Can a Hot Gay Robot Convince You to Love Yourself?

Adam

If you're going to make a short film about a hot gay robot, it might as well have a message.

This one does, AFTER THE JUMP...

Adam: Next Generation Robotics from Mike Buonaiuto on Vimeo.

Comments

1. Ummmm, well, I uhhh... What?

Posted by: Daniel | Nov 16, 2011 3:49:39 PM

2. yes, he's pretty - I don't get the movie.

Posted by: truthiness | Nov 16, 2011 4:04:14 PM

3. Prefer if he didn't shave his chest and instead wax his eyebrows.

Posted by: GLiberal | Nov 16, 2011 4:07:44 PM

4. Very funny response. Like it. :) For more information on the project visit www.MikeB.co.nr

Posted by: Mike Buonaiuto | Nov 16, 2011 4:08:51 PM

5. Interesting..waiting till he's available at Toys R' Us!

Posted by: bilikeme | Nov 16, 2011 4:09:48 PM

6. When can I get this at the"Build-a-Boy" workshop?

Posted by: RonTEX | Nov 16, 2011 4:20:02 PM

7. This is no robot. He's a living convection.

Posted by: uffda | Nov 16, 2011 4:28:15 PM

8. gliberal

HELL NO!

His eyebrows are great

unless you do drag performances then men should leave their eyebrows alone

Posted by: say what | Nov 16, 2011 4:31:57 PM

9. Nice.

Posted by: Matt26 | Nov 16, 2011 4:56:04 PM

10. Very pretty boy; love his bushy eyebrows.

Posted by: jaragon | Nov 16, 2011 5:20:07 PM

11. the clip is generating vapid comments because it is a vapid bit of "art."

shots of a cute guy and some supers, even in japanese, do not make a short film. they do not even make a story. the director tells the reader what to think and how to respond rather than showing a situation and allowing the audience to think for itself.

making a film of somebody ordering his pleasure bot and dictating how he wants his lover to respond would have at least been a story and allow the viewer some chance of discovery. or better still: a man criticizing the physical and EMOTIONAL performance of his lover and that lover adjusting for every insulting and dehumanizing comment because he is a robot.

story, action and character make a film. this is just a very arty, bi-lingual power point.

Posted by: eric | Nov 16, 2011 5:25:15 PM

12. 1. The language used is Chinese, not Japanese.
    2. It's not so much a "short film" as it is more like a PSA (public service announcement).
    3. The meaning is pretty obvious, even if the actual wording is awkward. It's just a message encouraging people to live and love openly. Unlike robots, we have emotions and free will.
    4. Can't say the styling/props were all that well executed.
    5. The guy is SUPER cute. And yes, I *love* those eyebrows. ^.^

Posted by: atomic | Nov 16, 2011 5:55:07 PM

13. Hmmm...browsing through the vimeo account it looks like this is intended to be a trailer for an upcoming short film. Might be interesting, if the production values and acting are good. We'll see.

Posted by: atomic | Nov 16, 2011 5:58:42 PM

14. chinese. thank you.

i sure hope this is just a trailer, because the idea has potential.

Posted by: eric | Nov 16, 2011 6:17:56 PM

15. It's a teaser trailer in more ways than one of course in order to sensor a robot (or in this case a sex toy android) all you would have to do is program it- in Asimov's Three Laws of Robotics- it never mentions anything about the machines sex partner potential.

Posted by: jaragon | Nov 16, 2011 6:31:10 PM

16. oh wow. Am I the only one who thought this was a PSA for anti-domestic abuse? Did I miss by that much!?

Posted by: david | Nov 16, 2011 6:54:45 PM

17. i am such a size queen for eyebrows.

Posted by: Joe | Nov 16, 2011 7:06:29 PM

18. REALLY? Are we to believe someone would build a robot with those jacked up teeth?

Posted by: Kyle | Nov 16, 2011 8:17:32 PM

19. Weird Science!

Posted by: Glenn I | Nov 16, 2011 8:56:53 PM

20. Weird science? Strapping the circuit board of a transistor radio to your arm pit with a rubber band is hardly science, but it is weird.

Posted by: gwyneth cornrow | Nov 16, 2011 9:34:02 PM

21. I liked it, Very good work, Thanks, Mike

Posted by: Glennn | Nov 16, 2011 10:29:39 PM

22. So WHERE in the hell is the "hot gay robot????? ALl I see is some pale skinny dork....

Posted by: Shannon | Nov 16, 2011 11:52:13 PM

23. A robot with five o'clock shadow?

Posted by: TomTallis | Nov 17, 2011 1:03:18 AM

24. To the multiple people with eyebrow and teeth comments...you're bunch of idiots. He doesn't need to change ANYTHING.

Posted by: Lee Keels | Nov 17, 2011 1:39:17 AM

25. I would not complain if I got one for Christmas, and I'm Jewish! However... I would have get a robot cat for my own cat, because she controls who sleeps in my bed... or should I say her bed! She has me well trained.

Posted by: Jerry Pritikin aka The Bleacher Preacher | Nov 17, 2011 2:29:36 AM