News | Radio | YouTube

Watch: Ted Williams, the Homeless Man with the Golden Voice, Appears on The 'Today' Show

Tedwilliams

Ted Williams, the man who was plucked from panhandling by YouTube, discusses the past meteoric couple of days.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Comments

1. I don't get this dude, He used to work in Radio, it's not like he has never done it before and is this natural talent.

So that means people are all worked up that a homeless man got a job while homeless, something that should happen more often.

Posted by: Fenrox | Jan 6, 2011 10:36:54 AM

2. Amazing, and beautiful story.

Posted by: Roseann | Jan 6, 2011 10:40:58 AM

3. Great story for sure.....better then bad news..but I can't help but to think of ALL the people OUT there, who GO to School for this -broadcasting- ...pay 1000's for school, only to get out and NOT be able to find a job....

Posted by: Disgusted American | Jan 6, 2011 10:54:43 AM

4. @FENROX it's about second chances, something that people who hit rock bottom don't get very often in this society.

I actually teared up a bit.

Posted by: IndyTown | Jan 6, 2011 10:54:46 AM

5. Rooting for him!

Posted by: Andalusian Dog | Jan 6, 2011 10:58:31 AM

6. Agree with FENROX. We Americans are clearly a sad, depressed people, looking for any uplifting news we can cling to.

Posted by: Pete | Jan 6, 2011 11:37:15 AM

7. Everyone needs a little help.

PLEASE remember to support our fierce activists:

We can't win without your financial support. Please give more and we'll work harder.

Posted by: Katy | Jan 6, 2011 11:37:31 AM

8. It's a nice story, but this guy had been trained for the voice and was was working in radio. He became homeless and stayed that way because of some of the choices he made.

It's hardly an epiphany or discovery but it does go to show that many talented people are homeless. At least he got a second chance. Considering the many qualified people who can't get a job in radio or voice, let's hope he won't squander this chance.

Posted by: Beef and Fur | Jan 6, 2011 2:10:27 PM

9. I don't get the people who think that other people don't deserve second chances or something. I would never in a million years want to humiliate myself by standing on the side of a freeway in the cold begging for money holding a cardboard sign. Those people make money the hard way. You can't tell me they wouldn't rather have an inside (WARM) job.

Posted by: Christmas Grinch | Jan 6, 2011 4:27:14 PM

10. I hope you understand one day that it's about second chances... but at least you tried! Good boy.

Posted by: Paul | Jan 6, 2011 6:49:12 PM

11. He has been sober 3 years after overcoming addiction. It's an uplifting story because he worked to defeat personal demons and seems to genuinely appreciate this second chance.

Posted by: jo | Jan 7, 2011 5:17:05 AM

12. I've always put it down to choices. Living in a free society we take that so much for granted.

Our lives are determined on simple choices and sometimes having too many choices can be too overwhelming and we make really simple bad ones.

20 yrs ago I chose to leave my cheating man, my job and my country. Today I live in London, great and lovely relationship and work in radio (a secret life dream). I have watched this vid of Ted at least 5 times and have been hoping that having a few choices proves easier than having too many. I really wish him well.

Great, inspirational story - maybe 2011 will be great for more of us. Sometimes you have to lose or be willing to lose to have a better reward and appreciation in the end result.

Posted by: EuroRant | Jan 7, 2011 8:24:47 AM

13. DUDE.....PLEASE!!!! GIVE A BREAK....IF THIS GUY WERE SOME WHITE DUDE WHO WAS DRUG ADDICT...CRIMINAL....WIFE BEATER...ETC....YOU WOULD BE ~SCREAMING~ FROM THE HEAVENS HOW EVERYONE DESERVES ANOTHER CHANCE...YOU ARE SOOOOO HAPPY FOR HIM....AND SOME WOULD EVEN SAY HOW "HOT" HE WOULD BE! GET OVER YOURSELVES AND THIS BS DOUBLE STANDARD....SERIOUSLY

Posted by: shannon | Jan 8, 2011 2:23:35 AM

14. I agree with "SHANNON" on the double standard of one or two of the readers here. But the majority positive opinions rule here so best to ignore the minority comments.

Anyway ,great, uplifting, unique story, and thanks to Andy and Towleroad for continuing to post updates.

Posted by: Jedi | Jan 8, 2011 12:47:30 PM

15. More beautiful, uplifting, sweet story than you could ever require.

Posted by: Jedi | Jan 8, 2011 1:05:02 PM