News | Patti Lupone | Republican Party | Towleroad Guide to the Tube

BigGayDeal.com

Towleroad Guide to the Tube #735

120 POUNDS: An inspirational journey.

FIRE FROM THE HEARTLAND: A new documentary about wingnut women.

PATTI LUPONE: Sings "Everything's Coming Up Roses" on Jimmy Fallon.

THE TORNADO SONG: Everything must be auto-tuned.

For recent Guides to the Tube, click HERE.

Comments

1. Patti LuPone is a gay idol and my favorite musical actress. Her voice - sentanional. I cannot wait to get her Memoirs. Thanks so much for posting this.

Posted by: Matt26 | Sep 20, 2010 3:00:28 PM

2. I also need to add she looks great, thin, energetic, those shoes and dress - perfect, and that belting - wow (like always), her personality... You get the point.

Posted by: Matt26 | Sep 20, 2010 3:03:31 PM

3. This isn't about policy. This is about the modern acceptance of hate- in the thin veil of policy- on a public stage. All their ugliness, the cancer they are spreading should (if the world were fair) rightfully turn inward and eat them alive.
    Ugly American indeed.

Posted by: Rodney Wollam | Sep 20, 2010 3:04:35 PM

4. Mr. Towle! Any Lupone-lovin' gay knows that the song Ms. Lupone sang is entitled, "Rose's Turn" not "Everything's Comin' Up Roses."

Posted by: Brandon | Sep 20, 2010 3:37:36 PM

5. Sorry Brandon - That IS "Everything's Coming Up Roses"

This is Rose's Turn: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9HLw7m6dCo

Posted by: Christopher | Sep 20, 2010 3:52:39 PM

6. No Brandon, that was "Everything's Coming Up Roses." Rose sings it at the end of Act One in "Gypsy" to Louise and Herbie after June runs away with Tulsa. "Rose's Turn" is sung by Rose at the end of Act Two after Louise has become famous as Gypsy Rose Lee - some of the music is similar, but they're totally different songs.

Anyways, LuPone is divine. She looks incredible and sounds amazing here. I was fortunate to see her in "Gypsy" - once at City Center and once on Broadway - and her performance has remained one of the absolute highlights of all my theatre going experiences.

Posted by: SKOC211 | Sep 20, 2010 3:55:51 PM

7. That guys running story was freaking amazing. It seems so obvious but the last part of it is the key to achieving anything.

'If you want to do it, all you have to do is do it.'

Posted by: James | Sep 20, 2010 4:49:25 PM

8. I think Ben was adorable and a beautiful man even before he lost the weight. However, if he is now in a healthier space and feels better about himself, then I'm happy for him. (I unfortunately have asthma and shin splints, so I'm a walker, not a runner. Still, I admire his example!)

Posted by: Dback | Sep 20, 2010 5:52:48 PM

9. Love the running story thank you for that truly inspiring post.

Posted by: jaragon | Sep 20, 2010 6:06:24 PM

10. I needed to see that running post. THANK YOU.

Posted by: redbearded | Sep 20, 2010 6:14:23 PM

11. The hard part is keeping the weight off.

Posted by: anon | Sep 20, 2010 7:02:53 PM