Adam Lambert | Music

Watch: Adam Lambert Debuts New Song, 'Outlaws Of Love'

LambertOutlaws

Adam Lambert has been a busy boy.

In addition to recording his upcoming Behind the Music for VH1, the openly gay singer appeared at Quebec's Le Festival Ste-Agathe en Feux Festival yesterday. And while there Lambert debuted a new song off of his upcoming album.

Of the song, called "Outlaws of Love," Lambert said he drew inspiration from his personal experience: "All of the things I’ve been talking about over the past year, all of it boils down to acceptance and this is a song that I wrote about how it feels, that no matter where you go or where you turn, sometimes it feels like you’re just running from the law."

Watch Lambert belt it out, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Good song, seems very personal and emotional.

Posted by: Mel | Jul 30, 2011 1:23:47 PM

2. can't even watch it. too much chatter in the audience. i will wait for the studio version.

Posted by: AJ | Jul 30, 2011 1:34:53 PM

3. Am I the only one who can't understand going to a concert and chatting as if you were in a coffee shop? Concert tix are like 40x the price of a cup of coffee, and the music isn't so loud it disturbs your conversation.

Posted by: Mikey B. | Jul 30, 2011 3:03:04 PM

4. there are better recordings of this. No bro chat in the background. still screaming tweens every now and then though. check youtube. i bet the studio version will be a bit different.

Posted by: gallant | Jul 30, 2011 4:11:53 PM

5. Mikey B., no, you're not alone. What cracks me up is when you "shh" them or ask them to be quiet, *they* act offended.

Posted by: Henry Holland | Jul 30, 2011 4:38:12 PM

6. Here's a cleaner copy.

The lyric could be for the Brokeback Mountain soundtrack or the way gay people are legally discriminated against. It makes me think of the generations of gay men who were and in some counties still are unable to grow old together in peace.

Everywhere we go
    We're lookin' for the sun.
    Nowhere to grow old.
    And always on the run.
    They say we'll rot in hell
    But I don't think we will
    They've branded us enough
    Outlaws of love.

Posted by: IAN F | Jul 30, 2011 4:39:49 PM

7. I like Adam and I like his voice... but his songs are just bleh. These power pop ballads are a stark contrast to the alternative rocker who sang "Mad World" and Led Zeppelin on American Idol.

Fun fact: His guitarist is Madonna's guitar instructor.

Posted by: nodnarb | Jul 30, 2011 5:11:36 PM

8. Broadwayish! don't like this one. sorry.

Posted by: pnyorker | Jul 30, 2011 5:45:34 PM

9. Beautiful song. Beautiful Adam. Can't wait for the album and to be able to hear this beautiful piece sung WITHOUT THE FREAKING CHATTER BOXES IN THE AUDIENCE!!!!! WTF????

Posted by: Jennifer | Jul 30, 2011 10:57:35 PM

10. took me awhile to like this and now I am hooked.

Posted by: helly | Jul 30, 2011 11:15:37 PM

11. I love this song, chorus has me hooked.

Posted by: daniel | Jul 30, 2011 11:39:11 PM

12. Amazingly heartfelt and honest! Love Adam and his voice! I can't wait for his next album. This man is so worth the wait!

Posted by: javo | Jul 30, 2011 11:44:31 PM

13. Love this song. SO much! So raw, honest and emotional. I cant wait for the album version.. wonder if he's keeping it a ballad or scuffing it up a bit?

Nodnarb... Monte Pittman (Adam's musical director) is not only Madonna's guitar teacher but he's also her guitar player. Performs on tv appearances and goes on tour with her. He has a new CD coming out soon too.

Posted by: chica63 | Jul 31, 2011 2:19:43 AM

14. hes style is edgy as rocker as him but hes music very old fashioned kareoke,sorry.
    the song very boring sorry.

i wish adam stick to hes rocker,punkish side for hes 2album like hes edgy style he is.no more boring song,i dont know whats happend to him,

Posted by: zus | Jul 31, 2011 11:26:39 AM

15. I am so sick of trolls who insist on coming on Adam artiocles pretending to be his fans just so they can trash whatever he does! Ya, you, NODNARB! And oh please, don't come back just to tell us how much you love Adam but not his song or his clothes or whatever else you insist on trashing! Sick of the jealousy!This song is beautful! Such heartwrenching lyrics and his vocals melt you at the core! Gorgeous! Can't wait for the album version! But for now, I have this video on repeat! I can feel Adam's pain in this song, it breaks my heart that anyone should be made to feel like this just cuz they want to love! Love you Adam!

Posted by: Jordan | Jul 31, 2011 11:38:02 AM

16. I think most people realize Adam is gay so why do articles insist on adding the "openly gay singer" can't you just say "current popular singer" there must be another description because this one is really getting old. Oh and I love Outlaws Of Love. Some people like rock and some like ballads, I am sure Adam will make both happy with his new album. In the meantime this ballad lover has the song on repeat.

Posted by: Nancy | Jul 31, 2011 1:03:24 PM

17. Hey Brandon... I mean, NODNARB, Monte also is Madonna's tour guitarist, not just her guitar instructor.

This is ONE SONG, by the way, in its most stripped down form, not the album version. I love Led Zep and I love rock wails, but not everything has to be about that. This is an emotionally tectonic song with powerful, meaningful lyrics, not just something to hang guitar riffs on.

Posted by: sastenio | Jul 31, 2011 1:12:25 PM

18. I wish he had rocked out in the chorus. Just my opinion.

Posted by: crashstlmo | Jul 31, 2011 5:50:36 PM

19. Also you should use the link to the TALC Vid @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oJRuaH5FJ0&feature=related. This is a much better version that has less noise in the background while Adam is singing (thanks to people sushing the audience). Also the sound quality is much better. Support for Adam would really be great or does every song have to be a dance song sung by Gaga. Don't you have room for something a little more meaningful and real and sung by such an exquisite voice!! This was acoustical. The version that will end up on the album will most likely be different.

Posted by: barbls | Jul 31, 2011 6:37:58 PM

20. Gawd, the Adam Lambert fans are nearly as bad as the Clay Aiken fans. Few things are as pathetic as idolatry.

Posted by: nodnarb | Jul 31, 2011 7:08:25 PM

21. Except maybe bitchy comments made by person's who have little appreciation for the superlative talent that has dropped in their midst. Amazing how many in this community will not support a gay artist. You don't have to be a raving Glambert to appreciate this voice, even if the ballad is not your favorite genre.

Posted by: kris | Jul 31, 2011 7:35:45 PM

22. A true artist can do it all and that is Adam Lambert. He certainly can do the rocker vibe--have you looked at his Whole Lotta Love and 20th Century Boy covers? He always says he like to do all genre so why not? Why does everyone have to be in a box of some sort? This is obviously a heartfelt personal and lovely ballad showing another side of him. And yes, it's about time to leave off the "openly gay" intro of him--we all know that by now. Looking forward to the album and all that it will offer.

Posted by: Mals | Jul 31, 2011 7:57:41 PM

23. The BEST video so far, audio-wise is THIS one, not the previous two.

And I wish people would STOP bitching about whether he's wailing or doing a f**king ballad.He does ALL kinds of genres & he does them BETTER than any male alive, period.
    And Nodnarb? You sound like your "narbs"have been nodding quite a long while. Try dangling them in your fishtank. Maybe you'll stop being such a B**CH.
    And I might have to rip your head off if you DARE put that Clay AZZWIPE'S name in the SAME sentence with THIS star again.
    Adam Lambert does MORE for GLBT rights in ONE day than you have done in your miserable life. Get a clue.
    He rocks better than the best but his ballads are tender, meaningful and absolute PERFECTION, emotionally and vocally. You don't like him? Fine. STFU and let those who do comment. He gets enough hate-filled comments from homophobic asses without YOU adding your own crap to the mix.
    For those who MUST have ROCK:

He KICKS ASS with ROCK too!

So IF you are gay or lesbian, STOP eating your own and be thankful you have such an OPEN, accepted talent on YOUR side. If you're just a hetero trouble maker, GO AWAY.
    Peace~Out People.

Posted by: queenrosered | Aug 1, 2011 2:13:55 AM

24. @Queensrosered

"And I might have to rip your head off"

Uhh, really?

Oh, and yeah, people never shut up at Top 40 concerts.

Posted by: Ben | Aug 1, 2011 1:56:50 PM

25. Troll announcement...those who are posting here...Broadwayish! is a troll ...posted ugly comments on Youtube and other sites in re to Adam...Yo....grow some ears or something...Adam is beautiful on this song...Those posting he is bleh...you obviously did not buy his cd...FYE...or listen to the whole thing...especially the International version...Huge variety of sounds..from ballads like Soaked to rock in Sleepwalker...He is amazing.

Posted by: kat23 | Aug 2, 2011 11:25:57 AM