Comments

1. Fred says

I live in New York. I have had many, many dealings with Orthodox Jews. They smell bad because they only bathe and change clothes a couple of times a week, since their wardrobe is limited to religiously approved clothing – they all wear the same thing. They make their wives dress with no makeup, wigs, and form concealing dresses, so they won’t be attractive to any other men but their husbands, yet the husbands go to strip clubs and prostitutes. Some hookers in NY have reported that Hassidic Jews are their #1 clients. Yet they demand sexual purity from their wives, who all work only in the home and raise children. They are 100% antigay – should a child should be a “fagaleh” or marry outside of the Jewish faith, they’re disowned.

Try to have an argument with one of them – it’s like arguing with the wall. They are the chosen people and everyone else is heathen. It’s extreme religion and any disagreement with their views is seen as anti-Semitic. They’re absolutely impossible, and dealing with them tells you all you need to know about the Israeli/Palestinian conflict.

These are my own observations of course, but even the reformed and conservative Jews I know can’t stand them.

2. Aron says

@Fred I’m Jewish and I 100% agree with everything you said. Religious extremism is ugly no matter what religion it is.

3. CoMo'mo says

If I read news reports correctly, it’s largely American Orthodox settlers who go to Israel and insist on being settled on land claimed by Palestinians. Many Israelis are prepared to make accomodations so they can enjoy a bit of peace but these folks stir antagonisms and complicate a political process that secular Israelis would like to move forward. Like fanatical Muslims, they are not going to be gay friendly–nor respectful of anybody else.

4. Shawn says

“I almost choked on the kosher salami.”
    Come on rabbi, just because you can’t do it right on the first try is no reason to give up and throw around accusations of brainwashing.

I’d think religion in general would want to stay far away from the topic of brainwashing children anyway.

I love that they don’t seem to even know what gay is except a vague notion that it opposes them.

5. TPL says

I say, if Rabbi Yehuda Levin wants to choke on a kosher salami, it’s nobody’s business but hers.

6. Fenrox says

Ummm, Does thins guy know we can see him? The thing that struck me most about the Paladino video was “Holy shit why do all those people look so EVIL?”

I mean the fucking SITH don’t have shit on them.

7. arch says

just so you all know us gays here in England are not campainging to lower the age of consent for gay sex to 14, just so you know.

Not sure what the Rabbi knows about my country but he is welcome to visit and find out for himself, but we are not looking to allow sex at 14.

8. Jim says

“Thank you ladies and gentlemen, I’ll be here at the Catskills’ number one resort all week…”

9. wonderboi says

He would probably be horrified to learn if any of his relatives had to stand next to gays when they were gassed in the showers by Hitler. People never learn from history…

10. patrick nyc says

FRED I too am a life long NYC resident, over 50 years, and have worked with the hasidic on W47th’s Diamond district for over thirty years. I can back you up 100%. There was a gay bath house off 8th Ave I’d see them come out of when I was getting on the subway.

I also lived on 10th and 28th, a popular spot for the working girls. On Sundays it was kosher special, the day after the Sabbath, while their wives were taking care of the kids and homes, these pricks were getting their pricks worked on. Funny thing was I’d sit by the window having my morning tea and dishing with my friends and I’d see the girls get in and out of cars in just minutes.

I was always friendly with the girls so I asked them why so fast, they told me the guys were so worked up they could hardly get it out of their pants before shooting.

11. arch says

best question ever on a political chat show : “did you know about the beastiality ?”

that is a question that will likely as not never be asked again on tv.

12. bobbyjoe says

Not only did he almost choke on a salami, but he says he was “pining” for the Carl he used to know because of his “betrayal”?

Not watched the video, but I assume Rabbi Yehuda then went on to say that this was just like how that little bitch Anne Baxter betrayed Bette Davis in “All About Eve”?

13. Bart says

Question, does being Orthodox mean you can’t have dental work done?

I wouldn’t let this guy tell me how to live my life, raise my kids, even how to park a car. He’s disgusting and indoctrinated in his own victimization and hatred to anyone who isn’t well, him. And I imagine that even 90%+ of Jews can’t relate to him.

But if Paladino simply read something that someone else wrote for him…like a hostage with a gun to his head, he shouldn’t be a running for anything other than the guy who picks up elephant shit at the circus.

14. says

..and attitudes from assholes like this are the reason that gay teens are killing themselves. These are extremist religious fanatics and they should be held accountable for all of the damage and harm they cause in the world. See you in Hell, Rabbi…

15. JeffNYC says

I don’t see anywhere that he is an accredited rabbi.

I think he may just be claiming to be one.

16. jamal49 says

@FRED That rabbi is about as semitic as I am. Not. My question is: what differentiates that rabbi from any rank-and-file Muslim extremist? (And no cheating!)

17. Danny says

I know how he feels. I’ve choked on a few kosher salamis myself. Lemme see…there was Larry, Alan, Meir, Avi, Ramin, Danny, Mitch, Sammy…

18. Danny says

I’ve seen Hassidim at gay cruising places and in sex clubs in Manhattan. I have nothing to say against the way of life of Orthodox Jews. But it’s not–nothing is–for everybody. Not even for all Jews. Intelligent and highly cultivated as their rabbis’ academic skills and scholarship may be, many seem shockingly ignorant of the real world-and even of their own humanity. It goes without saying that often one sees a shocking willingness to see exclusion, ostracization, and even violence used against those who don’t share their viewpoint.

19. mstrozfckslv@yahoo.com says

como

Actually per israelie officers the big problem is more specifically immigrants from former soviet states. Not necessarily orthodox though but definitely conservative and as ignorant as usa inbred hillbillies

The majority of orthodox in israel are too busy leaching off the Israeli state for welfare to be troublesome. Many israelies want the gov to stop spending $ on orthodox religious schools and welfare $ for the orthodox to just go and pop out 10-12 kids

—————————-

LOL it was almost like reading the Onion

‘…choked on the salami”

LOL

20. lazlo says

Time to fight back. I say we form a fake group that warns America of the “radical Jewish agenda”. They want want their agenda taught in the schools, they want to serve openly in the military, and they want to donate blood oh not being fired for being Jewish would be nice. A few months of fake interviews, comments at cit council, fake press conferences and ads in major papers and let’s see how they like it! No more Mr.Nice Gay! Dammmit!

21. Bobo says

Just to concur with Fred and Patrick, as a life-long resident of New York, and many of those years were spent living in Brooklyn, these people are dangerous cranks! Anyone who has had to deal with them I believe gets a much better insight into what is going on in Israel. What I find most amazing is the way New York politicians court these cranks at election time…especially that fiend Schumer!!

22. says

I’ve just got to say this, because I don’t know if anyone else is experiencing this. But I crack myself up when I log-on here and before I even read the headline, if theres a photo of the person in question, I just know who’s gonna be a bigot.

So far the only person I’ve been wrong about, was when I first saw a photo of Judge Walker. But man I don’t know what it is about most of these small minded, ignorant, bigots. Just something in their faces, body language, just sense their small minded crazy-ness so clearly.

23. jaragon says

Religion is the main brainwasher of humanity. And Paladino must really be desperate for votes if he hangs around these schmucks.

24. LG Wilson says

He needs to check his gag reflex before trying to deep throat some hebrew national.
    These misogynistic, homophobic unwashed extremists are disgusting. Have you ever attended an orthodox wedding. They tear the place up and act like animals. And they STINK to high heaven.

25. shannon says

He NEES to “discuss” how his group STOLE the religion from DARK skinned Blacks ( THE SEMITES)…and how they are SLAUGHTERING people in a land that does NOT belong to them!!!