Couples | Gay Parents | News

'Listen from the Heart' to This Lesbian Couple's Story: VIDEO

Devotion

Must-watch video alert!

"Listen from the Heart", the third documentary in Antony Osso's amazing series The Devotion Project is now online and features the story of Laura Fitch, Jaime Jenett, and their son Simon Lev Fitch-Jenett.  Laura and Jaime talk about their relationship and the struggles they have faced raising a child who suffers from cardiomyopathy (disease of the heart muscle).

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

You may recall the first two films in the series, which are also amazing. In the first William I. Campbell and John V. Hilton talked about being committed to one another for more than 60 years. The second installment featured the story of Brian Cantor and Paul Labrecque.

A crowdsourcing campaign has been launched to finance Osso's next three films in the series. Donate to it HERE.

Comments

1. SIMON: I don't know anything about cardiomyopathy, but I do believe that you are one lucky little boy to have two loving lesbian mothers. I wish you long life and happiness.

Posted by: jack | Apr 9, 2012 12:00:26 PM

2. Another beautiful installment in the stories of our lives. Thank you.

Posted by: deskenemy | Apr 9, 2012 12:29:19 PM

3. Wonderful. I love this film series. Thank you for posting.

Posted by: RyanInSacto | Apr 9, 2012 1:14:33 PM

4. I'm sorry ... but the title of this video is so trite that I'm ashamed it has anything to do with gay people. Please teach your children to not be trite - it's the greatest gift a parent can give.

Posted by: Mr. McGinnis | Apr 9, 2012 1:21:58 PM

5. MR. MCGINNIS you should listen to the actual video b/c the title of the video is referring to so much more.

This video was lovely and makes me want to be a better partner to my husband.

Posted by: redball | Apr 9, 2012 1:32:30 PM

6. Andy, all three videos that you have posted are so wonderful. This one is so amazing, what devotion and love this family has. Do you know that all of the stories remind me that living a wonderful life of truth, integrity and honor is the best way to change hearts and minds of those that treat us unfairly and who don't "see" us as people with committed and important lives. What an inspiration. Thank you so much.

Posted by: dorishin | Apr 9, 2012 5:25:46 PM