Anderson Cooper | Food and Drink | News

BigGayDeal.com

Anderson Cooper Eats Spinach, Drinks Coffee for First Time: VIDEO

Spinach

Anderson Cooper fessed up about his eating habits yesterday on his show, which was about disordered eaters. Anderson does not drink hot beverages, or eat green vegetables.

So he tried coffee, spinach, and brussels sprouts for the first time.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. First solid food he's eaten in months.

Posted by: teampeeta | Sep 28, 2011 8:51:40 AM

2. Clearly someone was spoiled as a child. We HAD to eat what was put in front of us. BTW, I LOVE brussel sprouts!

Posted by: QJ201 | Sep 28, 2011 8:55:57 AM

3. Brussel sprouts, broccoli and asparagus are AWESOME! Join the green side, Anderson!

Posted by: NoSleep4Sam | Sep 28, 2011 9:07:07 AM

4. Wow, thanks Anderson for revealing so many secrets about your interesting life.

Keeping anything else from us? ;) (Maybe one day he'll get to that LOL.)

Posted by: Dan | Sep 28, 2011 9:07:25 AM

5. I'm sure Anderson has had lots of "slithery" things in his mouth he finds more appealing than spinach.

Posted by: Brian | Sep 28, 2011 9:39:30 AM

6. Anderson Cooper is a pathetic closet case. Why is Towleroad promoting this freak?

Posted by: MARCUS BACHMANN | Sep 28, 2011 9:39:36 AM

7. @ QJ201 -- first thing I thought as well, only a spoilt kid gets to not eat "green vegetables" (i.e. most of them) and fewer still would carry that into adulthood.

Explains his anemic coloration: maybe if he'd been eating spinach we'd see he's truly ruddy-cheeked with red hair!

Posted by: Strepsi | Sep 28, 2011 10:05:54 AM

8. This show is an embarrassment. When Anderson said he doesn't discuss his personal life, when asked if he was gay, it was one thing as a news reporter...but now that he has this train wreck-he is interviewing his mom, talking about brother's suicide & now telling what foods he doesn't like? Seems awfully personal, Anderson. Time to come out. When kids are killing themselves, it's no longer ok to hide. "I don't discuss my personal life."? Um, yeah you do.

Posted by: Dano | Sep 28, 2011 10:12:05 AM

9. I agree with all the comments here about Anderson needing to come out.

Also, I think that your dislike of green vegetable is not something to compare to eating disorders. It's not quite the same thing - and it really minimizes the issue.

Posted by: mike128 | Sep 28, 2011 10:17:10 AM

10. He's had worse things in his mouth!

Posted by: Jack M | Sep 28, 2011 10:44:39 AM

11. Brussels sprouts? His expression is completely understandable. I was forced to eat them as a child, but those days are *over*! *bleh*

Posted by: justinw | Sep 28, 2011 10:48:05 AM

12. "He's had worse things in his mouth!"

Worse?
    Hmmm...I'll take the worse any night.

Posted by: oliver | Sep 28, 2011 10:51:45 AM

13. People come out when they are ready to come out. Jesus!

Posted by: walt | Sep 28, 2011 10:58:52 AM

14. forget all the talk about coming out or not coming out: i used to think anderson was hot, smart, interesting, alluring. watching this clip, and a few others from his new show, make me reconsider. they are embarrassing, pointless, silly, and decidedly not cute.

Posted by: shane | Sep 28, 2011 11:27:31 AM

15. I didn't eat many vegetables as a kid, and it's not because I'm spoiled, it's because my mom hates vegetables too.

Also I do wish Anderson would come out, but it's up to him. He just shouldn't hide behind the lie that he doesn't talk about his personal life.

Posted by: Matthew | Sep 28, 2011 11:33:26 AM

16. Forget the brewed coffee Anderson, try try an espresso down the street at Stumptown Coffee Roasters (18 W 29th St.) - which I think is great.

I like brussell sprouts too - but admittedly an acquired taste.

Posted by: Alan | Sep 28, 2011 11:59:05 AM

17. If you watched the show, the most interesting part was the wafer test. It showed he had some deficiency with his taste buds, since he could taste nothing, where many audience members reacted quite strongly.
    He must have almost no sense of taste whether sweet or bitter. I'd call that major and rather sad.

Posted by: Rob West | Sep 28, 2011 12:02:59 PM

18. The more I watch this show the less respect I have for him. He doesn't eat vegetables, he spray tans with Snookie, he is awkward talking to the audience, he says he HATES being touched, he comes off like a prissy brat. This show isn't doing him any favors.

Posted by: FernLaPlante | Sep 28, 2011 12:16:31 PM

19. It's crazy how this talk show is able to take away any hotness, appeal & credibility he had, just like that, it's gone.

Posted by: Dano | Sep 28, 2011 12:18:13 PM

20. It's crazy how this talk show is able to take away any hotness, appeal & credibility he had is, just like that, it's gone.

Posted by: Dano | Sep 28, 2011 12:19:17 PM

21. On the show with Jerry Seifeld he had waffles for the first time! He didn't get it, why the need for waffles when pancakes are just fine, therefore he didn't like them. I couldn't handle dating someone like that, I'm pretty adventurous when I eat, especially when I travel. By the way, how does he eat when he travels?

Posted by: Craig | Sep 28, 2011 12:25:22 PM

22. Anderson is it not time to come out of the closet; I know you have somewhat; but really coming out will actually free you from a true burden.....and will help your ratings!

And to say you don't like slippery slimy things....that is a positive message for safe sex...good for you!

Posted by: Brains | Sep 28, 2011 12:46:41 PM

23. never got the anderson cooper thing. welcome to my world, people.

and no respect for anybody staying in the closet at this point. zilch

Posted by: gomez | Sep 28, 2011 12:50:44 PM

24. Gay men being particular about food?? No way!

Posted by: anon | Sep 28, 2011 1:17:28 PM

25. Andy will come out when his talk show tanks and needs a ratings boost. I'm sure a book and interview with Diane Sawyer will accompany the media blitz.

Posted by: grizabelle | Sep 28, 2011 1:26:33 PM