Comments

1. Stephen S says

Why has nothing been said about Jack in the Box – which implies that a man can marry bacon. Isn’t that what marriage opponents are saying about gay marriage.

2. Chadd says

As a massage therapist, I just have to vent my pet peeve: The ad says that the reinvented police officer is also a “masseuse”. Male massage therapists are masseurs, only females are masseuses. Besides that, the terms masseur/masseuse are going the way of “stewardess” and “waitress” (flight attendant and server). I’m not trying to be overly PC and don’t mind being called a masseur, but at least Toyota could have gotten the gender right on an outdated term.

3. TJ says

I suspect the smart retailes will provide multiple styles to suit varying tastes, J. I’m sure their showroom will have the overstuffed sofa you prefer. And Lazboy is sure to offer a big, plush recliner. With drink holders and a large adjusting lever.

4. G.I. Joe says

I think it’s more a nod to EVERYONE who prefers men (gay men and women). Let’s not be too self involved.

As for the ad, it’s my favorite superbowl ad. I watched it three times, and it made me laugh outloud.

5. Bobby says

That was by far my favorite commercial, specifically for the guy’s expression after seeing the male couch. My jaw dropped and all I could think was, “Yes, they actually went there! And during the Super Bowl no less!”

6. Luis says

I agree with Chadd: as a massage therapist, it’s also my pet peeve when people call me or other male therapists “masseuse.” That’s a woman massage therapist.

7. Andalusian Dog says

The couch gag was pretty funny. The “this is the reinvented baby; it doesn’t poop. It is also a time machine.” line got me laughing though.

8. Andalusian Dog says

PS I’ve watched it now a few times. The acting is pretty incredible throughout, too. I mean, really really good comic acting, great directing. They nailed it. Hats off to them!

9. Rin says

None of those guys do it for me. They look twinkie or something. I dunno, then the one in the middle has bigger boobs than I do.

Give me Chris Hemsworth any day of the mofo week.

10. Paul R says

The third guy looks spookily like one of my brothers or me.

Yes, they aren’t bears, but they are not twinks. There are other body types. It was well done.

11. jack says

As proof that gay guys don’t miss a trick, no pun intended, Endo points out that the guy on the far right has the perfect arch. Even so i am kind of partial to the guy right in the middle. I am a sucker for a guy with a tan and those pecs don’t hurt.