Alber Elbaz | Fashion Men | Lanvin | News | Steven Meisel

Hats Off to Alber Elbaz and Lanvin: VIDEO

Lanvin

Congratulations to Lanvin artistic director Alber Elbaz and his new F/W Steven Meisel-shot campaign, which does not take itself too seriously and comes with a funny video set to Pitbull's "I Know You Want Me".

Models above are Lowell Tautchin, Milo Spijkers.

Check out the clip (and the cameo by Elbaz at the end), AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. hmmmmm,not liking the hats AT ALL on the guys... Please don't tell me this style of hat will be all the rage this fall/winter

Posted by: Glenn | Aug 31, 2011 9:07:59 AM

2. Oh God fabulous, funny and chic. It's been so long.

Posted by: tarraraboomdeeya | Aug 31, 2011 9:32:35 AM

3. I love the hats but the guys can't dance.

Posted by: Mark | Aug 31, 2011 9:53:23 AM

4. How incredibly hideous.

Posted by: Jack M | Aug 31, 2011 10:33:22 AM

5. Hideous? Are you insane? Pure genius! Very well done and the clothes are to die for. I love the guys and true, they can't dance but neither can the girls. That fact was surely intentional - had Alber used pretty professional dancers the viewers attention would not have captured the whole concept but on the dancing. Again, very well done. Sumptuous.

Posted by: OS2Guy | Aug 31, 2011 10:43:19 AM

6. I had to watch it again. The men's clothes are just plain beautiful, no ifs, ands or buts about it.

Posted by: OS2Guy | Aug 31, 2011 10:46:22 AM

7. Not a fan of Lanvin. The clothes just don't work in terms of cut and fit on me. And in terms of style. I will keep my Rick Owens apparel. Kthnx.

Posted by: new-new | Aug 31, 2011 10:59:28 AM

8. The women's clothes are nothing short of genius. The men look like clown versions of Argentine cowboys in drag.

But Elbaz obviously has a sense of humor, so I can't imagine even he would want us to take any of this too seriously.

Posted by: justme | Aug 31, 2011 11:06:36 AM

9. the women's clothes are great. the men look like Abe Lincoln resurrected. no thanks.

Posted by: NorthoftheBorder | Aug 31, 2011 11:24:55 AM

10. Any other gaming geeks out there? You probably know where they got the dance moves from...

Dance Central for the Xbox. The models are playing with the Kinect!

Posted by: Victor | Aug 31, 2011 11:26:27 AM

11. Boys & Girls,

It's just a ad-,

It's meant to be Fun!

Try it sometime

Posted by: Deen | Aug 31, 2011 11:29:56 AM

12. relax people it's a joke. how can it not be, remember it's pitbull's "music" they're using.

Posted by: ladycaca | Aug 31, 2011 1:04:37 PM

13. The menswear outfits are some seriously dandy-fied clothes! I could've pulled them off from the ages of about 15 to 23-24, but no way could I wear that kind of look now. Great ad.

Posted by: Derek Pearce | Aug 31, 2011 1:11:19 PM

14. BTW I agree the women's clothes are gorgeous. The men's remind me more of Quentin Crisp than Abe Lincoln, and I can see how people might not wish to look like Mr. Crisp. Although those velvet jackets are pretty luxe, I'd wear one.

Posted by: Derek Pearce | Aug 31, 2011 1:13:01 PM

15. this is pure genius and the clothes look AMAZING both for guys and girls.

Tall lanky people look so awkward when they dance... LOL

Posted by: Clayton Moore | Aug 31, 2011 3:17:53 PM

16. Didn't need Meisel for this, but I love it — it is perfect that the models can't really dance, makes them all the more charming. The clothes look great too, thanks to the truly likable Elbaz. Hope that others follow (take that, LVMH!)

Posted by: larry | Aug 31, 2011 4:40:58 PM

17. one of the females is supermodel Raquel Zimmermann who's Brazilian. And one thing Brazilians do right, is dance. It's in our blood;-) I'm sure she was asked to do the white girl bad dance thing.

Posted by: Scrufff | Aug 31, 2011 8:20:06 PM

18. Don't judge their dance moves. They're playing Dance Central on the Xbox 360. It's hard to look like you can dance while playing that game.

Posted by: Bill | Aug 31, 2011 9:27:10 PM

19. I love the video. Hate the song.

Posted by: Joe De Hoyos | Sep 1, 2011 10:12:33 PM