Bears | News | Reality TV | Survivor

BigGayDeal.com

Gay Self-Proclaimed 'Daddy Bear' to Compete in 'Survivor: South Pacific': VIDEOS

Caruso

Mark-Anthony Caruso, a 48-year-old gay retired NYPD detective and self-described "daddy bear" has been announced as a cast member of the upcoming Survivor: South Pacific.

Papabear Caruso's Survivor profile:

''I call myself Daddy Bear,'' says the openly gay former NYPD morgue detective. ''I'm older, wiser, and cuter, I guess. No, I'm kidding. I'm not cuter.'' One thing he's not kidding about, however, is which two former players he'd like to see return this season. ''I would like to see Jane. And I know people may not like hearing this, but I like Russell. I do! I just like him! I worked in the New York City police department for 20 years. There's a thousand Russells!''

Watch Mark-Anthony's videos (in the first he talks about being gay), AFTER THE JUMP...

Here's the rest of the cast, if you are interested.

Tattoo shot from Mark-Anthony's 'Bear 411' profile (http://bear411.com/anthony4 - site not sfw).

Comments

1. I'd smash. He looks like a few of my exes.

Posted by: new-new | Aug 23, 2011 8:56:38 AM

2. swell guy. met him in ptown during bear week (surprise!) true new yorker...you get what you see. no pretense. just that he's much more handsome in person than on the first video

Posted by: Tim | Aug 23, 2011 9:24:55 AM

3. "Daddy Bear"??! seriously? I applaud gay men putting themselves in the forefront but c'mon, a 48 year old man who needs to subscribe to some faux identity cult in order to belong? Not attractive. It's high time adult gay men behaved as such. Not a good look.

Posted by: Marlee | Aug 23, 2011 9:45:17 AM

4. He likes Jane Russell. No surprise there.

Posted by: Really? | Aug 23, 2011 9:46:32 AM

5. You look pretty cute to me, Mark-Anthony!

Posted by: Dastius Krazitauc | Aug 23, 2011 10:05:31 AM

6. Seems nice. And he'll be playing with one of my former students, who's on this season too: Russian grad entering med school.

Posted by: KevinVT | Aug 23, 2011 10:25:55 AM

7. Cute, and would sleep with, but if he said "Call me Daddy" I'd puke and leave. Can we please excise this word from our collective vocabulary? If you're an attractive older man, try to understand that a younger man who wants to have sex with you doesn't necessarily get off on having that spark incestuized. (That's a word.)

Posted by: Jason | Aug 23, 2011 10:27:27 AM

8. Yes Daddy!

Posted by: Rex | Aug 23, 2011 10:28:20 AM

9. I always cringe at men referring to themselves as animals as though they're invitees to a child's tea party. ("Some tea for you, Otter, and you too, Muscle Cub!") That said, this a reality show, and people are narrowed down to their base characteristics for easy identification. So I say, go daddy bear!

Posted by: Gregoire | Aug 23, 2011 11:09:08 AM

10. He's a good-looking guy. But that tattoo on his back is really unfortunate.

Posted by: Joe | Aug 23, 2011 1:08:02 PM