Barack Obama | Jesus Christ | News | Oscar Ramiro Ortega-Hernandez

BigGayDeal.com

Man Charged with Attempt to Assassinate Obama Says He's the Second Coming of Christ: VIDEO

Video_ortega

Oscar Ramiro Ortega-Hernandez, the man who allegedly shot a bullet that struck a White House window and has been charged with the attempted assassination of Obama, made a video in which he says he is the second coming of JEsus Christ, CBS News reports:

In a 20-minute video posted by CBS Affiliate KBOI, Ortega-Hernandez claims to be the second coming of Christ, and talks about Nostradamus and receiving a "message thorough time."

"When I first saw that, there was no doubt in my mind that the message sent through time was solely for me," Ortega-Hernandez said.

The student who filmed the video, Ramon Bailey, told KBOI that he randomly met Ortega-Hernandez and was approached by him to film a "commercial." Bailey hesitated, but gave in when the phone calls wouldn't stop. The taping disturbed Bailey so much he never edited it and did not return Ortega-Hernandez's calls. Bailey has been subpoenaed to testify in front of a grand jury at a district court in Washington D.C. on November 22.

Watch the video, AFTER THE JUMP...

The WaPo adds: "Oscar Ramiro Ortega-Hernandez, who was charged Thursday with attempting to assassinate the president, had 'increasingly become more agitated against the federal government' in recent months, an FBI agent wrote in a court affidavit. Before leaving his home in Idaho Falls about a month ago and driving 1,800 miles to the nation’s capital, Ortega-Hernandez told acquaintances that he 'needed to kill' Obama and that he 'will not stop until it’s done,' Agent Chris Ormerod wrote, quoting those acquaintances."

Comments

1. In fairness to him (if you believe in such things) the chances that anyone would actually recognise 'the second coming' if it did happen, are pretty slim. Most fundies would think he was a lefty liberal hippy!

Posted by: Rovex | Nov 18, 2011 8:16:15 AM

2. Jesus wouldn't need to read from crib notes.

Sadly, he's another mentally ill man released to fend for himself on the streets thanks to men like Ronald Reagan. Of course we'll just deify prunes like that and take our chances with people like Oscar 'cause "that's how we roll!"

Posted by: Marc C | Nov 18, 2011 8:22:16 AM

3. A frightening mix of mental illness and religion.

Posted by: chad | Nov 18, 2011 8:26:47 AM

4. Oh my god, its Rasputin! The Romanovs really couldn't kill him, could they!

Posted by: NaughtyLola | Nov 18, 2011 8:30:52 AM

5. Sorry dude--it can't be you: we already have a slate of republican candidates who've beat you to the draw.

Posted by: Danny | Nov 18, 2011 8:42:29 AM

6. This guy. The Giffords shooter. Dozens others. Anyone tired of crazies being able to get assault weapons yet?

Posted by: tranquilo | Nov 18, 2011 8:42:51 AM

7. No mention of this guy being part of Occupy D.C. How odd. Yet Jared Loughner, who had nothing whatever to do with the Tea Party, or with the right -- his violence somehow worked an indictment of the whole right half of American politics. Hmmmmmm.

Posted by: Weird ... | Nov 18, 2011 8:44:05 AM

8. From The Washington Post:
    "Before Ortega-Hernandez was captured, investigators searched the Occupy D.C. campground near the White House but have found no connection between him and the Occupy protesters, according to three law enforcement officials familiar with the case."

So Weird, It looks like you're just another right-wing liar

Posted by: ELI | Nov 18, 2011 8:56:14 AM

9. Guess that answers the question "What would Jesus do?"

Posted by: Nicholas | Nov 18, 2011 9:13:48 AM

10. [thanks to men like Ronald Reagan]

Too simplistic.

It's true that funding for mental health care decreased under Reagan. It's also true that there was a concerted legal movement in the 1970s to enable the mentally incapacitated to exert more rights over their own destinies. And the cases brought on behalf of the mentally ill, and the legislation championed on their behalf, was supported by the civil rights movement, including many who would consider themselves of a leftward bent.

It this boy is as ill as he seems, where were his parents, family, friends, teachers, and neighbors? The village? And, given the laws of Idaho and wherever else he grew up, how difficult was it to obtain mental health care for him, including treatment for, possibly, schizophrenia?

Posted by: MT | Nov 18, 2011 9:29:49 AM

11. [Deinstitutionalization was based on the principle that severe mental illness should be treated in the least restrictive setting. As further defined by President Jimmy Carter's Commission on Mental Health, this ideology rested on "the objective of maintaining the greatest degree of freedom, self-determination, autonomy, dignity, and integrity of body, mind, and spirit for the individual while he or she participates in treatment or receives services."8 This is a laudable goal and for many, perhaps for the majority of those who are deinstitutionalized, it has been at least partially realized.

For a substantial minority, however, deinstitutionalization has been a psychiatric Titanic. Their lives are virtually devoid of "dignity" or "integrity of body, mind, and spirit." "Self-determination" often means merely that the person has a choice of soup kitchens. The "least restrictive setting" frequently turns out to be a cardboard box, a jail cell, or a terror-filled existence plagued by both real and imaginary enemies.]

Posted by: MT | Nov 18, 2011 9:35:47 AM

12. Oh look, he was a right winger Christian nut case and not connected to the Occupy movement or the left at all. Big surprise /sarcasm

Posted by: ravewulf | Nov 18, 2011 9:51:25 AM

13. Not connected to the Occupy Movement, but that didn't stop FOX NEWS this morning from declaring he had potential "ties to the Occupy movement" (by the time they said this, police and media were reporting those "potential" ties were not substantiated--didn't stop FOX) and actually, at one point, refered to him as the "Occupy Shooter."

(It's bizarre how last week the Occupy protesteres were crazy liberal Obama-loving hippies who aren't willing to get a job and who hate successful private citizenry, but now they're crazed would-be Obama assassins. I just hate that there are people who still believe that such blatant and dishonest ugliness is news.)

Posted by: AnonymousJack | Nov 18, 2011 10:20:38 AM

14. Guy kinda looks like Rasputin. Sure would be nice if humanity could toss that execrable religion called christianity onto the trash heap of history (along with judaism and islam).

Posted by: jamal49 | Nov 18, 2011 10:37:26 AM

15. He's cute, too bad he's crazy.

Posted by: jakeinlove | Nov 18, 2011 11:14:24 AM

16. I like the by-the-numbers textbook craziness. Attempted assassination as a charge is a flight of fancy, but the whole legal process will take so long, Obama will be done with his second term before it's resolved.

Posted by: anon | Nov 18, 2011 11:25:34 AM

17. Occupy San Diego held a moment of silence and solidarity for White House shooting suspect Oscar Ramiro Ortega-Hernandez.

Posted by: Inside | Nov 18, 2011 11:33:06 AM

18. How is this guy any different than others who claim that God speaks to them. All our current GOP Presidential candidates claim that God told them to run for President. How is that any different?

Posted by: daneilw | Nov 18, 2011 12:00:48 PM

19. Mental infirmities is nothing to be ashamed of. For some people it is even a blessing that shield and protects that person from a threat that no human can understand or resolve. For others it is a tool that God uses to keep a person sufficiently humble. Yet it is a label no one wants to have.
    I sometimes wonder if it is a disease at all or an intrusion of alien energies that cause erratic spiritual spells that because we do not understand we cannot control. It takes so much time to resolve that it also creates psychosomatic effects in the body of a person.
    I put it in this way. There are some people in the world today that are so special that makes me feel a little jealous. They are children of light. But there is a lot of unlighted energy that sees that light and does not comprehend it. So that unkind energy encircles that child of light inasmuch that it feeds from it. It leaves you so weak and disabled that it makes one so depressed. Sometimes these unkind energies are so intrusive that they invade a person and because a person does not know how to react it allows to be taken hostage. I believe that there are spirits that have passed away that have left this life full of needs and even vice. Some are carnal, some are sensual and some are even devilish.
    For instance, when a person dies it takes with him all the vices that he or she had while in life. The problem is the wants and needs of their vices are many times intensified. This is why dreams are at times so frighteninmg to some of us. A little serepnt or spdyer or any other insignificant creature is mostrously inntensified in dimensions ans aspect that you sometimes feel you are fighing the whole world or a grat mosnter or beast. This is a strong delusion. You are combining your feelings with an ontruder or someone elses' emotions.
    Because the dead have a body of spirit, they cannot smoke that cigarette, or drink that cup of coffee or satisfy that sexual urge. Then, what they do is that they find a host that is either clean or has similar appetites and they invades them with false perceptions so that they can overpower you. This is so they can at least pretend that they are doing the same things that they did when they are alive. What they want is to delude themselves thinking that they can drink, smoke or satisfy that fleshy feeling thay once had. And when you refuse then they get mad and they attack any way they can until they overpower the person.
    One has to understand that because we still have a body of flesh and bones that we are more powerful than them or any spiritual force and we have to make an effort to resist them. It is your spirit, your mind and your body against them. They do not have a chance gasints you regadless of how awful and fearful they are. One way to do help you is to mask the problem with psychotropic medications and another one is to take the bull by the horns and rebuke it. Become informed also. If medications make you more vulnerable then another way to support yourself must be found. And there ar emahy ways.
    One thing that I know helps is to command those energies, spirits or devils to depart in the name of Jesus Christ. Many people do this and it does not work, but it is because they only do it once. One should try at least three times with firm resolve and determination. Three times. After that they will leave, they do not have any choice because they are doing that is illegal whcihis invading your body. Tell them that God will punish them by doing it. Now, this is not all. Some of those spirits are rebelliou. They will come back with reinforcement’s worst than them. But there is a shield and a protection. One can begin to ask God with fervent prayer and supplication to keep those forces away and to send help from heaven or living angel on earth. God will not refuse no one, but one needs to be constant even when the night seems so dark; always remembering that when the night is the darkest, the morning is even closer. relief or succor will soon come. It may be a life long battle, but one day it will end and the more you fight the better you get at it. One day those forces will be even subservient to you. For when they realize that they cannot beat you, they will join you and give you aid in case lower or more intrusive energies try to apporac you.
    Many people think that because they have a mental infirmity they are evil or that by having this odd behavior towards one thing or the other they are uselless. Do not believe it. However, try to learn that most of it does not come from one self but from an exterior source. I know about these things because I have experienced them. Many people are so contaminated that they think there is no hope for them. But there is. A way has been provided for them to escape. And it is Prayer and supplication.
    I was Baker acted or taken once against my will to a psychiatric hospital because I told my friends that I had herd the voice of God. Nonetheless, before that could happen, I also had told them that I had a long conversation with the devil. They told me on the spot that I was possessed and also that I was crazy and things got complicated. The devil truly came and wanted told to do a work for him. It is written somewhere in one of my blogs.
    During that time, I was at the hospital for six days and I had no clue why I was there. I saw lots of ill people suffering from many odd mental problems. Some had anger management problems and hit themselves in the wall, others were depressed and others had other manic symptoms. I am a priest by vocation, I wanted to help them but I did not know how. I had never dealt with mentally challenged people before. And I guess God saw it appropriated to teach me by sending me to the psychiatric hospital. So, ebing in that predicament an unable to help mkyself, I begun to pray. And while I was seeking my own help. I also ask God that I wanted to know what these people were going through. I did not feel sick at all in any physical or mental way. Only strongly emotional as if I had a beningn spiritual inlfuence overshadowing me. In fact for me if felt like being invited to a wedding party that at first I did not want to attend. I was even taken there in a limousine that had red and blue lights on top. And the driver was a fine man and had a weapon. So I felt very secure. In other words, in the midst of crisis, I saw an opportunity to serve my fellows and glorify the name of God.
    But then. God told me to touch the people discretely with infirmities as they approached me. And that their infirmities will be instantly transferred to me. I did it and thereafter I never felt so miserable in my life. The dreams I had were terrible beyond measure. I was not scared at all, but I had s heightened sense of things that grabbed me. It also made me feel dirty. I never allowed them at the hospital to medicate me in any way that I know of, yet I never ceased to pray to be delivered by the power of faith. I put all my trust in Jesus Christ and in him alone. It came to pass that all the people left there before me and I ended up being diagnosed with schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, dementia and I do not know what else.
    Because the impressions were so great and I did not understand what was going on in my body and in my mind, I had to take treatment plan or else I would lose my freedom. Now I have found a way to be in control and not let those influences or spells overpower me. The effects of antipsychotics makes me more vulnerable, so I only use them in very speacil circumstaces. I use group therapy whenever possible, and try to eat healthy food or natural susbtances to keep my balance.
    There is no violence in me but my truth seemed threatening even to my own family. And when I go to church or meetings and see people sick I just touch them and take their evil spirits and infirmities with me. And what I do is that I preach to he spirits that get attached to me the gsopel of repentace until they believe or leave me alone. They fear me when I get on my knees and begin praying. I retribute the torment that they cause me by praying with all the strengh of my soul. They cannot stand it and they hate it. This is how I can help people that cannot help themselves. At first I was not so succesful. I am alway in defensive mode towards the living and the dead. Once I raise my voice in my defense and used unkind language, which being time and again taken out of context resulted in me being incarcerated for a moth of purported charges of domestic violence.
    By touching or allowing himself to be touched by those around him is how Jesus Christ took our sins, our pains and also our infirmities when he lived upon the earth. By knowing how sick and afflicted people felt he was able to assist them assertively. He showed me what to do and how to command and many more things that priests do that I cannot tell you now. But up to this day, some people look at me with derision, because I tell the truth as it is. I sometimes let my beard grow like the ancient wild prophets, but they also know that there is some power that they cannot understand that helps me stay afloat despite all adversity. The key is to trust Jesus Christ and exercise faiht in him.
    After all I am Michael the Archangel, the chief of all angels and the commander of nations. Laugh a little would you. There is no point in being CRAZY if you cannot make people laugh.
    Originally. When I wrote this article I was just answering a question and I was under the direct inspiration of God, not knowing beforehand that I was reaffirming the Holy Scriptures as they were plainly manifested. Hereafter are some references that may shed some light to all that I have written hoping that it may also reaffirm someone’s faith in the Christ and that I have said the truth.
    It is Written:

“For though I would desire to glory, I shall not be a fool; for I will say the truth: but now I forbear, lest any man should think of me above that which he seeth me to be, or that he heareth of me. And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure. For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.”

(New Testament 2 Corinthians 12:6 - 10)

“And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people. And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities.”

(Book of Mormon Alma 7:11 - 12)
    Glory be to God, for he shows to he children of men that he is the same yesterday today and forever, an unchangeable being filled with mercy toward all men and especially those that tremble at his power. If we trust in him, he will not only help us but run to succor us in times of peril. Our saviour Jesus Christ showed us the way and the prophets the path to follow.

I say all these things, for the Glory of God in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

Miguel Angel Tinoco Rodriguez

Posted by: Miguel Angel Tinoco Rodriguez | Nov 18, 2011 1:22:28 PM

20. Miguel Angel etc.,
    Wait. What?

Posted by: starquisha | Nov 18, 2011 4:10:53 PM

21. Once again we witness the logical conclusion of what Christians want to do to everyone they hate. Their crimes against humanity cannot be allowed to continue.

Posted by: Teron | Nov 18, 2011 6:34:56 PM

22. THIS PRESIDENT MUST R-E-A-L-L-Y BE IN TROUBLE IF HE HAS HISPANIC ENEMIES. THE BIRACIAL PRESIDENT IS SAFE. IF SOMEONE KILLS HIM, ALL OF THE HARD WORK CAUCASIANS HAVE PLACED INTO "RE-INVENTING" THEMSELVES WOULD BE "DOWN THE DRAIN."
    CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTON