Film | News

BigGayDeal.com

Imagine if Pixar's 'Up' Was a Live-Action Film from 1965

Up

Now you don't have to imagine anymore.

Ivan Guerrero crafted this brilliant trailer.

Here's the recipe for the trailer: Guess Who's Coming to Dinner, *batteries not included, The Red Balloon, Superman, The Wizard of Oz, The Muppet Movie, Follow Me Boys, Mackenna's Gold, Benji, A Boy and His Dog, Mysterious Island, The Doberman Gang, The Alvin Show, Posse, One of Our Dinosaurs is Missing, The Island at the Top of the World, Zeppellin, Stephen King's It, Hollywood Hotel, Jonny Quest, Peter Pan's Flight, Habanera from Carmen, Always.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. It's amazing what elementary schools kids with the help of a good instructor can come up with.

Posted by: jakeinlove | Jan 26, 2011 11:39:27 AM

2. 99.9% of the time I hate it when people snype....but really? This was a huge waste of time.

Posted by: Geoff | Jan 26, 2011 12:12:10 PM

3. It's amazing when people who have no talent, criticize people that do.

Posted by: Edd | Jan 26, 2011 12:25:44 PM

4. His Gone with the Wind with Vampires is totally hilarious too. I guess for those whose knowledge of the movies begins and ends with the oeuvre of Adam Sandler, this stuff is confusing.

Posted by: Joseph L | Jan 26, 2011 12:33:40 PM

5. I think it's wonderful that Jakeinlove and Geoff have agreed to get together to show everyone how it's done.

I thought this was good, but to see their far superior product is going to be amazing, I just know it.

Posted by: DAlex | Jan 26, 2011 12:45:15 PM

6. Cute ... but since UP was drawn from tropes of tons of old movies, this treatment was kinda obvious and not really all that clever.

Posted by: Zlick | Jan 26, 2011 1:09:21 PM

7. That was cute! Great editing.

Posted by: Bobby | Jan 26, 2011 2:03:29 PM

8. That was cute. I could totally seeing it being around at the same time as "The Love Bug" and "The Absent Minded Professor."

Posted by: Aman Chaudhary | Jan 26, 2011 2:18:33 PM

9. @ Joseph L. - Just watched "Gone With the Wind With Vampires"... now I really will never get that 5:15 minutes back. It's not that great... on teh other hand, "West Side Story Horror" on youtube is Amazeballs! - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x25jVzVP1bY

Posted by: Hollywood, CA | Jan 26, 2011 2:19:29 PM

10. bravo!

Posted by: ACe | Jan 26, 2011 2:27:42 PM

11. @Dalex...it was just an opinion. Sorry if my having one threatened your self esteem or the credibility of this vid. Thank you so much for setting me on the right path.

Posted by: Geoff | Jan 26, 2011 4:22:36 PM

12. What the hell is wrong with you old cynical prudes? I enjoyed it!

Posted by: PriceCut | Jan 26, 2011 8:27:10 PM

13. Very good job of cinematic archeology! Love the big bird from Harryhausen's "Mysterious Island"

Posted by: jaragon | Jan 26, 2011 9:06:17 PM