Chick-fil-A | Drag Queens | Music | Music Video | News | Willam

Drag Queen Willam Reveals How Chick-Fil-A Parody Came About

Willam

Drag queen Willam Belli (center) talks to EW about the Chick-Fil-A Wilson Phillips parody that went viral yesterday and how the video came about:

"Well, I wasn’t a big Chick-fil-A fan, I guess, I never really knew about them because I’m from Philly and they don’t have them there. I was eating there with my girlfriends and they were telling me how [they support anti-gay organizations]. I was like, “Oh that sucks about the gay thing.” And then, I got diarrhea from it, so I was like, 'F— this, I’m gonna write a song.' The fact that they come after gay people, let me come for you. The worst endorsement for a Christian chicken eatery is three drag queens. So it’s like, 'Alright, alright, boo.' In reality, I just wanted to wear a bobbed wig."

Willam also talks about the events that went down (spoilers) on last night's Drag Race.

You may have missed...
Drag Queens 'Chow Down' at Chick-Fil-A in Wilson Phillips Spoof: VIDEO [tr]

Comments

1. He is funny when he guests on Jonny Mcgoverns podcast. I haven't watched drag race. I must admit he is a little aggressive, but I like a fem guy who is happy to be himself. Work Willem!

Posted by: cdubois | Mar 20, 2012 1:31:49 PM

2. I beg to differ - Philadelphia certainly has Chick-Fil-A. How long has she been gone?

Posted by: Brian | Mar 20, 2012 1:55:40 PM

3. Not since Shangela have I been so happy to see someone go home on Drag Race. Much as I hate to admit Phi Phi is right about anything, Willam's only talent appears to be shopping like Carrie Bradshaw, which is about as interesting as peeling paint.

Posted by: ChristopherM | Mar 20, 2012 1:57:13 PM

4. I am actually upset at those girls for another reason: I've had that damn Wilson Phillips song in my head for 2 days now!

Posted by: zeddy | Mar 20, 2012 2:28:31 PM

5. He can be bitchy but n where near as bad as phi phi. Funny how untalented he is yet he won the cabaret act.

Posted by: oousslander | Mar 20, 2012 3:09:01 PM

6. Willam is one of my faves from this season. He plays dumb and bitchy so well, but you can tell he's a smart cookie. He playfully tossed some shade here and there, but mostly he was nice (or at least polite) to the other girls. He may not be the prettiest face (handsome as a man, but his SICKENING body eclipsed it in drag), but he has poise, drive, wit and talent FA DAZE.

Phi Phi just wants to kai kai so badly, it's transparent and ridiculous. Hope she (and her half-open eye) are the next to get booted.

Posted by: CHRISTOPHER | Mar 20, 2012 5:57:41 PM

7. TIRED! This he's a big star, or Paris Hilton, bit just simply boring. Glad he's out. Next!

Posted by: Bosie | Mar 20, 2012 7:42:32 PM