Bullying | Music Video | News | Pink

BigGayDeal.com

Watch: P!nk Addresses Bullying, Suicide in 'F**kin' Perfect' Video

Pink

A graphic reminder that there are many variations on bullying. On this site we focus on incidents that are anti-gay. But P!nk's message of empowerment is again, universal.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Not a big fan of Pink..but this was a nice video...

Posted by: DTK | Jan 20, 2011 6:33:51 PM

2. In 90210 parlance "It's called cutting". People who are cutters aren't necessarily suicidal.

Re: "I'm not a fan of Pink" - Why write such a comment? Does anyone on the Internet care about a strangers' personal and subjective taste in music? We need to edit ourselves people.

Posted by: Patrick | Jan 20, 2011 7:15:17 PM

3. Loving Pink right now! Have you taken the time to check out the new music coming from Adele? check out this acoustic session, http://bit.ly/f994os
    Her new album is coming 2/22. pre-order here: http://bit.ly/frXIzd

Posted by: b | Jan 20, 2011 7:31:44 PM

4. I F*CKN LOVE PINK!! This woman gets it! Not a generally "star stuck" kinda guy here - but just think the world of her. She's real, she shows you who she is and what's important. LOVE HER!

Posted by: SatyrBear | Jan 20, 2011 8:14:10 PM

5. Relax, Patrick. DTK finished the thought (did you read the rest of the sentence?) by saying that although he isn't normally a fan that this video won him over a bit. That is a valid comment. Chill.

Posted by: JeffDalon | Jan 20, 2011 8:16:54 PM

6. It's starts in our heads people, try to check yourself the moment you judge someone else who is different, our minds do this out of fear, this fear is projected into words and put downs and bullying, start with ourselves and work outward each day, talk about, talk about, talk about it. Sharing our quickness to judge takes away it's power. It's about mindfulness w ourselves and our young people.

Posted by: Gc | Jan 20, 2011 9:13:40 PM

7. PINK is just so Freakin' awesome, this generations Janis Joplin and that video has some powerful imagery. I love that she doesn't just try to sugar coat hard truths to be mainstream (although there is room for all that stuff too). Made me cry at the end when she sings to her daughter, children have the amazing power to heal ourselves.

Posted by: RONTEX | Jan 20, 2011 9:57:32 PM

8. I barely remember seeing some guy outside some stupid club without a shirt on smoking, and he was all loaded up with tattoos, of course...and he pointed to one of 'em and asked me what it said, because there was muzak playin', and I think it was pink...and I looked at him, and he looked at me expectantly...and I hesitantly queried, "pig?"...because it was in one of those fancy ornate fonts, and I couldn't quite make it out in the absence of light...and he said, "NO! It says 'PINK'! Pig?! blah blah blah, I'm self important and pissed by your honest mistake, blah blah blah blah". He was a little offended, I suppose, and I don't...care...and don't understand why he did. It was then that I realized I was conversatin' with a man of quality...above my station, as it were...and I made a hasty retreat...

Good for her. Not a fan, but so what.

Posted by: TANK | Jan 20, 2011 10:18:04 PM

9. Pink, Schmink

Posted by: the hair of the dog | Jan 20, 2011 11:11:59 PM

10. I rarely cry when watching videos or listening to music. But at the part where she carves her arm and at the end, tears flooded my eyes.

Posted by: Truthfulliar | Jan 20, 2011 11:27:43 PM

11. Pink made perfect music from adolescent horror and offered kids the chance to see that they'd be fuckin' perfect to someone...offered them hope. And what do some bitchy queens have to say in answer? "Not a fan." "Pink, schmink."

Talk about pathetic. No wonder NOM is winning in the war against us all.

Posted by: Kyle Sullivan | Jan 20, 2011 11:36:49 PM

12. beautiful. Pink is one of my artistic heroes. I wish we'd see more like her.

This video was amazing.

Posted by: Lis | Jan 20, 2011 11:46:14 PM

13. And what a perfect choice in Tina Majorino the actress used in this video whom I have loved since Veronica Mars and Big Love. She is going to be a major force if allowed to.

Pink has actually gone from pop tart to full on artist and has consistently affected me more and more as she has matured.

Amazing real lyrics in a song! Instead of stuttered syllables...that's the shocking part.

Posted by: Brion | Jan 21, 2011 12:21:37 AM

14. First of all, the song is awesome. Second of all, I'm surprised that there's been no mention of the wonderful actress, Tina Majorino who also gives a great performance here...

Posted by: Bryan Irrera | Jan 21, 2011 12:23:02 AM

15. Anyone recognize the guy? lol He's yumms!

Posted by: Allan | Jan 21, 2011 1:16:01 AM

16. This made me cry...

Posted by: Eric | Jan 21, 2011 1:29:04 AM

17. Great video, love her voice and attitude, but do all her songs start to run together for anyone else? Her songs are consistently good but that's about it.

Posted by: IAN F | Jan 21, 2011 2:06:25 AM

18. Her voice is rather annoying. Not chalk-on-blackboard annoying, but quite annoying.

Posted by: Natira | Jan 21, 2011 2:44:02 AM

19. Pink has always been awesome. She seems to fly under the radar musically, but her songs are hits. Her vocals are raw and that brings so much emotion. I'm sure she could soften them, but then she'd sound like everyone else.

and lol @ the little girl not being good @ pretending to sleep. cute.

Posted by: B | Jan 21, 2011 3:27:42 AM

20. Holy crap her husband was hawt.

Posted by: Tigger | Jan 21, 2011 9:24:33 AM

21. I think the hot guy ruined it! Thats just wishful thinking lol

Posted by: Casey | Jan 21, 2011 6:22:57 PM

22. I dont understand why anyone would believe 1. the video pertains to bullying 2. it has anything to do with homosexuality and 3. how anyone could draw these conclusions based on the content

i do believe a few on here are searching for a link when there isn't one. the video addresses self esteem issues none of which seemed to be at the hand of any participant in the video -- but self.

Posted by: NoSuchThingAsPerfect | Jan 22, 2011 7:45:55 AM

23. Call me silly, but this issue with the little boy in the beginning sure looks a lot like bullying, then the teacher reprimands the girl not knowing what the circumstances are (not that the girls actions were right). The mother's actions and attitude toward the girl in the middle of the video, yes we can bully our children. The girls in the dress store, need I go on. As for the "cutting" scene, it is perspective. Not many I know cut in the bath tub waiting to bleed out. Looked more like the teddy bear stopped her final actions. Look at the video people and understand the meaning. There are definitely self esteem issues, but what were the catalysts to these feelings?

Posted by: Russell | Jan 22, 2011 1:50:57 PM

24. I love this song and the message of the song.

Posted by: Nastassia | Jan 23, 2011 4:38:25 PM

25. Here is a form of bullying -- deleting a post on a community website simply because of a differing opinion. Very well done. You've become the thing you advocate against. Brilliant.

As previously stated, a 5 year old doesn't understand what bullying is. A 5 year old is simply being a 5 year old and from the moment a child is mobile and can pick things up, they are walking away with them and yes, throwing them too! We need to be able to (with clarity) truly pick out what is bullying and what are self esteem issues (having issues with someone of a differing opinion is a good example). This video does not speak to bullying. It does speak to self esteem and incorrect behavior as an output of those self esteem issues.

Posted by: NoSuchThingAsPerfect | Jan 24, 2011 6:38:01 AM