Music | Music Video | News | Robyn

Watch: Robyn's New Video for 'Call Your Girlfriend'

Callyourgirlfriend

"Call Your Girlfriend" is Robyn's latest single. Here's the video.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I love her. She seems so genuine in her performances and I appreciate that now days.

Posted by: Nat | Jun 2, 2011 2:30:40 PM

2. Talent, through and through.

Posted by: Mikey | Jun 2, 2011 4:10:12 PM

3. Cute, bouncy adolescent hormone track. Robyn's fun. But the dancing? A clumsy assemblage of clichés executed with such excruciating, energy-free self consciousness that you just want to pull the plug on the cameras, give her a big hug, take her out for a round of drinks, and try again, maybe someday, maybe never. (And - most of all- burn the damned shoes.)

God, what the industry does to these kids... It's like they've literally sucked the blood out of her, leaving behind a staggering, desperate, anemic husk incapable of feeling much of anything but tired.

Posted by: Bryan | Jun 2, 2011 4:19:14 PM

4. I LOVED the signature Robyn style dancing. Beautiful video in my opinion.

Posted by: Thomas | Jun 2, 2011 4:26:28 PM

5. i like that it was done in a single shot. you don't see that much anymore.

Posted by: alguien | Jun 2, 2011 4:37:50 PM

6. I can't believe it was done in a single shot given all the lights and such. I thought the song and the dancing were cute.

Those pants, on the other hand, need to be burned.

Posted by: Paul R | Jun 2, 2011 4:48:28 PM

7. That top!!! Belongs next to the tub, on the floor, w/ the matching seat cover in my auntie's throne room w/ the shellshaped soaps wrapped in a cellophane shade VERY close to the color of that thing that she seems to have put on backwards...Nonetheless this is sheer pop genius, from beginning to end, yet all we hear is radio ga ga, radio goo goo. Robyn I Love You.

Posted by: starquisha | Jun 2, 2011 6:05:11 PM

8. Ahhhh shaddap y'all!! This is pure pop perfection and an amazing dance video!! It's all Robyn - right down to the pants and shoes!! Her signature is very rosie perez circa Do The Right Thing :D

Posted by: Allan | Jun 2, 2011 6:19:33 PM

9. Great video, great artist. Skip Lady Gag's album and get Body Talk instead. By far a better dance/pop experience.

Posted by: BEAHBEAH | Jun 2, 2011 6:25:35 PM

10. She is art.

Posted by: trees | Jun 2, 2011 9:55:36 PM

11. Bryan, if you knew anthing about Robyn you would know that she is anything but the washed out puppet you describe... Sure everyone has to please the bosses, but Robyn's artisitc direction is always self-driven and conceived with her team. Yes herdancing is quirky and cute, but it's a million times more expressie than the tired old 'dead-eyed stripper' routine that we get every five minutes from the likes of Britney, Rihanna and other artisits who only offer their flesh in an attempt to express themselves... I know who I'd rather my daughter aspire to be....

Posted by: Dylancat | Jun 3, 2011 3:19:25 AM

12. Bryan, really? you are so clueless on this one.
    Maybe you should wipe the sour vile of your screen and try again.

Posted by: anastasia beverhausen | Jun 3, 2011 4:46:44 AM

13. The song is alright... but is it really all that impressive lyrically, musically? I would say no.

Posted by: JMG | Jun 4, 2011 1:42:41 AM