Beth Ditto | Madonna | Music | Music Video | News

Watch: Beth Ditto Justifies Her Madonna Love in the New Video for 'I Wrote The Book'

Ditto

Beth Ditto will take you back in Madonna time with her new clip for "I Wrote the Book".

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

(via boy culture)

Comments

1. I love her new EP, especially Open Heart Surgery!

Posted by: Wes | Feb 18, 2011 10:57:53 AM

2. Fantastic vocalist, great song, spot on video. Makes you sad to see Britney get so much attention and not her. Get the EP!

Posted by: Aron | Feb 18, 2011 10:59:50 AM

3. How do you have her EP? It's not out until next month

Posted by: crispy | Feb 18, 2011 11:08:48 AM

4. Never heard a Beth Ditto song, I like!

Posted by: daveny0 | Feb 18, 2011 11:14:02 AM

5. @Crispy I'm a DJ

Posted by: Aron | Feb 18, 2011 11:16:06 AM

6. You can download and preview Beth's EP on the website Beatport (www.beatport.com). It has been available for download since January.

Posted by: Dan | Feb 18, 2011 11:35:40 AM

7. Wow. Let's take the most unlikely indie rock lesbian from the backwoods of Arkansas who neither wears deoderant nor shaves her pits and grew up eating squirrels...and put her in a remake of a classic Madonna video.

Beth Ditto is just too cool for school. I like everything associated with her or the Gossip. I wouldn't mind if she could managed to stay dressed on stage though...but I'm definitely on Team Ditto.

Posted by: RafiD'Angelo | Feb 18, 2011 12:26:14 PM

8. Excellent!!!

Posted by: nikko | Feb 18, 2011 1:47:18 PM

9. I've always said the truly talented very rarely have big careers because they dont fit the mold of what "they" think is sellable. This woman is beyond talented and should have a huge career. I plan on downloading her cd when it come to itunes. You rock Beth!!

Posted by: Tagg | Feb 18, 2011 5:46:29 PM

10. She has a natural, lyrical voice and she makes it seem effortless. I'm a fan.

Posted by: Mark in Indiana | Feb 18, 2011 9:09:39 PM

11. How much fresher is this Vadge tribute than that other thing... Nuff said.

Posted by: Brion | Feb 19, 2011 2:19:10 AM

12. Obviously none have you had a properly prepared squirrel mulligan or you wouldn't diss the dish so much ;)

By the way Searcy is a suburb of Little Rock and hardly the backwoods. I grew up in the backwoods. Trust me Searcy is the kind of town we used to drive an hour to growing up to shop.

Posted by: Jason Young | Feb 19, 2011 6:09:03 AM

13. Beth Ditto rules! can't wait for her EP to come out March 8! Such a great video!

Posted by: Amanda | Feb 19, 2011 9:32:21 AM

14. Been playing her EP since January in heavy rotation. This video is fantastic! It shows how to pay homage to another artist work and make it fresh.

Posted by: blacharlem | Feb 19, 2011 11:55:48 AM

15. Beth Ditto Justifies Her Love In Debut Solo Video

Lady Gaga may be getting flak for the uncanny sonic similarities between her new single "Born This Way" and Madonna's "Express Yourself," and Christina Aguilera's "Not Myself Tonight" video last year bore a troubling resemblance in parts to Madonna's "Express Yourself" and "Human Nature" clips. But it turns out Gaga and Xtina aren't the only modern-day electropop divas influenced by Madge's iconic early-'90s era.

The new solo video by Gossip frontgoddess Beth Ditto--"I Wrote The Book," from her self-titled collaborative EP with Simian Mobile Disco, out March 8--is a loving tribute to Madonna's "Justify My Love" video and Truth Or Dare concert movie, and we must say, Beth gives good face here. "I Wrote The Book" seems like a knowing nod to Madonna, not a ripoff, so it just works.

Posted by: viec lam | Oct 17, 2011 6:25:24 AM