bring it, bitch.

Posted by: Mark Alexander | Sep 7, 2010 5:26:43 PM

3. Um, HAD gay friends, maybe.

What's Sue Barrow's TPTB martial law thing? Makes me glad planes can fly from coast to coast without stopping near these folks.

Posted by: Russell | Sep 7, 2010 5:32:32 PM

4. Oh she's just pissed 'cause as a fat, ugly broad she doesn't have a gay boyfriend!

Posted by: Foxe | Sep 7, 2010 5:35:37 PM

5. What a COW.

Posted by: Craig | Sep 7, 2010 5:41:07 PM

6. When will ugly women realize that denying gay guys the right to marry will not get you laid.

Posted by: James | Sep 7, 2010 5:43:09 PM

7. Seconded, Mark.

Posted by: Jordan | Sep 7, 2010 5:48:55 PM

8. Ahhh, the "straight ally" gaining social privilege from the mob by mocking gay men as deficient. Wanna shoot it out with me? You already have a face like a hat full of assholes, what would another hole between the eyes matter? Hmmm??

Posted by: SeriouslySick | Sep 7, 2010 5:49:24 PM

9. What I wanna know is- who are these gay dudes who WANT to be friends with assholes like this? For real.

Posted by: Freddie | Sep 7, 2010 5:49:52 PM

10. I challenge this bitch to introduce us to JUST ONE of her many "gay friends".

Why is it that these foaming at the mouth homophobes ALWAYS have gay friends but we never get to meet them?

I think we ALL know why.

Posted by: TampaZeke | Sep 7, 2010 5:50:58 PM

11. This Montana boy can shoot very straight, with great accuracy. I say "Bring it, bitch."

Posted by: jaymax | Sep 7, 2010 5:55:57 PM

12. http://www.votesmart.org/bio.php?can_id=120867

With qualifications like that, she's a shoe in. Maybe she can be Sara Palin's running mate for president. No education, no political experience, last actual job (not that I have anything against stay at home moms, some of them are incredibly smart) 2 years as a clerk with the DMV? Sounds great!

Posted by: Brian | Sep 7, 2010 6:18:16 PM

13. And since when can you throw around "out of context" as an excuse without explaining what the context actually was? I read the post, there was no other context. I saw the same exact context as anybody else looking at his facebook page.

Posted by: Brian | Sep 7, 2010 6:21:52 PM

14. I don't think the word espouse means what she thinks it means.

Posted by: anon | Sep 7, 2010 6:23:23 PM

15. Oh honey - you *really* don't know who you're dealing with.

Posted by: Steve | Sep 7, 2010 6:23:27 PM

16. These homophobic assholes should stay away from us str8-shootin' g'boys down here in Texas. We won't put up with that "espoused" GOP hate-batin' shit around our ranch!

Posted by: Jaybird89101 | Sep 7, 2010 6:34:33 PM

17. Call me crazy, but I think that elected officials should probably be able to put a sentence together without the aid of a speech writer, or at the very least know the meanings of the words they use.

Posted by: TomSkylark | Sep 7, 2010 6:34:35 PM

18. Bitch, I can shoot, and my fiancé is a great marksman. You only have yourself to blame if you pull the trigger first. Also, fuck off if you think the "I have gay friends, too" is gonna work on me.

Posted by: RP | Sep 7, 2010 6:44:55 PM

19. Where can I sign up? I was a was a marksman in the Army and I am ready to fight!

Posted by: Harry | Sep 7, 2010 6:59:57 PM

20. Dumb bitch, like there could be ANY other context.

Oh wait I didn't read the part about her gay friends. She's okay then.

Posted by: Kevinintexas | Sep 7, 2010 7:00:30 PM

21. oink oink oink

Posted by: kflo | Sep 7, 2010 7:09:31 PM

22. So, she's defending that douchetard's call to violence...and encouraging it on her own. I wonder how many lgbt'ers in montana are armed. The call to violence is usually the last dying breath of despair.

Posted by: TANK | Sep 7, 2010 7:12:11 PM

23. I like how the racists say "I'm not racist, I have black friends" and now homophobes say "I'm not homophobic, I have gay friends" ... Just because you SAY you have friends (and maybe you do) does not excuse the fact that you're being bigoted.

Posted by: beegee | Sep 7, 2010 7:12:37 PM

24. people like this need to be exterminated. seriously.

Posted by: Brian | Sep 7, 2010 7:43:21 PM

25. Remember all that sweet talk about how conservatives are suddenly getting all pro-gay on the Dem's and how the teabaggers don't really care about social issues? So the Dem's are just like the Repub's, maybe worse? Ah, nostalgia for that golden time just a few days ago . . . when the media invented pro-gay Republicans and some gullible gay people bought it.

Then, along comes Kristi, to show the true, ugly face of the conservative teabagging Republican party. These are the people who are actually in or running for office, not Meghan McCain and Steve Schmidt and the belated escapees from the closet. You don't vote for people who declare war on you. You fight them and pick them off one by one. Pay attention, voters.

Posted by: Ernie | Sep 7, 2010 8:13:56 PM