Open Thread and Archive of Prop 8 Trial Liveblog

Comments

1. I do not consider the GOP taking control of the House as very gay news, in any sense of the word "gay".

Posted by: mike | Nov 3, 2010 12:37:59 PM

2. Another family-values fail on the wrong side of history. Is this campaign going to come with an instruction guide like "Contract For America"? Good luck.

Posted by: Vince in WeHo | Dec 5, 2010 9:06:29 PM

3. whoops, wrong thread

Posted by: Vince in WeHo | Dec 5, 2010 9:09:38 PM

4. Thanks Andy, Corey, Ari, Jorge, Richard, Kevin, Josh, et al, for your valuable live comments and expertise - I learned a lot from your effort.

As a middle aged single gay dad with two adult biological children, I was brought to tears a couple times as I watched the amazing attorneys defend me, my family and my rights even though I live nearly 2000 miles away.

Thank You!

Posted by: Fred | Dec 6, 2010 6:17:39 PM

5. If liveblog commenter Jon on page 4 is in favour of the initiative process, perhaps he ought to take another look at Miller's testimony. Miller was called by defendant-intervenors to promote the validity of the California initiative process (an extreme one where 50% of the population can change the constitution, and it can only be undone at state level by another popular vote).

Strangely enough, initiatives as practised in California are inherently undemocratic, because they amount to tyranny of the majority. California's initiatives are contributing to its downward slide, so I expect the whole structure will come crashing down not too many years from now, and will be a cautionary tale in government texts.

Posted by: Randy | Dec 7, 2010 12:51:20 AM

6. Correcting myself... 50% of the VOTES, a far smaller number.

Posted by: Randy | Dec 7, 2010 12:53:02 AM