Chicago | Film | Marilyn Monroe | News

Chicago's Colossal Marilyn Monroe 'Seven Year Itch' Sculpture: PHOTO

Marilyn

And upskirt photo pervs rejoice. (via chicago tribune)

Comments

1. They're going to need an awfully big icebox/refrigerator to keep those panties in. :) (If you've seen the movie, you'll get the reference.)

Posted by: Dback | Jul 13, 2011 11:46:51 AM

2. I love it!!! It's like the infamous lamp from 'A Christmas Story' exaggerated to monolithic proportions - a monument to Sex!

Posted by: DC | Jul 13, 2011 12:13:09 PM

3. DC, I just saw it yesterday and thought the exact same thing!

It’s kind of cool, but from behind, I can see some people (not me) getting upset. Everyone is stopping in the streets and gawking now that it is up on the street. Turns out that the same artist did the awakening giant by the Potomac.

Posted by: John | Jul 13, 2011 12:29:42 PM

4. Much better than our tin toy version of Andy Warhol at Union Square, which is so tiny and lame.

Posted by: Brion | Jul 13, 2011 12:47:04 PM

5. Thanks John :) Your mention of this giant on the Potomac made me want to research, and the artist goes by the name of 'J. Seward Johnson'. The gallery portion of his website is gorgeous! sewardjohnson.com

Posted by: DC | Jul 13, 2011 1:25:43 PM

6. I think Marilyn deserves a bit more respect than tourists gawking at her giant crotch, but since she was disrespected in life, guess this is just par for the course.

Posted by: petrof | Jul 13, 2011 1:27:36 PM

7. Is it just her legs? That's weird... and why Chicago and not NYC? I agree it's tacky and disrespectful. I'm surprised the MM Foundation that protects her image allowed this.

Posted by: graphicjack | Jul 13, 2011 1:36:42 PM

8. isn't this one of the Johnson & Johnson heirs? Lives in Beverly Hills -- very talented!

Posted by: David B. | Jul 13, 2011 4:44:04 PM

9. If you read the article it says the top half of the sculpture will be installed Friday. Still a bit tacky though IMO.

Posted by: Brian in Texas | Jul 13, 2011 6:44:09 PM

10. I was up in chicago this weekend, I saw them working on this statue. Seeing 2 guys in a small cherry picker working under her skirt made me laugh my ass off.

Posted by: Mike in Chicagoland | Jul 15, 2011 11:26:23 AM