BigGayDeal.com

Jean-Claude Van Damme On Gay Fans: They Have Taste

Vandamme Jean-Claude Van Damme recently sat down with Sabotage Times to offer his thoughts on his native Belgium, how he dislikes tabloids and, yes, how he feels about his gay fans.

Here's what the action star, once known as "The Muscles from Brussels," had to say:

Most gay people are very tasty people – they like beautiful stuff in their lives. If they like me, it means they have taste. They don’t follow me for my butt shots.

They like me for me.

Hmmm. It's been ages since I last saw one of Van Damme's films, but I'm not sure my fandom was for his theatrical abilities.

Comments

1. I like that he thinks we're tasty.

Posted by: Joseph Klock | Aug 14, 2011 12:49:18 PM

2. he was a lousy actor but who cares?

kinda like what was said about Grace Kelly.

Posted by: Danny | Aug 14, 2011 12:50:59 PM

3. Jean-Claude, you're giving us too much credit and not giving your ass enough.

Posted by: Yeek | Aug 14, 2011 1:12:34 PM

4. Andrew, I too hope you were watching the Jean Claude movies for the beef and not for the cinematic Z-movie quality that they were. Ugh.

Posted by: Brian in Texas | Aug 14, 2011 1:26:55 PM

5. Most gay people are tasty? Just how many as he eaten?

Posted by: Lee | Aug 14, 2011 1:30:38 PM

6. Jean-Claude's ass is a fantastic and beautiful actor.

Posted by: Eric26 | Aug 14, 2011 1:50:20 PM

7. Yes, Jean-Claude, we DO only watch you for your butt shots. And with the sound OFF.

Posted by: Jeff | Aug 14, 2011 2:03:10 PM

8. His ass is top-notch, but I really do like him for him. He definitely has charisma and there's no such thing as a JCVD movie where he doesn't give it everything he's got. What's not to like?

Posted by: justme | Aug 14, 2011 2:49:26 PM

9. we sure didn't watch his movies for the dialogue.

Posted by: walter | Aug 14, 2011 3:54:42 PM

10. My husband tells me of how Van Dame use to go to Rage (a gay bar in W Hollywood) along with Van Dame's girlfriend of the moment and seek out another guy to go back with them to their room. Now why a gay bar?

Posted by: Blair Slavin | Aug 14, 2011 4:24:40 PM

11. I've worked in Hollywood for ages. The rumor was that when VanDamme got married that he liked to have his wife roger him with a strap-on...

Posted by: TomTallis | Aug 14, 2011 4:33:24 PM

12. I watched "Universal Soldier" on tape and almost wore out the section in the motel room where he's naked except for socks and the camera lovingly pans up from the socks to his beefy thighs to his incredible ass...

rewind...slo-mo...pause

I don't remember the rest of the movie.

Posted by: eyechart | Aug 14, 2011 4:34:49 PM

13. Over ten years ago there were articles about him admitting that he used to go out with his male friend and they'd pick up dudes. I don't remember that much about the whole thing, so this is just baseless rumours here now. It's possible that the whole thing came out in a trial involving his friend.

It's possible that the articles were just rumours and not true, but I remember reading them in few places here in Europe. And it was before the internet, if I remember correctly.

Posted by: kode | Aug 14, 2011 6:27:50 PM

14. Dear JCVD, We gays DO like the tasty & we're glad you noticed.

Personally, I love a good blockbuster. Leave the guy alone. His comments were positive.

Honestly, sometimes I feel like I can't take you kids ANYWHERE!

Posted by: Pete n SFO | Aug 14, 2011 6:47:34 PM

15. He's a cool guy. Plus he played a gay guy before:

The movie was "Monaco Forever" and he plays a gay karate kid.
    Is Jean-Claude gay? I don't know. If yes or no, either way, it's cool.

Posted by: FunMe | Aug 14, 2011 7:19:50 PM

16. I am proud to be a Jean-Claude fan and not just for his amazing butt! And how retro to claim someone "admits" to going to a gay bar. Shocking!

Posted by: prophet | Aug 14, 2011 8:09:12 PM

17. He made some good action movies and was a beautiful young man unfortunately he never was able to leap to the Hollywood A list.

Posted by: jaragon | Aug 14, 2011 9:34:03 PM

18. Sure, most of his movies are silly, but I will say that JCVD was one of the best movies I've seen in the last few years.

Sure it was Dog Day Afternoon a la belche, but just for him kicking the Gaumont kid at the beginning - priceless.

Posted by: DN | Aug 14, 2011 11:20:06 PM

19. Believe you will love it.

We have good reputation, fashion products,

come here quickly== http://www.jordanforworld.com

Opportunity knocks but once

Posted by: zhongrto | Aug 15, 2011 4:33:26 AM

20. It was "Universal Soldier" that affirmed to me that I was gay. That gratuitous butt shot did it for me... over and over again.

Thank you JCVD!

Rad

Posted by: Rad | Aug 15, 2011 8:36:27 AM

21. Tasty and less filling

Posted by: Grover Underwood | Aug 15, 2011 10:47:52 AM

22. Actors like Jcvd like to equivcate on the matter of their sexuality. Gaydar, Blind1, social life, etc. seem to indicate that they 'are'but their ambiguity on the question is deliverate; it's an ego thing and their preception of who they want to be.
    it's too bad they can't proudly declare that they are gay (or at least, bi)and not treat that orientation as being afflicted with a diease!

Posted by: Paul | Aug 15, 2011 12:42:08 PM

23. Is it sad that I know that still's from "Lionheart" or that the guy in the kilt in that flick was way hotter?

Posted by: RugbySkin | Aug 15, 2011 6:09:20 PM

24. He's cute and a decent actor. The fact he's gay friendly makes him hotter

Posted by: Jason | Aug 15, 2011 7:08:29 PM

25. @Eyechart: Ah, yes. He along with Brad Pitt in Fight Club helped me become a man's man, if you get what I'm sayin'! What an ass on Vandamme...what an everything on Pitt!

Posted by: james_from_cambridge | Aug 16, 2011 1:27:53 AM