Music | Music Video | News | Pet Shop Boys

Watch: New Pet Shop Boys Video 'Together'

Together

The Pet Shop Boys are releasing a new greatest hits collection called Ultimate, and with it comes this new single, "Together", which, like many of the PSB's tracks, brings the dark and the light together in a haunting way.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. The PSBs, like Bowie, the Smiths, and others before them, have put out far too many greatest hits compilations. It's especially galling when they add one or two new songs, since it seems like they're simply trying to bleed their fans. And while this song is fine, it's certainly not breaking any new ground. Nor is the video.

Seeing Neil fully bald was a bit scary. No wonder he wears hats!

Posted by: Paul R | Nov 10, 2010 2:25:43 PM

2. sounds like a something they dug out of the rejects from their last album, completely forgettable

Posted by: riffsf | Nov 10, 2010 2:52:20 PM

3. The sound quality on MySpace is just atrocious.

Posted by: jersey | Nov 10, 2010 3:25:21 PM

4. I was a fan since first hearing them here on WLIR in NYC back in the early 80's, they were played a lot in dance clubs and had most of their work. After I saw them live at Radio City they were so bad that I have not really liked them since.

The new work sounds just like the old, nothing new, and nothing anyone would want to hear live.

Posted by: patrick nyc | Nov 10, 2010 3:39:56 PM

5. I like the song. granted it's not musically as complex as some of their greats, but there is a strong dichotomy between the lyrics and the darkness of the music. they've often played against the lyrics musically and created songs with a really haunting resonance.

also, neil is wearing a knit cap in this video. it's just a light color that blends into the wall.

Posted by: Scott | Nov 10, 2010 4:57:10 PM

6. A bit choppy. I'm a fan, but not of all their songs. This one needs remixed!

Posted by: MoJo | Nov 10, 2010 4:59:21 PM

7. @Scott, there's a scene near the end (3:42) with the two of them where on second look, he's not completely bald. But it's not a cap.

I'm not saying I have a problem with bald or shaven-headed men---my last two boyfriends were. And on second glance, it doesn't look so bad on him.

I fall into the camp where their live performances, lacking all passion and segueing into pseudo-performance art, bore me to tears. I like passion in performance, and their lack of emotion was no longer so clever given that many of their lyrics are heartbreaking. And they were long one of my favorite bands. I find the video too predictable---a visit to Eastern Europe that harkens back to, well, nothing really.

Posted by: Paul R | Nov 10, 2010 10:01:38 PM