Here's Madonna's New Single 'Girl Gone Wild': VIDEO

Cover_ggw

Madonna released her new single "Girl Gone Wild" via its lyric video today on VEVO. Above, the single's cover art.

Watch it, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Auto-tune much?

Posted by: Christopher | Feb 27, 2012 12:37:02 PM

2. Way better than that cheerleading crap... but still a far cry from the likes of "Frozen" or "Like a Prayer."

Does anyone know who the producer on this track is? I'm still optimistic that there's going to be some William Orbit brilliance on this album.

Posted by: endo | Feb 27, 2012 12:38:06 PM

3. Sorta bland. Again.

Posted by: Mike M. | Feb 27, 2012 12:42:47 PM

4. Endo> i believe all the Electro stuff is Martin Solveig as the producer .. yeah im waiting on William Orbit myself.... but this is better than first single.......

Posted by: miss_h | Feb 27, 2012 12:44:16 PM

5. I am done with her. I hope she sits on a toilet and gets stuck.

Posted by: justin | Feb 27, 2012 12:44:56 PM

6. Martin Solveig and William Orbit did tracks on the album, but this one was done by Benny Benassi -- it is very Benassi-by-the-numbers (sounds just like his Celebration remix and... every other song he has done in the past few years).

Posted by: Scott | Feb 27, 2012 12:51:11 PM

7. It's Benassi

Posted by: Mark | Feb 27, 2012 1:00:21 PM

8. Now this is EXACTLY the kind of floaty trippy dance/trance that Madonna rocks. I really like this and it's an anti-dote to the retro-cheerleading thing.

Posted by: yonquersconquers | Feb 27, 2012 1:11:20 PM

9. I can't say I understand the negativity here, guys. Not Madonna's most innovative work, but the vibe running through this track feels infectious to me. A powerful dancefloor anthem. Hopefully a big hit.. Did you all try listening to the full track with its confesssional intro? Lots of nostalgia in this for me, a long time fan:

Maybe thats what the whole MDNA album is supposed to be... a modern take on Madonna's classic sound and style.. one foot in the past, one in the future???? hmmm.

Posted by: Chaddy | Feb 27, 2012 1:12:27 PM

10. Wow it is great. I don't even like madonna. I am sure lady gaga fans will go full force to attack it after listening to it now that they are seriously threatened.

Posted by: John jones | Feb 27, 2012 1:14:33 PM

11. Uh... didn't she have a movie coming out?

Posted by: JimmyD | Feb 27, 2012 1:14:58 PM

12. Old saggy queens still stuck on "Like a Prayer" dudes the world moves forward either you move with or get stuck...it seems most of you got stuck! THIS IS GOING TO BE AN EPIC ALBUM AND IM READY TO DANCE AND HAVE A GOOD TIME...That's what music is for. YOu got a bad comment? choke on it.

Posted by: Bosie | Feb 27, 2012 1:16:14 PM

13. Good idea to move to another single quick. First single was not a wise move and is dropping fast. Unfortunately this does not sound better. Where is the Orbit stuff?

Posted by: brutus | Feb 27, 2012 1:19:18 PM

14. It sounds like a phoned in dance track. I actually liked the first one better but it's hard to predict what will be a hit. A lot of what gets played sounds like a phoned in dance pop. But I do love her artwork so far for this album.

Posted by: IAN F | Feb 27, 2012 1:32:26 PM

15. For a track titled "Girl Gone Wild," Madge sounds awfully bored.

Posted by: theo | Feb 27, 2012 1:36:40 PM

16. I'm a Madonna fan, but I've heard this song before (years ago) and the lyrics are just bad. Can you bop to it? Yup. Do you feel bad about doing so? Yup. Not impressed.

Posted by: Tarc | Feb 27, 2012 1:39:11 PM

17. Snoozefest.

Posted by: Munro | Feb 27, 2012 1:52:44 PM

18. For a song with the word "wild" in the title this is so boring and completely forgettable. I haven't LOVED an album Madonna's put out since Confessions On A Dance Floor, so, judge me how you will.

Can we talk about that cover though? It's so photoshopped you can barely even tell it's Madonna!

Posted by: Apparatus | Feb 27, 2012 1:58:04 PM

19. Girls they just wanna have fun? Um, Cyndi Lauper called from 1983: "It feels reductive."

Posted by: JCMS | Feb 27, 2012 2:01:50 PM

20. @Apparatus: Either photoshopped or 20 years old. She still looks great and obviously works out nonstop, but there is a limit to the body of someone her age.

And yes, that is clearly not her voice from this decade either. It's like when she came out and everyone said that she sounded like Minnie Mouse on helium.

Posted by: Paul R | Feb 27, 2012 2:05:40 PM

21. it's rubbish. like everything else she's released in the last 20 years

Posted by: DanSwon | Feb 27, 2012 2:22:50 PM

22. I didn't know Valerie Cherish released a single!

Posted by: RJ | Feb 27, 2012 2:26:08 PM

23. Is this music and singing? Oh dear.
    If Madonna is going to perform this kind of stuff on her new tour, people will be disappointed.

Posted by: Matt26 | Feb 27, 2012 2:34:49 PM

24. "Girl Gone Photoshop"

I like it tho. Better than the last single.

Posted by: EO | Feb 27, 2012 2:40:52 PM

25. I am so disappointed. This is such a mediocre dance track. What the hell Madge??

Posted by: Will | Feb 27, 2012 2:44:17 PM