Gay Marriage | New Jersey | News | Washington

BigGayDeal.com

Washington Governor Gregoire Says She'll Lobby NJ Governor Chris Christie on Marriage Equality: AUDIO

Gregoire

Washington Governor Chris Gregoire, who will be signing Washington's marriage equality bill on Monday, discusses the response she has received and a potential voter referendum on the measure, Think Progress reports.

She also says she'll lobby New Jersey Governor Chris Christie, who has said he plans to veto a similar measure in his state.

Said Gregoire: "I have worked with him on a number of issues, so yea, I would feel very comfortable sharing with him, my personal journey the overwhelming response that I’ve received and how good I feel about myself today and I have not felt good about this issue and about where I stood for a number of years."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. She is just amazing and deserves heartfelt thanks. BTW...anyone else having trouble seeing the main Towleroad page?--or is it just me.

Posted by: Geoff M | Feb 10, 2012 10:01:19 PM

2. She should offer him a donut.

Posted by: JONNY NYNY2FLFL | Feb 10, 2012 10:06:31 PM

3. Geoff, she is amazing and Yes, I can't seem to load the main page either!

Posted by: Warren | Feb 10, 2012 10:55:32 PM

4. Thanks Warren, I updated my browser and still can't see the main page!

Posted by: Geoff M | Feb 10, 2012 11:48:41 PM

5. SHE'S A HERO! .... (also had some main page issues but back now.)

Posted by: ROBERT BAKER | Feb 11, 2012 12:24:54 AM

6. I suppose she knows what to do when dealing with Chris Christie, always walk with food.

Posted by: NY2.0 | Feb 11, 2012 1:41:21 AM

7. I have trouble believing that she'll have influence on a Repub governor. That's just basic fact. He will always pander to his base.

Posted by: Paul R | Feb 11, 2012 3:00:09 AM

8. She is indeed a heroine! Good luck, Governor Gregoire with Christie! The man panders to fear mongers, primarily the religious bigots whose leader is the shill for the Roman cult, ergo NOM.

Posted by: Robert in NYC | Feb 11, 2012 7:39:32 AM

9. How great to see a good advocate getting even better. She may not get far with Christie, but if every supporter spoke out as strongly and articulately as she has been the past few months, we'd be reaching our goals a lot faster.

And I thought i was the only one having trouble loading the page! I only get the ads haha. And have to click on the links at the bottom of the page to see anything.

Posted by: Ernie | Feb 11, 2012 10:02:39 AM

10. a TRUE leader

Posted by: r | Feb 11, 2012 11:55:48 AM

11. the only way she will influence Blimpy is if she brings about 100 hamburgers with her as a bribe.

That fat meathead isn't going to change his tune anytime soon.

Posted by: B-rod | Feb 11, 2012 12:31:47 PM

12. i don't get the opening page it has been 3 days like that

Posted by: tom | Feb 11, 2012 1:43:07 PM

13. Gawd, he looks like a huge toad in an oxford shirt.

He's in danger of becoming as wide as he is tall.

I hope his health insurance rates are exorbitant.

Posted by: seattlecpd | Feb 16, 2012 2:40:09 AM

14. I live in NJ, and in the same town as Christie, but I do not agree with Christie on anything other than best pizza takeout. That said, I don't believe his actions are based on pandering to the right as much as they reflect his beliefs as a Catholic. I personally think the church is evil, but Christie buys their brand of religiosity. It's the same way I felt about Reagan - I thought he was an idiot, but a sincere idiot.

Posted by: John | Feb 16, 2012 8:33:16 AM