Peace on Earth, Equal Rights for All

Xmas

Thanks to all the readers that have made it the best year ever for Towleroad.

Michael Goff and I, and our regular contributors Steve Pep, Nathaniel Rogers, Ari Ezra Waldman, and Modern Tonic, wish you a peaceful and joyous holiday, and healthy and prosperous 2011.

Comments

1. Jason Conyard says

Thanks for all you guys have done this year. Towleroad has become a valuable and fun read. Your efforts are paying off. Best wishes for the New Year.

2. David and Randy says

Just want to let you all know how much we appreciate what you do for us and the community. We love this site. Best wishes to all the Towleroad tribe for a the gayest of new years. D & R.

3. says

It really does keep getting better. Next year marriage for all! Thank you SO much for all you have done for the world of gay people. Towleroad is a daily must read. Merry Christmas to you and your Michael from the OS2Guy and his Michael!

4. Rob says

You folks find just the right balance of smart, smut, and politically aware indignation. And I think I appreciate what you don’t post as much as what you do. It’s filler-free and I always know there will be a nugget of goodness in whatever you write.

Yours is hands down my favorite blog. Am I your favorite reader?

5. says

Merry Christmas Andy, and to your staff as well and to the readers of this fine blog. I have come to depend on this site for relevant news on the GLBT community as well as the occasional sexy topic! May the new year bring you continued success!

6. Frederick says

Thank you so much for the hard work you guys do to publish this excellent source of (mainly) LGBT news. My partner and I read it most every day, and we’re both always impressed with how professionally this blog is produced. Happy Holidays to you gentlemen;keep up the great work you do!

7. Leroy Laflamme says

Same good wishes to all of you & thanks for always providing a thoroughly informative & entertaining read. Maintaining your first class blog is clearly a labour of love & it’s certainly appreciated. Don’t ever stop!

8. Barry says

Andy, I can’t get enought of your site, one of the best things for me in 2010: the mix – nature, politics ,volcanoes, pop culture, hot science and ardent gay stuff all in one, what a joyous and compelling cornucopia. Thank you.

9. SCVMalcolm says

Thanks to you guys for ALL of your efforts to give us the news that either interests us and/or has real impact on or meaning for the LGBTQQ and gay-friendly communities. I wish you incredible success and contentment in 2011, personally and professionally. Your success adds to our overall well-being and knowledge.
    Sincere and heart-felt appreciation for all of your efforts.

10. RickG says

Many many thanks to all of you for your dedication, love, care, and faithfulness to all your family in the LGBTQ community. It does not go without notice. We love you dearly for such devotion. My the true God of the Universe bring many blessings to all of you for such character.
    RickG/Reading, PA

11. The_Fixer says

I will add to the chorus thanking Andy and all the bunch at Towleroad for their hard work. This site is one of my Must Read sites, and your efforts make it well worth it.

Happy Holidays to all.

12. JC says

A Holiday Thought…

Aren’t humans amazing? They kill wildlife – birds, deer, all kinds of cats, coyotes, beavers, groundhogs, mice and foxes by the million in order to protect their domestic animals and their feed.

Then they kill domestic animals by the billion and eat them. This in turn kills people by the million, because eating all those animals leads to degenerative – and fatal – health conditions like heart disease, stroke, kidney disease, and cancer.

So then humans spend billions of dollars torturing and killing millions more animals to look for cures for these diseases.

Elsewhere, millions of other human beings are being killed by hunger and malnutrition because food they could eat is being used to fatten domestic animals.

Meanwhile, few people recognize the absurdity of humans, who kill so easily and violently, and once a year send out cards praying for “Peace on Earth.”

~Revised Preface to Old MacDonald’s Factory Farm by C. David Coates~

_____________

Anyone can break this cycle of violence! Everyone has the power to choose compassion! Please visit these websites to align your core values with life affirming choices: http://veganvideo.org & http://tryveg.com

“Any great change must expect opposition because it shakes the very foundation of privilege.”
    Lucretia Coffin Mott, 1793-1880, minister, women’s rights leader, abolitionist, peace activist, humanitarian

13. says

Towleroad is literally the reason I was invited to the DADT signing ceremony. I went from a laptop critic to activist because of the Towleroad posts on “Meet In The Middle”. I now count Robin McGehee, Dan Choi and so many other figures who will go down as important in LGBT history as friends and colleagues. I learned how to reach people by reading about activists on Towleroad. I learned about politics from Towleroad (and MSNBC) and was able to help Harry Reid get reelected and organize activists to target Senator John Ensign (R-NV) which eventually got him to vote for DADT Repeal. I have a weekly radio show (with Ari Ezra Waldman as a regular guest!) because I wanted to get the stories I read about on Toweleroad out to even more folks in my area.

None of this is to brag. It’s to say a very heartfelt THANK YOU TO TOWLEROAD!