News: Penguins, Karl Lagerfeld, Cape Town, Don Bivens, Smash

RoadToronto gay penguins Buddy and Pedro raising eggs?

RoadWashington Post: Obama should issue executive order banning anti-LGBT discrimination.

Dejardin_clooneyRoadA tender moment between two Oscar nominees.

RoadKarl Lagerfeld: Adele's a little too fat.

RoadChris Cooper, Dianne Wiest, and Ewan McGregor shoot The Corrections in NYC.

RoadVoto Catolico urges Mexican Catholics to vote against gays. Our tipster writes: "The website is full with anti-gay propaganda among other things, most definitely run by a hate group, it is really disturbing, specially because is made by Latin people living in the US mostly in California, (according to the website) which probably makes it illegal. Also they are using the Guadalupe virgin in their adds, which not only is really offensive but once again illegal, in Mexican law, as religion is banned from political propaganda.

RoadNathaniel Rogers puts in his review of NBC's Smash.

RoadZachary Quinto and Jonathan Groff have a brunch date.

PaintersRoadNYC painters get up close with Beckham.

RoadArizona Senate candidate Don Bivens includes marriage equality in platform: "I'm in favor of full marriage equality. I think it's an issue we need to talk about. As a civil institution, marriage should be equal for everybody. It's a matter, frankly, of fundamental fairness. We can't have laws of any kind that treat people separately when they actually are the same."

Road739: The number of times Joan Rivers has gone under the knife. "Every weekend I just go in and I do something new. I get a 10th one free. It’s a little like coffee you just keep going."

RoadA RuPaul mixtape.

RoadArchbishop of York gets racist emails following comments opposing same-sex marriage: "Dr John Sentamu said in the Daily Telegraph that marriage must remain between a man and a woman. The archbishop's office said he had received a 'small number of abusive and threatening emails of a racist nature' and had reported them to police. North Yorkshire Police said the abuse was being treated as a hate crime."

RoadMax Greenfield strips down for New Girl.

RoadPHOTOS: Obama launches Marshmallow Cannon.

WelchRoadFlorence Green, last remaining WWI vet, dies in her sleep at 110.

RoadGay beauty pageant makes waves in Namibia: "Winning the Mr Gay Namibia title has brought the topic about gays and the whole (gay) community more into the open and I received congratulations from all sectors, also straight people — it was like a breakthrough."

RoadVIDEO: New Mexicans rally against homophobic megachurch pastor.

RoadLGBT and pro-immigration activists confront Michigan state Rep. Dave Agema about anti-gay policies.

RoadCape Town gay nightclub owner found strangled: "The 50-year-old man owned one of the top gay nightclubs in Green Point. He was apparently found by his domestic worker on Tuesday morning.  Friends of the Cape Town man expressed their shock following his death and one said the club owner was apparently being harassed by someone."

Comments

1. Axl Rose? And why is a screeching homophobe's 50th birthday worthy of note here?

Better to have noted Rick Astley turning 46 the same day -- at least he appreciates his gay fans. And is a lot sexier, in my book (cue laughter, but hey, we all have our opinion).

Posted by: Lance | Feb 7, 2012 3:33:39 PM

2. *tips his hat to Ms. Green*

enjoy a well-earned rest, good lady.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Feb 7, 2012 3:43:21 PM

3. Jean Dejarin has charisma. Rare in Hollywood these days.

Posted by: Matt26 | Feb 7, 2012 3:55:32 PM

4. and Karl Lagerfeld is old and ugly and designs very commonplace clothing; so what else is new...

Posted by: mike/ | Feb 7, 2012 4:14:15 PM

5. Karl Lagerfeld looks like death warmed over.

Posted by: Jack M | Feb 7, 2012 4:30:29 PM

6. Little KIWI - how very sweet of you to acknowledge Ms. Green. MARY needs to see this, I really really hope she does.

Posted by: uffda | Feb 7, 2012 5:03:58 PM

7. I'm pretty sure that you mean "...order banning LGBT discrimination." Having the "anti-" makes it a double negative

Posted by: Paul R | Feb 7, 2012 6:38:27 PM

8. Little KIWI - how very sweet of you to acknowledge Ms. Green. MARY needs to see this, I really really hope she does.

Yes, UFDA I saw it. And it was beautiful. He DOES have good in him. And I hope Kiwi saw my post today saying that I think gay couples should be allowed to adopt children. But even if he did it won't do me any good. I'd have to have a full public conversion , donate money to Freedom to Marry, become a minister of the United Church of Canada and perform gay weddings, and issue a "mea culpa" on Towleroad. Even then he'd probably say "What do you expect? Applause?"

Posted by: Mary | Feb 7, 2012 7:11:02 PM

9. Mary...good, I'm glad. No, he'd probably say, "Too late you're still going to die alone and unloved." When he loses his temper he's as stupid as a firecracker. Still, as full of good as he is of nonsense.

Of course I don't like that you oppose marriage equality either, but jeeze I'm not going to suggest you put your head in a gas oven and never recover!

Posted by: uffda | Feb 7, 2012 11:10:42 PM

10. Toronto's gay penguins Buddy and Pedro have clearly freely chosen to be gay in opposition to the laws of god as found in the "holy" bible. Are there no Ex-gay penguin organizations that can lead these misguided sinners to salvation?

Posted by: jack | Feb 8, 2012 2:34:27 AM

11. "Brokeback Penguin" - coming to an ocean near you soon!

Posted by: Mary | Feb 8, 2012 12:51:25 PM