Gareth Thomas | News | Prince William

Gay Rugby Icon Gareth Thomas Snags Invite to Royal Wedding

Wedding_thomas

Anybody have hat suggestions?

Comments

1. I don't think I want to read any more of his tweets. Call me what you will but it's always disappointing to me when a hot, masculine looking guy opens his mouth and a purse falls out.

Posted by: Jerry | Feb 21, 2011 8:41:49 AM

2. Grey felt top hat. That's the only option for a formal dress wedding held during the day (before 6pm). That goes with a morning coat and white gloves.

@Jerry: Please consult a therapist to help you with your normative internalized homophobia, thanks.

Posted by: Charles | Feb 21, 2011 9:24:10 AM

3. @Gareth: I'd be honoured to be your 'plus one'. Call me.

Posted by: MikeBoston | Feb 21, 2011 9:43:48 AM

4. I think 'snags' is a harsh word to use - he could be Wills' bessie mate

Posted by: John | Feb 21, 2011 9:52:33 AM

5. Just to clarify, I'm pretty sure he means the Zara Phillips/Mike Tindall wedding. Tindall is an English rugger from Yorkshire and these two are probably friends.

Posted by: Ioann | Feb 21, 2011 10:46:27 AM

6. If I read the phrase "opens his mouth and a purse falls out" on this site one more time... ugh. When will we stop beating up on our own?

Posted by: mike128 | Feb 21, 2011 11:01:42 AM

7. @jerry would like to be the one to mention his purse to his face? bet he stuffs you in one and closes it.

Posted by: walter | Feb 21, 2011 11:14:23 AM

8. http://www.mrsongmillinery.com/

Posted by: Chris | Feb 21, 2011 11:41:34 AM

9. What if he takes Joe McElderry to the royal wedding? Could you die?

Posted by: Manny Espinola | Feb 21, 2011 12:02:43 PM

10. It's worse when a gay man doesn't understand gender issues because he's committing an act of willful ignorance. Time to do some reflection about how you assess a man's worth.

Posted by: 11 | Feb 21, 2011 12:11:59 PM

11. Wonder what it would take to snag getting to be his date to the wedding...does he have a bf?

Posted by: Danny | Feb 21, 2011 1:43:26 PM

12. @Jerry--it's way too bad you have to go through life with such a narrow idea of how a "hot masculine guy" has to behave. One of the great things about being gay is being able to play with stereotyped gender roles. You sound like you're hopelessly stuck in the 70s. Time to grow up, girlfriend: there's more than one way for a man to be a man.

Posted by: Danny | Feb 21, 2011 1:45:47 PM

13. @ Charles: WOW!! Gareth Thomas in a cutaway suit with great topper. I never thought I'd think of that get-up as HOT--but I just had a major rethink. THANKS for enriching my fantasy life, bud!

Posted by: Danny | Feb 21, 2011 1:47:52 PM

14. http://www.fitequipment.co.uk/

Posted by: Keith | Feb 21, 2011 3:00:50 PM

15. Jerry probably needs to get laid. Still, that's no reason for the purse remark. What separates us from the animal kingdom is our ability to accessorize.

Posted by: Beau | Feb 21, 2011 3:31:43 PM

16. One "girlfriend" does not a purse make. Snap.

Posted by: Atheist | Feb 21, 2011 4:54:36 PM

17. And yet, nor Obama or the wife were invited? Hmmmm....I guess the Brits are sending a not too subtle message.

Posted by: ratbastard | Feb 21, 2011 7:06:11 PM

18. The Obamas were invited to a state dinner this spring by the Brits. What is the big deal about them going to the wedding of the grandson of the figurehead queen anyway?

Posted by: Brian in Texas | Feb 21, 2011 10:15:54 PM

19. Hello,
    Thank you for your great article. Also the pic is very nice.

Thanks