News | YouTube

BigGayDeal.com

Life in a Day: VIDEO

Lifeinaday

Google writes:

On July 24, 2010, thousands of people around the world recorded videos of their lives to take part in Life in a Day, a cinematic experiment to document a single day on earth. From more than 4,500 hours of footage recorded and uploaded to YouTube, Oscar-winning director Kevin Macdonald and executive producer Ridley Scott created a 90-minute feature film that offers an entertaining, surprising and moving view of life on earth.

The full film is now available for viewing online. I've posted it AFTER THE JUMP, along with a segment I clipped to of various people talking about things that they fear. One man says he fears homosexuality. Many say they fear death.

Overall, it's a stunning document.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

The "fear" segment:

Here's the whole thing, from the beginning:

Comments

1. The boy coming out to his grandma over the phone at 0:58:00 is really touching!

Posted by: Luciano | Nov 1, 2011 3:10:33 PM

2. pretty sure the monkeys in the people masks will make a cameo in my nightmares tonight.

Posted by: Brian | Nov 1, 2011 3:39:08 PM

3. Interesting that of all the nightmares in the world...some choose to fear gays. A person that finds the same sex attractive is something to fear vs human hunger, changing climate, anything out of our control...yet homosexuality makes the list. What would be more appropriate then would be political and religious brain washing of the masses. I watched it in its entirety, the different cultures are so varied, I cant imagine what it would be like to grow up like some of them. I feel fortunate.

Posted by: Justin | Nov 1, 2011 4:30:49 PM

4. Instantly one of my favorite movies. Thank you very much for posting. All of it is masterfully done, but I was particularly moved by the woman at the conclusion who provided the perfect ending to a perfect day.

Posted by: justme | Nov 1, 2011 5:26:12 PM

5. Fascinating portrait of our complex world-the scariest sight to me was the crowd- I can't imagine been afraid of dogs- I use to be afraid of death but there are worse things than dying.

Posted by: jaragon | Nov 1, 2011 6:07:43 PM