BigGayDeal.com

News: High Line, Denton Everett, Trump Kills, Blood Donation

RoadDesigns for the third section of NYC's High Line park have been unveiled.

EverettRoadGCB's gay lover Denton Everett speaks. "I read four times before landing Booth, driving back and forth from Oklahoma City and Dallas, where we shot the pilot. What's funny is that when we got picked up after shooting the pilot, they'd never seen me without a shirt. So thankfully I kept in shape."

RoadVIDEO: Woman dumps drum kit, starts having long distance relationship with the Statue of Liberty.

RoadPhoto: Kylie Minogue rehearsing for "Anti Tour".

RoadJames Franco experimental film to screen at Tribeca Film Festival: "Francophrenia is the result of Franco's collaboration with filmmaker Ian Olds on the set of General Hospital, based on dry footage of the star wandering the small backstage area, talking to cast members and crew. Franco, however, narrates with an increasingly psychotic tone, soon creating a sort of meta-thriller that offers three layers of the actor: the character, the man and the confusion of the two."

RoadTom Brady should wear glasses more often.

RoadIf you live in Garden City, NY and you want to meet Kellan Lutz, it's your lucky day.

TrumpkillRoadSick: Donald Trump's sons hunt African game. VIDEO. Trump Jr. says he's proud: "I can assure you it was not wasteful..."

RoadHHS considers “alternative donor deferral criteria” for gay men wanting to donate blood: "The department’s goal 'is to conduct a ... study, in which MSM who meet specified criteria would be permitted to donate blood, with additional safeguards in place to protect blood recipients during the course of the study.'"

RoadNY Post: MTA worker sues, says co-workers joked about killing gays. “Kill them f--kers dead,” one of Reginal Jenkins’ cruel colleagues sang to him as others laughed, the suit says. 'It was crazy,' Jenkins, 40, told The Post. 'I was scared.'"

RoadUK gay dads open surrogacy center for same-sex couples: "Barrie and Tony Drewitt-Barlow hit the headlines 12 years ago when they used a surrogate mother and an egg donor to father twins Aspen and Saffron. They now have five children and are sharing their surrogacy expertise with others."

RoadAdam Lambert gets his leather on in Washington D.C..

Walt_goslingRoadFake poster for Ryan Gosling Disney biopic goes viral.

RoadTotal number of advertisers that have dropped Rush Limbaugh over "slut" remarks: 140.

RoadTrial begins for Charleston man accused of beating his gay roommates - one to death, and the other unconscious: "Kanawha County assistant prosecutor Charles Miller told jurors that Carter lived with Forton and Dunlap off and on, but became increasingly suspicious that his gay friends were making advances on his wife, Kelly Tran."

Road'GCB' introduces 'White Marriage' to television viewers: "...there's this peculiar thing in the South called a 'white marriage,' it's an open secret, almost like the military's Don't Ask Don't Tell. Husbands and wives who grew up together and are from dynastic, wealthy families, and they decide to get married and have 'our little secret' and they won't talk about it. Bobby said he was always fascinated by that dynamic. I was very naive. I thought it was something nobody did anymore and I've since learned it's more common than we think."

Comments

1. Denton Everett surely looks very good. I read the interview and saw his face pic, lovely eyes, good looking guy.

Posted by: Matt26 | Mar 13, 2012 3:58:28 PM

2. if trumps son wants to hunt why doesn't he shoot that animal on his father's head. why that beautiful animal had to die because some
    bored rich kid wanted something to do. too bad
    nobody shot him.

Posted by: walter | Mar 13, 2012 4:12:52 PM

3. F every Trump.

Posted by: Paul R | Mar 13, 2012 4:23:20 PM

4. I love the coverage of The Highline in NYC. It makes me want to visit NYC just to see it.

All that said, I followed the link to see the design proposals and saw a current picture of a stretch that's in the proposed design phase, and I would love to see them leave a part of the highline intact, creating a narrow walkway in between the two tracks and all the wild weeds that have grown overtime - and only adding things that highlight on that.

Slowly transition what's currently there into that aspect, like people are walking back into time, maybe even transitioning through the wilds into just the track, as it originally was... and then end it at the end of the line in the current plans, with a more stark transition at the very end... bringing people back into the modern era.

That's what I'd go for. Otherwise, it feels like it's just more of the same.

Posted by: Ryan | Mar 13, 2012 4:29:01 PM

5. Aww damn. I would totally love to see Ryan Gosling in that movie.

Posted by: sparks | Mar 13, 2012 4:34:19 PM

6. If these animals are not endangered and the meat from them was indeed eaten, why is this a problem? I prefer to get my meat nicely wrapped in cellophane at the local grocery store while others enjoy bagging it themselves. To each his own.

Posted by: JohnAGJ | Mar 13, 2012 4:38:06 PM

7. Re: Trump: Like father, like sons, it seems. "White trash" is a term that should be used for people like them.

Posted by: MichaelJ | Mar 13, 2012 5:03:20 PM

8. JOHNAGJ: When was the last time you, or anyone one you know, ate Jaguar? Hunting out of necessity is one thing. Blood sport is quite another. Those disgusting Trump spawn clearly don't need to hunt. It's all about power and swagger and utter me-first (and only). No one I'd ever want to know, or could respect.

Posted by: TJ | Mar 13, 2012 5:09:53 PM

9. Off topic a bit, but the Omaha City Council passed the lgbt non-discrimination ordinance.

Posted by: Tim R | Mar 13, 2012 5:21:23 PM

10. Should I know who Tom Brady is?

What a shame that The Donald has sons, wasn't aware of that and was hoping the lineage end when he was laid to rest.

The Charleston murder sounds like a mixed up mess--read the entire article.

Posted by: jim | Mar 13, 2012 6:59:56 PM

11. A pity the Trumps are such Neanderthals in so many ways (no offense meant to the Neanderthals)I hope they realize quickly how revolting their behavior is and hopefully rectify it.

Posted by: Jeff | Mar 13, 2012 7:44:40 PM

12. The Trump boys just demonstrate the psychological effect that being born into the 1% has on so many--the sense of entitlement, the complete absence of any sense of ethics, the lack of sensitivity to cruelty--whether perpetrated on other human beings or on non-human creatures.

Disgusting, indeed.

Posted by: Rick | Mar 13, 2012 8:03:32 PM

13. I watched GCB last night and thought that the amazing Kristin Chenoweth's talent is being wasted on a mediocre show (though sometimes a show can grow on me).
    I'm glad they've got a gay character, though. I did find this quote by the actor a little naive:
    "I have 100 or so gay friends and they're all out. I don't know anyone in the closet."

Well, of course 100% of ANYONE'S identifiable gay friends are out of the closet. The friends you have who are in the closet are the ones you still don't know are gay. If they had already outed themselves to you, they wouldn't be closeted.

Posted by: GregV | Mar 13, 2012 8:45:31 PM

14. The Trumps make me sick. That poor cat--so beautiful too.

Posted by: Chicklets | Mar 13, 2012 9:18:45 PM

15. The story about the woman who is in love with the Statue of Liberty is just ridiculous- do we live in a time in which any fool is considered to have some sort of mental problem?!

Posted by: jaragon | Mar 13, 2012 10:01:05 PM

16. Come on TJ that wasn't a jaguar, it was a leopard. Africa! Duh.

Glad to hear your man's a 10 in your estimation - from somewhere else today.

Posted by: uffda | Mar 14, 2012 1:26:31 AM

17. UFFDA - love goggles don't have to be accurate. If I see him as a cross between Harrison Ford and Harry Reems, that's my business.

And, yeah, the leopard probably cares that it's a leopard and not a jaguar (I figured out my faux pax after it was too late). But the point doesn't care.

Posted by: TJ | Mar 14, 2012 2:42:08 AM

18. TJ: We're not exactly overwhelmed by the jaguar or leopard population here in the States. He claims that the meat was eaten by a local village, a real reporter would double-check since this is somehow considered "newsworthy". Oh wait. I forgot. TMZ is nothing but an online gossip rag. Fact is, they eat all kinds of animals we wouldn't eat for whatever reason in different countries. Whether cats and dogs in some Asian countries, guinea pigs and "sopa de mangera" in Ecuador & Peru, the list goes. More power to them. Again, I have no problems with folks who hunt their own food (or for others) as long as the meat is all used and the animal isn't endangered. It's not what I enjoy doing myself but to each his own.

Posted by: JohnAGJ | Mar 14, 2012 7:01:15 AM

19. JOHNAGJ - Leopards are endangered. A cursory search will quickly show that. There are protections in place in some areas in Africa, but not all. Just because something is still legal doesn't make it right. Did you read the Mixner piece linked above? He makes some good points about the message sent, which is that conservation is optional if you have enough money.

Posted by: TJ | Mar 14, 2012 10:54:50 AM

20. TJ: Leopards are not endangered in all parts of the world, sub-Saharan Africa being one. I read Mixner's piece and his comments consist of an unconvincing emotional appeal:

"How anyone could aim a gun at the beautiful leopard and pull the trigger is just beyond comprehension.. Was it a male leopard or a female leopard that might have had cubs somewhere?"

Really? Does Mixner say the same about the noble cow, "beautiful" chicken or majestic pig? What about their calves, chicks and pglets that won't be born because we selfish omnivores deprived these poor creatures of life? Just because an animal is aesthetically pleasing doesn't mean it tastes bad. As long as the meat from these animals is all eaten I have no problems with hunting them, even if controlled settings are required to maintain the populations (we do this with fish - our august aquatic brothers and sisters that Mixner neglected to mention). This is a hobby I personally do not care for but there was no poaching done here and the meat was reportedly all used so I don't have problem with this.

Posted by: JohnAGJ | Mar 14, 2012 1:01:29 PM