Boston | News | Republican Party | Sarah Palin

BigGayDeal.com

Sarah Palin's American History: Paul Revere 'Warned the British'

Palinboston

Sarah Palin offered up a wrong version of Paul Revere's midnight ride at a bakery in Boston.

"He who warned, uh, the … the British that they weren’t gonna be takin’ away our arms, uh, by ringin’ those bells and, um, by makin’ sure that as he’s ridin’ his horse through town to send those warnin’ shots and bells that, uh, we were gonna be secure and we were gonna be free … and we were gonna be armed."

Yeah, she's some patriot.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Well, I always knew she was a complete idiot, but this even surprises me.

Posted by: Rob | Jun 3, 2011 2:06:04 PM

2. the only thing that surprises me about her these days is how many people still think she is a viable ANYTHING... how can so much of our country be populated by such blithering idiots!?!?

Posted by: CKNJ | Jun 3, 2011 2:09:42 PM

3. Is it really worth the effort to post every stupid thing she says? Does the legend of Sisyphus mean anything to you?

Posted by: Diogenes | Jun 3, 2011 2:10:21 PM

4. so close to so many pies and no one thought to throw one in her face?

Posted by: Vincent-louis Apruzzese | Jun 3, 2011 2:10:27 PM

5. Classic right-wing delusion. The right-wing is completely unconcerned with facts. They can't wrap their head around facts. Their emotional narrative --that stems from their gut-- is the only thing that is real to them. If Sarah FEELS that Paul Revere rang bells and warned the Brits about disarming us, well then, that's exactly what he did... and all you pinheads and anally retentive America haters who have "your own version" of history be damned.

Posted by: dancobbb@aol.com | Jun 3, 2011 2:10:59 PM

6. Oh, I GET it! She really IS stupid!

Posted by: jamal49 | Jun 3, 2011 2:13:19 PM

7. Is anyone surprised? This is also the woman that said the North Koreans were our allies. Matt Damon had a point when he said: Do we really want this woman to have the nuclear codes?

Posted by: Ioann | Jun 3, 2011 2:14:19 PM

8. WHERE'S HER HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA???

I DEMAND TO SEE IT!!

Posted by: MikeInSanJose | Jun 3, 2011 2:14:24 PM

9. The buzzing sound you hear is her high school and elementary school history teachers spinning in their graves.

Warning shots and bells . . . *twitch*

Posted by: David in Dallas | Jun 3, 2011 2:16:37 PM

10. I can't wait to hear how she and her supporters spin this one!

Posted by: nodnarb | Jun 3, 2011 2:18:41 PM

11. I agree with the above. This is not news. And her people will still LOVE her just like they love all their other lying GOP politicians.

FACT.

Posted by: Rowan | Jun 3, 2011 2:19:37 PM

12. This woman is an intellectual train wreck!

Posted by: Ron R | Jun 3, 2011 2:20:43 PM

13. Mark my words: she'll claim she was right and the historians didn't tell us the truth. Everything is about the guns!

Posted by: Darrin | Jun 3, 2011 2:21:33 PM

14. ...well I cant stand this cretin...but on this..I may give her a tad-a tiny bit of le-way..she probably JUST mis-spoke..? ..or please dear lord..let her have mis-spoken! LOL I hear her talk,and it sounds like charlie browns teacher.....waaa,waaa,waaa,waa her and Bachmann.....aaaargh...Dunces- the both of them

Posted by: Disgusted Gay American | Jun 3, 2011 2:24:22 PM

15. And the hits just keeeeeep on coming!! God I love that she did this bus tour. Her ignorance just keeps shining on through. Forget the media, SHE is her own worst enemy. Keep it coming, Sarah...These little stories of your fuckery just make my freakin day!!!! ps..could her speech patterns be any more, uh, illiterate,um?

Posted by: greg | Jun 3, 2011 2:24:28 PM

16. @Rowan.

It's not news. It's entertainment.

Posted by: Andy Towle | Jun 3, 2011 2:26:09 PM

17. I can't claim to know what Paul Revere did or stood for, HOWEVER if I was out there suggesting I was running for president and I knew I was going to be in Boston with massive press following, I'd damn well be sure I studied up and knew all these deets ahead of time. So reflective of how she approaches EVERYTHING policy wise, no clue, total BSer and yet she's right and the media is "lame".

Posted by: Todd | Jun 3, 2011 2:26:52 PM

18. Wrong. THIS IS NEWS. This woman has a very good chance of being elected POTUS so we all need to be reminded daily that we need to do something to prevent it.

Posted by: Ioann | Jun 3, 2011 2:28:46 PM

19. I'm with "mikeinsanjose" I demand to see her diploma!!

Posted by: Randy | Jun 3, 2011 2:35:08 PM

20. She probably the read the poem "Paul Revere's Ride" and thought it was factual when in actuality, it was quite embellished like historical fiction.

Posted by: Max | Jun 3, 2011 2:35:55 PM

21. Wow. She sure isn't very bright.

Posted by: bicurious | Jun 3, 2011 2:43:10 PM

22. It is not too much to ask of her to know basic facts of American History. Particularly when she is claims that this is what her tour is all about - bringing awareness to our historical sites.

How hard would it be to brush up on the story of Paul Revere while you're sitting on your wonderbus? Google it or ask an aide or even your daughter Piper. Watch School House Rock on youtube. ANYTHING!!!

Posted by: txstevo | Jun 3, 2011 2:44:38 PM

23. This is why she pretends that she avoids the mainstream media because they distort her words, when in fact it's because they report her words...and that never works out too well for her.

I had to learn "Paul Revere's Ride" in third grade; glad Max mentioned it. But I only chose it because the first line mentions my birthday ("Twas the 18th of April in '75..."), and my parents explained to me then that it wasn't a literal version of history.

Posted by: Paul R | Jun 3, 2011 2:51:00 PM

24. Tina Fey has nothing to worry about in this economy....

Posted by: Darren | Jun 3, 2011 2:51:02 PM

25. I detest her. But at the end of the day she's a joke. It's amazing how she can play the media like a violin. Even here!

The whole election '12 topic is much ado about nothing. If the economy is on the right track, obama is in. If not, most likely its president Romney. Scary, but maybe he'd add a new holiday for Joe Smith?

Posted by: dms | Jun 3, 2011 2:51:14 PM