BigGayDeal.com

Rick Santorum: 'I Condemn the People Who Booed That Gay Soldier' - VIDEO

Samtorumgaysoldier

FOX News anchor Megyn Kelly asked Rick Santorum today about the boos that were heard during last night 's debate following a question from a gay soldier about 'DADT', Talking Points Memo reports.

Says Santorum: "I condemn the people who booed that gay soldier. That soldier is serving our country. I thank him for his service to our country. I'm sure he is doing an excellent job. I hope he is safe. I hope he returns safely, and does his mission well. I have to admit I seriously did not hear those boos. Had I heard them, I certainly would have commented on them."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Too late, Frothy Mix.

You reinforced your carefully-cultivated image of Intolerant Opus Dei Catholic A$$hole last night, and you don't get to call back your stupidity by condemning the idiots in the audience who agreed with you.

Putting it simply: F!ck you, Rick "Frothy Mix" Santorum.

Don't forget to Google "Santorum", kids. And of course, go to this site as often as you can stomach it:

Posted by: One of the CA 36,000 | Sep 23, 2011 3:14:38 PM

2. Santorum is a liar & a frothy mix.

Posted by: JONNY NYNY2FLFL | Sep 23, 2011 3:16:32 PM

3. Utter BS. When getting a question from a member of the armed forces, every politician in the modern era ALWAYS begins their answer with a statement along the lines of "thank you for your service". Santorum didn't do that - he immediately (and eagerly) launched into his bigoted comments.

Posted by: Blake | Sep 23, 2011 3:18:30 PM

4. My first thought was: "Wow, Santorum actually has some sense of shame?!"

My second thought was: "No, he still wants to weaken the military by kicking out effective and highly trained soldiers just because they're gay or lesbian. What he's doing here is lying to cover his shameless ass."

Posted by: BABH | Sep 23, 2011 3:19:28 PM

5. Santorum clearly must not be an actual follower of the bible because he just broke God's Ninth Commandment.

for real.

how much faith can this man claim to have when he has no problem at all with just blatantly breaking God's Ninth Commandment?

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Sep 23, 2011 3:23:01 PM

6. The fact remains that Ricky DID NOT at any point THANK that Soldier for his service to our country.

Posted by: Dogstar74 | Sep 23, 2011 3:23:34 PM

7. "I'm sure he's doing an excellent job."

Is Frothy Mix changing his position on gays in the military?

Posted by: Dan | Sep 23, 2011 3:23:42 PM

8. I can't believe he had the balls/stupidity to make that statement. "I condemn the people who booed that gay soldier." and "Going forward [I] would re-institute [DADT]..." are two statements that cannot logically coexist in a single world view.

And so Frothy Mix proves yet again that he's a lying, moralizing, worthless politician.

Posted by: Aaron A. | Sep 23, 2011 3:28:07 PM

9. old frothy mix strikes again and now he will beg goggle to help fix his problem. he created the problem now let him live with it. why hasn't he dropped out his money is zero his polls numbers are zero he's a zero?

Posted by: walter | Sep 23, 2011 3:29:41 PM

10. Thank you for your service Stephen. From the battles of Lexington and Concord to Iraqi Freedom, you join the millions of gay servicemen and women who have placed themselves in harm's way to defend America and we are proud of you.
    FYI http://Out­­Military.­c­om has been providing a supportive environmen­­t for friending, sharing and networking between Gay active military, vets and supporters since December, 2010.

Posted by: Out Military | Sep 23, 2011 3:30:00 PM

11. "I condemn the people who booed that gay soldier. He may not deserve the right to marry, have children, or even look at me with his filthy faggot eyes, but he can fight for my country if he stays in the closet." - what Frothy Mix really meant.

Posted by: Paul | Sep 23, 2011 3:32:45 PM

12. He shouldn't have been booed and he should have been thanked -- but he should also be kicked out? How does that make any sense?

Does even Rick Santorum listen to Rick Santorum any more?

Posted by: justme | Sep 23, 2011 3:33:16 PM

13. Talk to the hand, Frothy. You can't have it both ways -- honoring the guy's service but plotting to kick him out of the military.

Posted by: MikeMick | Sep 23, 2011 3:38:47 PM

14. Oh, so he probably had his ears clogged with frothy mix?

Posted by: Rob | Sep 23, 2011 3:42:55 PM

15. Maybe they were added later, just like the applause! Or maybe thick-froth Santorum is a liar.

Posted by: RandyN | Sep 23, 2011 3:44:08 PM

16. Look, my impression of Santorum is that he is just not a very bright person. Let's look at the facts: he's a devout Roman Catholic --not a sign of intelligence; he's a GOP social conservative --not a sign of an insightful person; and his arguments and debating skills are just awful --I mean comparing two humans in love with man-on-dog sex.... ugh! While that sounds quite malicious, I think he is too stupid to understand the import of those words. He's just a dumb ass with a microphone.

Posted by: dancobbb | Sep 23, 2011 3:48:32 PM

17. Frankly, he is getting way more attention than he deserves. He is polling under 5%.

Posted by: Steve | Sep 23, 2011 3:51:26 PM

18. THE GAY REPUBLICANS SAID IT ALL: "That brave gay soldier is doing something Rick Santorum has never done - put his life on the line to defend our freedoms and our way of life. It is telling that Rick Santorum is so blinded by his anti-gay bigotry that he couldn't even bring himself to thank that gay soldier for his service," they wrote. "Stephen Hill is serving our country in Iraq, fighting a war Senator Santorum says he supports. How can Senator Santorum claim to support this war if he doesn't support the brave men and women who are fighting it?"

Remember this man is a product of rabid Roman Catholic hate and is part and parcel of the RCC's war on gays -- to wit Cardinal Dolin's letter today.

These RC "Christians" must be called out for what they are BIGOTS and their tax exempt status removed. I beg any fellow gay cradle Catholics to leave that institution and for God's sake (literally) do not give them money to destroy your life and the lives of so many other people.

Posted by: Richard | Sep 23, 2011 3:54:06 PM

19. What an ass kisser.

Posted by: Jay | Sep 23, 2011 3:57:19 PM

20. Sorry Richard but there is not much difference between a gay Catholic and a gay Republican. Both of those institutions are engaged in a war on gay people, and gay people who subscribe to either are trying to belong to a group of people who hate them.

Posted by: antb | Sep 23, 2011 4:04:45 PM

21. He is just a "spoiled priest" with the same hypocritical self loathing obsessions.

But it's his self righteousness, his lack of empathy ,that makes me detest this slug.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Sep 23, 2011 4:08:25 PM

22. How could he not have heard the boos. I didn't see him wearing a set of headphones and listening to his favorite Lady Gaga tunes.

Posted by: Artie | Sep 23, 2011 4:09:22 PM

23. What a two-faced hypocrite! He can take his fake patriotism and stick it where the santorum froths!

Posted by: Jack M | Sep 23, 2011 4:09:40 PM

24. This whole situation is shameful. The people who booed to the lack of response until it made national news is just awful.

Posted by: Jacob Z Flores | Sep 23, 2011 4:12:43 PM