Lana Del Rey | Music | Music Video | News

Lana Del Rey is a Street Walker in an Instagram World in 'Carmen': VIDEO

Delrey

Lana del Rey tweeted her video for "Carmen" over the weekend, a combination of found and behind-the-scenes footage cut with Instagram-style filtered vintage shots of NYC, molecular photos of methamphetamine, and women on stripper poles.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. dreadful song and utterly generic bland video. Utterly mediochre.

Posted by: paul | Apr 23, 2012 1:17:41 PM

2. This is the music you listen to on a lonely Friday night with a pint of Ben & Jerry's.

Posted by: Wes | Apr 23, 2012 1:22:09 PM

3. Love the album, but not this song. She should have gone with "Summertime Sadness".

Posted by: EO | Apr 23, 2012 1:35:26 PM

4. Thanks for inflicting your duckfaced daughter on us, Mr. Grant. The world didn't need a hipster version of Rebecca Black.

Posted by: FuryOfFirestorm | Apr 23, 2012 1:40:20 PM

5. She's amazing, I love her.

Posted by: Guy78 | Apr 23, 2012 1:47:44 PM

6. I'm sure if this was Lady Gaga none of you would have anything hateful to say about Lana. Also, for people who want to be treated with respect and as equals, the gay community seems to be pretty hateful and discriminatory towards other members of their community and of other people in general.

Posted by: Santino | Apr 23, 2012 1:49:59 PM

7. @EO: She's currently filming the video Summertime Sadness. Keeping my fingers crossed that Dark Paradise is next.

Posted by: Patrick | Apr 23, 2012 1:50:19 PM

8. @Santino... I couldn't have said it better. I guarantee the minute that Lana starts a pro-gay crusade a'la Gaga, these same folks will worship everything she does.

Posted by: shaun | Apr 23, 2012 2:10:30 PM

9. @Santino: Voicing a dislike of Lizzie Grant...I mean, Lana Duck Lips is not hate. Go to Breitbart or Freerepublic if you want to see what hate actually looks like.

BTW - I'm sure you'll point out that Lady G changed her name like Lana did. Difference is, LG's name wasn't chosen by a PR firm paid with daddy's money. Must be nice to buy a music career in lieu of working for it. *Willow Smith whips her hair in agreement*

Posted by: FuryOfFirestorm | Apr 23, 2012 2:35:11 PM

10. I really don't get all the Lana Del Rey hate.

Her music is lovely, and really pretty good. If it wasn't for her Urban Outfitters visual esthetic I think she would be getting far less hate from hipsters who like to pretend their not hipsters there by proving they are hipsters in a hipster eat hipster world.

Her last video was stunning, this one isn't my cup of tea. But...carry on Lana.

Posted by: Thomas | Apr 23, 2012 5:30:08 PM

11. Sadly rehashed trip hop . . .

Posted by: Brion | Apr 24, 2012 12:33:03 AM