Morgan Spurlock | New York | News | Towleroad Guide to the Tube

Towleroad Guide to the Tube #856

THE GREATEST MOVIE EVER SOLD: Morgan Spurlock's new documentary, which was fully financed through product placement.

NYC: A five-minute film by Rick Liss documenting New York City in the early 80's.

CHLOE: Spring.

DEFEND DOMA: MAtt Baume at Stop8.org debunks NOM's latest ad.

For recent Guides to the Tube, click HERE.

Comments

1. The short film was a brilliant time capsule.

Posted by: jaragon | Mar 23, 2011 6:00:45 PM

2. Chloetic ecstasy! So lusciously viscous as you simulate yourself. But remember, rhythm is what happens _around_ the beat. Pick up the pace a tad, you icon you icon you icon you. Hallucinate us in an ever so slightly angular cadence... His Master's Voice: cloy me with an adverb, Grammophoneme.

And frolic on your peg leg, pookessence, _frolic_.

Posted by: Bryan | Mar 23, 2011 6:25:53 PM

3. ya know, I really appreciate that Matt Baume provides the facts for people to call, bullsh*t... but here's the problem; NOM's strategy is not about fact, it's about leveraging prejudice & ignorance. THEY know they're lying, that's why it works- it riles up knuckleheads & gets them what they want, money.

Posted by: Pete n SFO | Mar 23, 2011 7:03:32 PM

4. Chloe somehow makes me long to be more esoteric and warm with joy that I'm not, simultaneously.

Posted by: dingo | Mar 23, 2011 7:05:23 PM

5. Go Matt Baume! I love you!

Posted by: David R. | Mar 23, 2011 11:58:44 PM

6. LOVE the NYC film (absolutely agree with Jaragon, it is a brilliant time capsule!)...and Chloe? Where have you been all my life???

Posted by: Geoff | Mar 24, 2011 1:09:29 AM

7. For 25 years, I was part of the fable fans in the cheap seats(when they were)of Chicago's Friendly Confines, Wrigley Field. I was tabbed by Cubs Hall of Fame announcer Harry Caray as the team's #1 fan. I once rented my back to a local Mazda dealer, for a thousand bucks for the Cubs first night game in 1988. It was mentioned in USA Today,NY Times and the wire services. In 1989 and '90, I received $3,000 to appear in a Day's Inn ad in the Cubs year Book. Back in 2003, I was 5 outs away of getting $5,000 from the BIG ASS FAN Company, to wear their T-shirt into the first World Series Game... but be that as it was... a guy named Bartman
    got in the way of a foul ball that cost the Cubs getting into the World Series and me 5 thousand bucks... So if there are companies who feel their advertisement placement is important, why not! I am in the process of doing a documentary about my photography of San Francisco in the 1970s, and talked to Lava Light for possible placement... Cheers!

Posted by: jerry pritikin | Mar 24, 2011 8:20:02 AM