Vertigo in Moscow: VIDEO

Stalin2

Russians seem to like challenges that involve great heights without safety harnesses. Here, a young man climbs to the top of "Stalin's Skyscraper" near Red Gates in Moscow at sunset.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Previously...
Teens Scale 377-ft Moscow Bridge in Kiev, Without Harnesses [tr]

(via the daily what)

Moscow

Comments

1. That just made my hands sweat! Why did I just make myself watch that! HA!

Posted by: C.J. | Sep 22, 2011 12:10:47 PM

2. The photo alone makes me feel like I'm falling to the ground with needles hammered into my feet. That's some nutbaggery crazy! I can't help but wonder what the statistics are for the not-so vertically adept.

Posted by: ESA | Sep 22, 2011 12:20:56 PM

3. His poor mother.

Posted by: KennyL | Sep 22, 2011 12:29:56 PM

4. You're so right, KENNYL. When he got down to the ground his mother should have been there to beat the sh.t out of him with a bottle of Vodka.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Sep 22, 2011 12:37:58 PM

5. I guess he'll go back later to get his other glove.

Posted by: ljc | Sep 22, 2011 12:53:37 PM

6. I hope these videos don't become too popular because we'll inevitably then see more copycats from kids who are not as adept at climbing such heights and in time, some very tragic accidents.

Posted by: Tarun | Sep 22, 2011 12:55:30 PM

7. I couldn't watch the whole thing. What I did watch literally made me break out in a sweat and made me feel ill.

Posted by: Kevin | Sep 22, 2011 12:56:12 PM

8. Loved this juxtaposition:

"... a young man climbs to the top of "Stalin's Skyscraper" near Red Gates in Moscow at sunset.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP..."

Yikes! B-)

Posted by: fritzrth | Sep 22, 2011 1:10:32 PM

9. Yikes! When I was young I used to like to go the the observation tower in the Empire State Building after work sometimes because I like heights, but only when it's safe. LOL

Posted by: romeo | Sep 22, 2011 1:17:04 PM

10. Well, the videos are not likely to be posted online if they fall...

Posted by: anon | Sep 22, 2011 1:43:33 PM

11. why?

Posted by: Rob | Sep 22, 2011 2:07:52 PM

12. wow. I almost had a heart attack watching that

Posted by: Lucas | Sep 22, 2011 2:18:04 PM

13. These dudes can take all the risks they like with their own lives. Thing is, if they did fall, they could take out innocent people just going about their business on the ground.

Posted by: Jeff | Sep 22, 2011 2:45:06 PM

14. Didn't watch- didn't want to give it a hit. Andy ,I would argue that even posting this encourages copycats looking for attention by putting themselves in danger. This is happening in Russia because it's a lawless dead-end place full of desperate kids - watching them put themselves in danger is an irresponsible form of entertainment.

Posted by: Hank | Sep 22, 2011 2:46:07 PM

15. 24 story building & spire. 138 meters. The fisheye lens makes it look taller than it actually is. Still....

Posted by: KevinVT | Sep 22, 2011 3:42:04 PM

16. the crew who built that had lunch up there.

Posted by: andnowwhat | Sep 23, 2011 2:08:49 AM