News: Ty-Lor Boring, Maryland, Focus on the Family, Mariela Castro

RoadRussia suggests U.S. sabotaged Mars probe.

RoadPOLL: Marylanders split on same-sex marriage. "Forty-nine percent favor allowing gay nuptials, and 47 percent oppose it. O'Malley is expected to introduce a bill legalizing gay marriage next week. Should it pass in the General Assembly, most believe it will be petitioned to referendum and put to the voters on the November ballot."

Ty-lorRoadGay Top Chef contestant Ty-lor Boring to open pop-up restaurant in New York City.

RoadMark Wahlberg says he would have stopped the 9/11 terrorists on Flight 93: "If I was on that plane with my kids, it wouldn’t have went down like it did. There would have been a lot of blood in that first-class cabin and then me saying, 'OK, we’re going to land somewhere safely, don’t worry.'"

RoadGay couples denied marriage licenses in South Carolina.

RoadOne million signatures filed to recall Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker.

RoadRyan Phillippe joining cast of Damages.

RoadFocus on the Family's position statement on civil unions and domestic partnerships: "The articulated goal of the homosexual‐bisexual‐transgender advocacy movement is same‐sex marriage. In the meantime, it has been clearly stated that Civil Unions and Domestic Partnerships are stepping stones to that end. Given the goal of redefining marriage, Focus on the Family opposes the legal creation of Civil Unions and Domestic Partnerships as counterfeit policy attempts to imitate marriage. We further do not support the creation of special categories of rights based on sexual expression or gender identity."

RoadMcSteamy Eric Dane in a music video from Kojak's daughter.

RoadDaniel Radcliffe reveals the 2012 BAFTA nominations!

OutnphRoadNeil Patrick Harris writes for OUT about falling in love with David Burtka. "I remember being in my mid-twenties, lying in bed thinking, I’ve never taken a shower with anyone before; I’ve never had any kind of long-term relationship. I remember thinking that the rest of my life would be solo. I wasn’t weepy when I thought that -- it was just a realization that I had gone this long being self-sufficient."

RoadThink Progress LGBT: Romney's gay rights past.

RoadEyes on Honduras under recent State Department LGBT rights memorandum: "We are in a deplorable state," Hernandez said of homosexuals in Honduras. "When we walk the streets, people shout insults at us and throw rocks. Parents move their children away."

RoadNothing more invigorating than being awakened in the middle of your transatlantic flight and told that you're going to die.

RoadVIDEO: Real Atlanta Housewife Nene Leakes makes acting debut on Glee.

RoadWill Adele perform at the Grammys?

PoliceRoadSevered head found on hiking trail near Hollywood sign.

RoadREPORT: Police 'hunt down' transgender people for fun in Kuwait. “The law has been a huge enabling factor to arrest and abuse members of the transgender. It is like giving a green light to authorities, not only to police but even members of society, to arrest and torture transgender persons and use force and impunity against them.”

RoadMariela Castro says Cuban lawmakers will consider legalizing civil unions: "Mariela Castro is the daughter of President Raul Castro and a prominent gay rights activist. She says a preliminary proposal to modify the country’s Family Code is undergoing legal study and is on the legislative schedule for 2012."

RoadMichigan Governor Rick Snyder refuses to discuss LGBT issues: “The Governor represents and works on behalf of all Michigan residents and he’s ignoring a significant portion of the population,” said Michael Gregor, communications director for Equality Michigan. “He is accountable to LGBT voters, who have a stake in Michigan’s success but are also deeply concerned about how the government treats their families. Ignoring the media that represents particular groups of constituents is an irresponsible way to govern.”

Comments

1. I, for one, am heartily sorry that Marky Mark wasn't on Flight 93 on that fateful day.

Posted by: Keppler | Jan 18, 2012 4:22:18 PM

2. Keppler I can not agree with you more. He is an insult to every person who was on those flights that day as well as the families left behind. I have no doubt he would have wet his pants and cried if he had actually been faced with that situation. Usually those that mouth off the loudest are the ones who have no real courage or dignity to speak of when the chips are down.

Posted by: ormedic | Jan 18, 2012 4:49:42 PM

3. Ty-Lor and "pop-up" are a good combination.

Posted by: Glenn | Jan 18, 2012 5:03:15 PM

4. I've been waiting all morning for you to do something on the NPH-Burtka interview over at OUT and disappointed that you chose to include it in a quick listing of items and issues rather then its own separate piece. Now I'm just happy to see it acknowledged here. HuffPro has done it up nicely and the comments are pages long now.

I used to complain publicly that David and Neil never displayed any publicly intimacy. After all, these are two of the most well-known openly gay "married" couples we have in the gay community and there was never a bit of hand holding or outright kissing. Now with children they are much more comfortable with themselves and with us watching them. I totally adore the two of them. We couldn't have a better couple of role models and I look forward to seeing them, and the children, much more often. Kudos to them for stepping out publicly. Great photos.

Posted by: OS2Guy | Jan 18, 2012 5:16:10 PM

5. Marky Mark should not open his mouth unless he is reading from a script... Mr Dane is very very sexy...Cuba should grant it's citizen some basic rights...of course they seem to be more civilized than the rest of Latin America when it comes to homosexuals

Posted by: jaragon | Jan 18, 2012 5:40:57 PM

6. If Mark Wahlberg's EGO could fight, it would have been all over those terrorists like Godzilla on Tokyo!

Posted by: Caliban | Jan 18, 2012 5:59:35 PM

7. Walberg has already issued an apology. Wonder why. Maybe because he denigrated every pilot, flight attendant and passenger on that plane.

Posted by: Mark | Jan 18, 2012 6:22:37 PM

8. I hope NPH and David continue to be positive role models. Their commitment to each other and their children is FAR better those annoying "It Gets Better" videos.

Posted by: Franko | Jan 18, 2012 7:22:12 PM

9. I remember inviting somebody to shower together after we'd had an hour of playtime. He told me he'd been in a longterm relationship that ended a year earlier and NOT ONCE had he done that, nor with anybody preceding that and after. It's very sad that people miss out on simple and pleasurable intimacies. NPH used that as an example of his loneliness, and that's a humble, true, human way to express it. Best to him and David and their family!

Posted by: gregory brown | Jan 18, 2012 9:02:08 PM

10. @ FRANKO: Great job ruining your own comment.

Posted by: David R. | Jan 18, 2012 9:57:40 PM

11. Franko@ you didn't ruin anything. David R. contributed nothing. And you're right, NPH and David are powerful examples of just how much better it can get. Their example is thrilling.

Posted by: uffda | Jan 19, 2012 1:05:19 AM

12. uffda: So you're saying the it gets better videos DO work?... Ha!

Posted by: B | Jan 19, 2012 2:21:25 AM

13. Dorky Dork is an idiot, if only he'd go away! Gee, I wonder what Tebow thinks of Focus on the Family's statement.

Posted by: Ana B. | Jan 19, 2012 6:29:54 PM

14. OK Lil 5.2 Mc marc Walberg carefull lil one what would you do bust out some rap song oooh im so scared no really lil'peeps scare the crap outa me

Posted by: Super Pablo | Jan 22, 2012 10:33:05 AM