David Tyree | Football (American) | New York | News | NOM

BigGayDeal.com

Former NFL Player David Tyree Says He'd Trade Super Bowl Win to Stop Gays from Marrying: VIDEO

Davidtyree

Former NY Giant David Tyree tells the New York Daily News that he would trade his famous catch and his Super Bowl XLII win to stop gays from being allowed to marry:

"The catch was a gift, it's not like I'd try to do it. I couldn't do it again so that was a miracle," he said. "There's nothing worth more than [maintaining heterosexual marriage] right here for me."

Asked if he'd give up the Super Bowl to stop gay marriage, Tyree said: "Honestly, I probably would."

"Nothing means more to me than that my God would be honored," he said. "Being the fact that I firmly believe that God created and ordained marriage between a man and a woman, I believe that that's something that should be fought for at all costs."

"So I'll lay down everything I am to preserve the honor and integrity of the God that I serve."

Watch a separate video of Tyree from today at the Capitol where he joined anti-gay demonstrations, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. what is terribly sad is his mistaken position which is based in fear. People make wrong decisions when they are afraid. He cannot stop equality...no matter how much he fears gays.

Posted by: chris | Jun 20, 2011 2:22:04 PM

2. How sad. He can't take credit for his own catch. That was no miracle. You did that. Be proud.

The dangers of imaginary friends and miracles are far and wide.

Posted by: Paul | Jun 20, 2011 2:22:58 PM

3. This man clearly has no skills and needs a job. NOM is paying him!!

Posted by: bryan | Jun 20, 2011 2:23:25 PM

4. Who is David Tyree?.....He kinda looks like a dude I met deep in the park once.

Posted by: David | Jun 20, 2011 2:24:57 PM

5. So God wanted the Giants to win in that Super Bowl, is that what he's saying?

Posted by: brent | Jun 20, 2011 2:26:55 PM

6. Sad. It's just so sad how biased religious groups can con not-very-bright people. And it's also sad how NOM is exploiting his fame and ignorance.

Posted by: K in VA | Jun 20, 2011 2:27:31 PM

7. If breathing required brain power some people would die

Posted by: Steve | Jun 20, 2011 2:28:34 PM

8. can someone explain why we should listen to the rants of a former crackhead and whose first two children were born out of wedlock?

oh, yeah! he found Jesus...

Posted by: mike/ | Jun 20, 2011 2:32:11 PM

9. Perhaps he is a closeted gay or thinking of pursuing a run in Republican politics...quite possibly both. He will fit in well with those D-bags!

Posted by: cf511 | Jun 20, 2011 2:33:17 PM

10. Standby for his sex scandal in 3... 2... 1...

Posted by: Thomas | Jun 20, 2011 2:33:37 PM

11. Interesting - I wonder what his teammates and Team management would have to say about that. In any event, the train has left the station, it's just a matter of time.

Posted by: Mike | Jun 20, 2011 2:34:11 PM

12. Keep this crap up and you may well have played in your last NFL Team let alone Super Bowl! One thing about the Gay Community is that we can exert tremendous power when forced to. Remember the Coach recently who was not allowed to be in the Next Olympics?

Posted by: alexInBoston | Jun 20, 2011 2:34:33 PM

13. Very sad...

Posted by: ichabod | Jun 20, 2011 2:34:35 PM

14. Sell-out hatchet man. Sold-out to hate.

Bet his kids will be proud (well...embarrased/ashamed...if they have any sense and don't kill themselves like he'd prefer if they are lgbt.)

His attempted "anarchy" argument is raw stupid facsism.

This guy talks about "love" but shows none. He seems just desparate for a Mormon-fed dime through NOM. Poor, sold-out sap.

And not even articulate. Do what ur good at already, guy. Or at least do good, not this evil sh**.

Posted by: just_a_guy | Jun 20, 2011 2:34:54 PM

15. So he hates gays more than he likes....anything else?

what a loser.

here's what really infuriates me: almost 70% of black children born in the USA are born to single mothers, and yet rather than acknowledging and doing something about the socioeconomic circumstances that result in that saddening statistic, Tyree chooses instead to just Hate On Gays.

the man is a embarrassment.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Jun 20, 2011 2:35:33 PM

16. Perhaps I can sell him a couple million dollars in Rapture Insurance that will pay him in the afterlife?

Posted by: Rad | Jun 20, 2011 2:36:44 PM

17. Today, on Desperately Seeking Relevance...

Posted by: Jesus | Jun 20, 2011 2:38:14 PM

18. What's his name again?...oh, right, Tyree. zzzzzzzz.

Posted by: Bear | Jun 20, 2011 2:39:42 PM

19. Watching things like this is so unpleasant. It's horrible to realize that the entire other side has the collective IQ of a table. Not a big football fan but presumably he wasn't so good and the catch was a miracle.

But reading people say stuff like this could make me violent. I'm in NYC and if I saw any NOM people on the street passing things out I think I might hit them. It's all I can do not to throw things at the people who walk into the Mormon church and meeting center at Lincoln Center which is near my house.

Posted by: Jonathan | Jun 20, 2011 2:39:53 PM

20. See that proves I'm not a gay! Praise Jesus!

Posted by: dezboi | Jun 20, 2011 2:40:09 PM

21. If we only get what God wanted, this idiot would still be in chains and digging ditches on my plantation. Has he ever read the bible? Have any people of color? How quickly they forget!

Posted by: Wayne | Jun 20, 2011 2:41:46 PM

22. Clearly he's a psychopath.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Jun 20, 2011 2:41:55 PM

23. At least he's honest and consistent in his religiostupidity, though if he's basing his assertions on the "Bible", then his reading comprehension level needs some work.

Posted by: David R. | Jun 20, 2011 2:47:09 PM

24. Why does he care some much about this issue, which has nothing to do with him? Gay marriage won't make him any less man, his statements...well.

Posted by: Matt26 | Jun 20, 2011 2:49:01 PM

25. So that means he'll be donating all of his Superbowl prize winning (auction off the ring, the prize money, and any salary bump he got from winning) and donating it all to NOM, right? Call me when that check clears.

What a tool...