Glee | Matthew Morrison

Watch: Matthew Morrison Was Once In A Gay Boy Band

Mm
Matthew Morrison explained to Jay Leno that an obscure acting gig he booked several years ago on a Lisa Kudrow film titled Marci X was the gayest thing he's ever done in his life. What he's talking about, AFTER THE JUMP.

Comments

1. hahahaha wow gayer than glee. and that show is pretty gay.

Posted by: Rob | Apr 9, 2011 12:34:54 PM

2. Just slightly less gay than the "Summer Rain" single.

Posted by: Shawn Michael Phipps | Apr 9, 2011 12:44:46 PM

3. I’d buy that CD.

Posted by: ichabod | Apr 9, 2011 12:47:40 PM

4. the gayest thing he has ever done is sucking cock

dude gets his pic taken at gay bars all the time

who the hell is he trying to fool?

Posted by: mstrozfckslv@yahoo.com | Apr 9, 2011 1:11:52 PM

5. I watched that clip and I think I just grew a vagina.

Posted by: The Milkman | Apr 9, 2011 1:23:25 PM

6. Umm, is that a soul patch?

Posted by: Alan Bennett Ilagan | Apr 9, 2011 1:31:49 PM

7. Am I the only person who's sick and tired of these "straight" actors acting so coyly embarrassed about playing gay? The gayest thing you've ever done? Nobody's buying it any more, even if it's true. And I thought MM had more sense (I knew that Leno didn't).

Posted by: LemmyC | Apr 9, 2011 2:07:46 PM

8. Leno loves a good gay joke. Sad that MM had to play into that.

Posted by: mike128 | Apr 9, 2011 2:24:14 PM

9. Hi - wait for it - larious!

Posted by: Corvidae | Apr 9, 2011 2:41:39 PM

10. I'd watch the show Marci X. This clip gave me a good laugh.

Posted by: gb | Apr 9, 2011 2:46:50 PM

11. I don't think he was ashamed of the "gayness" - the guy IS IN GLEE, people.

He's just ashamed at the ridiculous of the clip, just like EVERY OTHER ACTOR who's been in a pathetic movie/play/show TV before they were famous is when they're reminded of the fact...

Chill out FFS

Posted by: G.I. Joe | Apr 9, 2011 2:49:05 PM

12. Let's place "the gayest thing I've ever done" in the same trash heap that "that's gay" belongs in.

You can see the full clip here:

Another tune:

Posted by: Randy | Apr 9, 2011 3:02:54 PM

13. Matthew should be embarassed over that soul patch he was sporting in the clip.

Posted by: S. | Apr 9, 2011 4:36:23 PM

14. In all fairness, that is a terrible, terrible movie--but once you start watching it, it's hard to look away. (Like a car accident.) The gay number is only one tiny piece of how off-the-deep-end it truly is.

Posted by: Dback | Apr 9, 2011 5:07:33 PM

15. A good example of gaysploitation. I echo the others here, who does he think he's fooling?

Posted by: Tone | Apr 9, 2011 8:00:04 PM

16. Wait... "we'll watch reruns of Will and Grace?"

No gay people watched that, it was all lonely fat women with lots of cats, wasn't it?

Posted by: jasun mark | Apr 9, 2011 8:31:33 PM

17. Well, one of the things about being an actor is having to take the jobs that come--otherwise you live on peanut butter. And given the gayploitation element, it's way 'gayer' (in terms of stereotyping) than going to a gay bar.

Or sucking cock.

Posted by: Matthew Lang | Apr 9, 2011 9:51:13 PM

18. Matthew TRIES TOO HARD and never seems to sense the energy level of people around him. It's almost as if he has to steal the scene all the time. I wish his energy felt spontaneous and real, instead of canned.

Posted by: SteveDenver | Apr 10, 2011 12:19:26 AM

19. SteveDenver, I totally agree. At first, thought it was because he is/was a stage actor, and stage acting doesn't always translate on-screen, but really, I think he's just actually really annoying. Every time he sings on Glee, I am thoroughly uncomfortable and embarrassed for him.

Posted by: Austin | Apr 10, 2011 12:53:36 AM

20. I'ma gay man and I would find that embarrassing!!!!! LOL

Posted by: William | Apr 10, 2011 7:34:22 AM

21. He's been alot gayer than that...typical gay barslut!!

Posted by: alan brickman | Apr 10, 2011 10:32:33 AM

22. Oh, come now, you bitchy, sex-starved, Internet-trolling old queens are really missing the target this time around! Mr. Matthew Morrison is very hot, yes, and very gay-friendly, but he's as straight as they come. I know from a friend who has first hand knowledge: Matthew loves him his ladies! So, sure, it would be great if he were gay, but sorry, he's not... so you middle-aged creeps will have to find some other sexy young heartthrob to drool over... bwa ha ha ha!

Posted by: TANK | Apr 10, 2011 3:05:52 PM

23. So what is the "bottom" line on Matthew Morrison?

Is he just playing straight or is he really gay?

There was an alleged picture of him kissing Ben Maisani (Anderson Cooper's current boyfriend) at a gay bar but I KNOW the other guy in that picture and it was not Matthew Morrison.

Still there is something kind of sinister about this guy regardless

Posted by: Tony the Tiger | Apr 10, 2011 3:36:04 PM

24. OK, I've just watched the clip......now I feel peculiarly disturbed.

Are we doing anything to day that could be regarded as this stupid in the future......Leno is such a lecherous sleaze bollox.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Apr 10, 2011 4:51:00 PM

25. Morrison's pas de deux with Neil Patrick Harris on Glee was the real turtle soup; Marci X was only the mock.

Posted by: Rich | Apr 10, 2011 4:54:03 PM