Jon Stewart | News | Stephen Colbert

Watch: Jon Stewart Announces 'Rally to Restore Sanity' as Colbert Announces Dueling 'March to Keep Fear Alive''

Stewart_colbert

Dueling rallies on the National Mall on October 30!

The Rally to Restore Sanity vs. The March to Keep Fear Alive.

Watch both announcements, AFTER THE JUMP...

Rallies

The Daily Show With Jon Stewart Mon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Rally to Restore Sanity
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show Full Episodes Political Humor Tea Party

Colbert's announcement:

The Colbert Report Mon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
March to Keep Fear Alive
www.colbertnation.com
Colbert Report Full Episodes 2010 Election Fox News

Comments

1. Some ideas for signs:
    "REAL Americans don't drink tea!"
    "What's wrong with coffee?"
    "Build more asylums!"
    "Glenn Beck is a proctologist!"
    "Insanity isn't IN!"
    "Tea is SO 18th century!"
    "Send Palin back to Siberia!"
    "Birther, Bircher, what's the difference?"
    "Nutcrackers 4 teh win!"
    "More parties, less tea!"

Also, of course, the all time classic:
    "Make LOVE, not TEA!"

Posted by: Gray | Sep 17, 2010 9:33:08 AM

2. I once sold medical supplies to Doctors' offices and I would sometimes bring lunch in for all to partake. Often, that meant mostly nurses and assistants.

During one lunch, there was a discussion about Prop 8 (this was before the vote took place) and one idiot went on and on about gays not needing the right to marry because she had a gay friend who said they didn't want to get married -- so by her logic, no gay people wanted to. She was a monumental dumbshit.

The reason I am mentioning this is that the same dolt also LOVED Colbert because "he proves that conservatives can be funny too." Yeah, she was that fucking clueless that she thought Colbert was laughing WITH her instead of AT her. I had to leave the room to laugh my ass off at how clueless she was (and she was in her twenties, so it wasn't like she was an old lady.)

The other scary thing about that was that nobody in the room corrected her -- which either meant they agreed in their fundamental misunderstanding OR they were just tired of correcting that empty headed moron all the time.

Something tells me Colbert would LOVE that she thinks he's another O'Reilly....

Posted by: princely54 | Sep 17, 2010 9:38:13 AM

3. I don't know whether to laugh or cry at your story PRINCELY54...

Posted by: Dave | Sep 17, 2010 10:55:34 AM

4. That should be funny. plus it should be say. The Tea Party Aint racist - Tea Party Aint racist - they just hate Muslims, Hispanics and Blacks

Posted by: rawdawgbuffalo | Sep 17, 2010 11:37:31 AM

5. I have so many friends that think Stephen Colbert is actually conservative! One of them once told me about how they talked about Stephen in their Bible study group and how he made some good points! I had a hard time controlling my laughter. Of course I'm not going to tell them what's really happening, it would ruin my fun.

Posted by: Stephen | Sep 17, 2010 12:10:14 PM

6. I noticed nobody has said whether or not they're going. Well I am, it may be based in comedy, but darnnit, we need to do something.

Posted by: Asher | Sep 17, 2010 12:15:56 PM

7. I'm planning on going, just need to check the amtrak schedules from the evil empire of elitism ( otherwise known as New York) to DC, just hope it's not starting at some ungodly hour, like noon

Posted by: jerry | Sep 17, 2010 3:32:17 PM

8. I'm 90% sure I'm going.
    My first ever D.C. rally!

Posted by: Rodney Wollam | Sep 17, 2010 4:48:08 PM

9. I've been wanting to make a roadtrip to DC.. I might as well make it mean something.

Posted by: NoSleep4Sam | Sep 18, 2010 12:48:51 AM

10. Stewart, Colbert rally planned for D.C., aims to 'Restore Sanity', 'Keep Fear Alive' (video)

Washington will host dueling comedy marches on the National Mall on Saturday, Oct. 30, if comedians Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert are serious.

Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert announced dueling national rallies on the National Mall Thursday night on "The Daily Show" and "The Colbert Report."

Stewart called his event the "Rally to Restore Sanity." Colbert announced the competing "March to Keep Fear Alive."

It was not immediately clear Thursday night whether the comedians will attempt to lead actual rallies or are just joking. But Stewart is already planning to do his show from Washington Oct. 25-28. Both men have spoofed the Glenn Beck rally, Tea Parties and other political gatherings.

Posted by: balo dung laptop | Oct 13, 2011 12:20:07 AM