Don't Ask, Don't Tell | Evangelical Christians | Evangelicals | Nature | News | Religion

Watch: Wingnut Cindy Jacobs Says Mass Bird and Fish Deaths are Because 'DADT' Was Repealed

Jacobs

Wingnut Cindy Jacobs, of Generals International ministry, has revealed the reason for the mass fish and bird deaths. it's because "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" was repealed.

...let’s talk about this Arkansas pattern and say, could it be a pattern? We’re going to watch and see. But the blackbirds fell to the ground in Beebe, Arkansas. Well the Governor of Arkansas’ name is Beebe. And also, there was something put out of Arkansas called "Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell" by a former Governor, this was proposed, Bill Clinton. As so, could there be a connection between this passage [Hosea 4] and now that we’ve had the repeal of the Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell, where people now legally in the United States have broken restraints with the Scripture because the Scripture says in Romans 1 that homosexuality is not allowed.

It could be because we have said it’s okay for people who commit these kinds of acts to be recognized in our military for the first time in our history, there is a potential that there is something that actually happened in the land where a hundred thousand drum fish died and also where these birds just fell out of the air.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

(right wing watch via truth wins out)

Comments

1. No months of worrying about my Halloween costume this year!

Posted by: BobN | Jan 10, 2011 6:07:40 PM

2. Is that Dawn French?

Posted by: The Milkman | Jan 10, 2011 6:08:05 PM

3. She looks like a character from 'Kids in the Hall'.

Posted by: Beats | Jan 10, 2011 6:09:05 PM

4. I think she's trying to "out Eddie" British comedian Eddie Izzard.

Posted by: HadenoughBS | Jan 10, 2011 6:17:28 PM

5. I've posted Diderot's famous quote time and time again: "Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest." Or perhaps in this case the last priestess.

Religious people are crazy people. It's just a matter of degree the level of insanity.

Posted by: Bob R | Jan 10, 2011 6:25:19 PM

6. God didn't seem to do anything after all those little boys were molested..... But I think the bigger question is why does God hate birds and fish so much!?

Posted by: Tonez | Jan 10, 2011 6:29:24 PM

7. Logical people call this fallacy "Post hoc ergo propter hoc," or a coincidental correlation.

Posted by: Travis | Jan 10, 2011 6:32:03 PM

8. Whenever the gays win a battle in the fight for civil rights, one of these religious zealots comes out to blame a natural occurring incident on us because God is angry. Who knew we were so powerful? I'm taking credit for climate change, myself.

Posted by: Curtis | Jan 10, 2011 6:34:37 PM

9. "I was a boozer, a user, and a loser!"

Posted by: Spudger | Jan 10, 2011 6:38:00 PM

10. Yes this has never happened in all of human history...

Was it a gay asteroid that killed all the dinosaurs?

Posted by: secure214 | Jan 10, 2011 6:39:12 PM

11. In addition to normal college, I also went to Bible College and it's been 20 years since I've looked at scripture. I wish I hadn't broken that streak w/the passage from Hosea, it made me sick to my stomach. Religion is just so ...devastating.

Posted by: Geoff | Jan 10, 2011 6:44:28 PM

12. What's pathetic is that as batshit crazy as these people are, we still let them walk all over us. We deserve it, I suppose. A people that deserve equality fight for it. We refuse to fight. We sit on our asses and wait for the Democrats to give it to us.

Posted by: Lonnie | Jan 10, 2011 6:47:25 PM

13. Cindy's wig is cutting off circulation to her atrophied brain. At least she makes insane and stupid colorfully fun!

Posted by: Bart | Jan 10, 2011 6:48:39 PM

14. I'm not sure that I would want to worship a god so heartless He would kill off thousands of innocent animals. It's funny that when the UK, Netherlands, Canada and a bunch of other countries allowed LGBT people to serve in their armed forces, the massive die off was not reported.

Posted by: Brad | Jan 10, 2011 6:48:55 PM

15. if the repeal of DADT can trigger the killing
    of thousands of birds and fish what will the overturning of DOMA unleash? the sun falling from the sky the mountains crashing or the earth stop turning. these people are really a joke but very dangerous. the most scary part they actually believe it. watched one the other night selling miracle spring water. he guaranteed it would do everything from stopping bankruptcy to healing warts and people actually sent in their money. fools and their money are easily parted

Posted by: walter | Jan 10, 2011 7:02:56 PM

16. I love how much God cares about U.S. politics. We are sooooooooo important.

Posted by: Shawn | Jan 10, 2011 7:04:18 PM

17. Why do you report on this madness? She's just bats.

Posted by: Steve | Jan 10, 2011 7:16:58 PM

18. I love how these people always seem to assume 'interpretation' and 'meaning' are the same thing. It's the same assumption other crackpots, like astrologist, tarot card readers, and fortune tellers seem to thrive on.

Posted by: atg145 | Jan 10, 2011 7:19:52 PM

19. Ugh... I get so sick of this debate! The Bible also says that eating shellfish is wrong. The world didn't end the first time someone ate shrimp scampi, though. Again, I say... UGH.

Posted by: AndyWarholsWig | Jan 10, 2011 7:20:54 PM

20. Looks like some living birds made a contribution to Cindy's jacket.

Posted by: justiceontherocks | Jan 10, 2011 7:21:06 PM

21. What an evil witch. So sad that she has an audience.

Posted by: galore | Jan 10, 2011 7:28:49 PM

22. She obviously needs more gay men in her life. Someone needed to tell her to rethink that purple leopard-print suit jacket. Yikes.

Posted by: Mark | Jan 10, 2011 7:30:25 PM

23. Andy, why would you run this piece with an image of the woman who talks to herself outside my local 7-11? It makes no sense.

Posted by: Joe B. | Jan 10, 2011 7:31:09 PM

24. I think she's confusing DADT with DDT

Posted by: christopher | Jan 10, 2011 7:44:41 PM

25. LMAO @Spudger's comment. She does look like Jerri Blank!

Posted by: Bastian | Jan 10, 2011 8:31:08 PM