Bryan Singer | Film | News | Nicholas Hoult

'Jack and the Beanstalk' Gets a Bryan Singer Facelift: TRAILER

Jack

And the very chiseled face of Nicholas Hoult.

Check out the trailer for Singer's Jack the Giant Killer, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. 1) I love Nicholas Holt!
    2) This looks awesome, go Bryan Singer!

Posted by: DRG | Dec 16, 2011 11:01:31 AM

2. Jack And The Beanstalk???
    I hope this isn't a precursor of what 2012 cinema...

Posted by: jakeinlove | Dec 16, 2011 11:02:02 AM

3. This looks hot!

Posted by: Top to Bottom | Dec 16, 2011 11:03:03 AM

4. Sorta ridiculous. If they can make a movie out of this story they can make a movie out of the phone book.

Posted by: Chip | Dec 16, 2011 11:04:29 AM

5. I guess fairy tale is the new vampire. I blame True Blood.

Posted by: gaylib | Dec 16, 2011 11:19:59 AM

6. This is shaping up to be the year of dark fairy tale adaptations, what with this and "Snow White and the Huntsman" and television series such as "Grimm" and "Once Upon a Time." Thank Joss the vampire fad is dying...I just worry about how long we have to put up with this one.

Posted by: Keith | Dec 16, 2011 11:25:04 AM

7. That's the boy from About a Boy?

Posted by: Guest | Dec 16, 2011 11:27:29 AM

8. Spielberg face!

Posted by: Patrick Wellington III | Dec 16, 2011 11:30:46 AM

9. I can't wait for this one to hit! Bryan Singer is an incredible talented gay man and director. This movie looks fabulous! BTW, did you know that Sean Hayes (Just Jack!) is the producer of Grimm?

Posted by: OS2Guy | Dec 16, 2011 11:36:41 AM

10. I love Nicolas Hoult. He's so handsome. I loved him in A Single Man...

Posted by: G.I. Joe | Dec 16, 2011 11:46:36 AM

11. @chip. no imagination, huh. wah.

Posted by: gomez | Dec 16, 2011 12:25:06 PM

12. It may be the year of Grimm fairy tales (heheh, a half dozen or so dark takes on The Wizard of Oz are in the offing, in addition to those named above) - but I could think of worse fads. If a trio or so of these are good, that will be enough. For every fad, there are a handful of successes and a cesspool of failures. The successes will live on and the failures will be forgotten. And so it goes.

(And Nicholas Hoult is a cutie, and Bryan Singer is a gifted director. Not everyone likes all his stuff, but I like the vast majority of it.)

Posted by: Zlick | Dec 16, 2011 1:00:35 PM

13. This is a remake of the 1962 film which was meant as a ripoff of "7th Voyage of Sinbad", they even hired many of the same actors for the film. They also made that 1962 film into musical (no really) version. So with all that said, this looks pretty good no matter how it is!

Posted by: Vincent-louis Apruzzese | Dec 16, 2011 1:06:42 PM

14. Killing killing killing. Is it any wonder the kids kill with such skill. I must go and take notes.

Posted by: Sargon Bighorn | Dec 16, 2011 1:22:20 PM

15. As always Bryan Singer has good taste with the actors he caters for his movies.

Posted by: Lexxvs | Dec 16, 2011 3:36:54 PM

16. It looks impressive and obviously Singer knows how to cast pretty male starlet in the lead

Posted by: jaragon | Dec 16, 2011 9:05:32 PM