News: White House Correspondents Dinner, Bear, Richard Grenell

RoadThe outsourcing of OUT magazine. AOL jobs looks into it.

RoadMitt Romney spokesman Richard Grenell deletes personal website. Cache.

Tree_bearRoadBear falls from tree, tranquilized.

RoadGlamorous neon purple crab discovered.

RoadSan Diego Planning Commission opposes rainbow flag in Hillcrest: "The commission's denial does not prevent the proposal from advancing to the City Council, which is the ultimate decision-maker on land-use issues. It is tentatively scheduled to be taken up by council members on May 15."

RoadAttorney Paul Clement argues both sides of the federalism debate.

RoadLady Gaga's 'Born This Way' Ball kicks off in Thailand.

RoadHigh Line co-founder Joshua David gives his thoughts about Chelsea, and the worst thing to happen to the neighborhood: "The closing of the great gay gym, called Chelsea Gym, at 17th Street and 8th Avenue, a paradise of airline stewards, chorus boys, masseurs, freelance-writers (that was me), etc. Every gym in the neighborhood had its nickname. Better Beauties was “Bitter Beauties.” American Fitness was “Mary Can You Lift This.” Chelsea Gym, for its steam room, was “Gorillas in the Mist.” Eighth Avenue is not the same without it. The closing of 18th and 8th, Big Cup, and Bright Food Shop (to be replaced by Qdoba!) were other 8th Avenue tragedies — tragedies!"

RoadMore of Brad Pitt's high school yearbook photos.

RoadJerry: Justin Bieber fans have a name for his male parts. Video.

ScarverRoadThe man who beat Jeffrey Dahmer to death is shopping a book deal: "TMZ has learned ... a rep for Christopher Scarver has reached out to high power book publishers ... claiming the 42-year-old wants to explain why he felt compelled to bludgeon Dahmer to death with a broomstick in 1994."

RoadWhich celebrities are going to the White House Correspondents Dinner this Saturday night?

RoadFormer New York Senator Carl Kruger gets seven months in prison: "Mr. Kruger, 62, was the first defendant to be sentenced in a widespread bribery conspiracy case that originally ensnared eight people, and was seen as offering yet more evidence of the apparently unending wave of corruption in Albany."

RoadAntarctica melting from below...

RoadTaylor Kitsch named Male Star of Tomorrow.

Paper_levineRoadAdam Levine mugs for Paper. "I want to study marriage. I want to learn about it. I want to know it. I want to figure out whether or not I want to do it. I’m not just going to leap into it, because that’s not good for anybody.”

RoadAFER Advisory Board Member Dolores Huerta to receive Presidential Medal of Freedom: "Dolores Huerta, president of the Dolores Huerta Foundation, co-founded the United Farm Workers of America with Cesar Chavez.  During her more than fifty years of tireless advocacy, Huerta led national efforts to stop the exploitation of farm workers and extend government protections and equal rights."

RoadIran reportedly executes "gangster" for sodomy: "Speaking with the Iranian Fars News Agency, Gholamhossein Chamansara, the Attorney General of Marwdasht, reported that the death penalty was given to the man – whose exact age is not known – due to his ‘despicable/heinous act’ that contradicted Sharia Muslim laws."

Comments

1. What a primitive society! These moslem nations make women walk around in burlap sacks and hang men for being gay. Even teh people in the most remote rain forest in Brazil and in the mountains of Papua New-Guinea think of the arab countries as being primitive. Because they are! Ugh!

Posted by: dancobbb | Apr 27, 2012 4:23:48 PM

2. Carl Kruger was sentenced to seven years, not seven months.

Posted by: Don | Apr 27, 2012 4:29:36 PM

3. Gagz is in Seoul, South Korea. Is her twitter not your homepage?!?!

Posted by: Steve | Apr 27, 2012 4:32:49 PM

4. Chelsea started going downhill when the wonderful Riis Diner closed...anyone else remember that place?

Posted by: Myackie | Apr 27, 2012 5:18:13 PM

5. sorry...Riss Diner..

Posted by: Myackie | Apr 27, 2012 5:20:06 PM

6. Bear falling from tree link does not work.

Posted by: AG | Apr 27, 2012 5:32:56 PM

7. The bear link works fine and I love that picture. The Gaga tour definitely started in South Korea. And Adam Levine is definitely gay.

Posted by: Paul R | Apr 27, 2012 5:49:49 PM

8. Me and the bear is close buds but I frickin HATE when he hogs the trampoline.

Posted by: Steve Scarborough | Apr 27, 2012 5:57:41 PM

9. Kruger got off light considering the sentencing guidelines. He still thinks he did nothing wrong.

All of his theft was to support lavishly his lover that he groomed from a teenager. Of course the lover nor his mother had no problem selling his to Kruger.

Posted by: oousslander | Apr 27, 2012 6:42:09 PM

10. Yogi, you should listen in Boo-Boo by skipping the after hours bear bar.

Posted by: M. Scott Hernandez | Apr 27, 2012 7:03:45 PM

11. What Out/Here Media did was absolutely disgusting. They've done some pretty crappy things before, but that's the nail that hammers the coffin. Let the company die, as far as I'm concerned.

Posted by: R | Apr 27, 2012 7:25:59 PM

12. richard grennell or jeffrey dahmer? (or christopher scarver?)

Posted by: t | Apr 27, 2012 8:56:50 PM

13. I miss 18th & Eighth as well. I had many meals sitting at the bar meeting great guys with whom I became friends and running into old friends as well. Although I lived in LA I always felt welcome and at home.

Posted by: Jack | Apr 27, 2012 9:45:00 PM

14. cherry lime rickey at bendix diner, 21st and 8th

Posted by: gomez | Apr 27, 2012 10:47:43 PM

15. I was waiting for someone to go behind the facade of Aaron Hicklin's ridiculous-sounding protestations that the forced free-lancing of Out magazine's staff was a creative decision rather than the latest in a series of cutthroat decisions by parent company Here Media. But I wonder how much he's profiting - for instance are they backing his new "shop"? - by desperately trying to put a shiny happy spin on their dirty work.

Posted by: Vincent | Apr 28, 2012 4:21:32 AM

16. That crab is fabulous!! Michael K is right it does look like 1980s Prince!

Posted by: MarkUs | Apr 28, 2012 6:16:33 AM

17. I find it interesting that Justin Bieber calls his schmuck "Jerry", because I call mine "Bieber"! The reason...@75, when I wake up at night to take a leak, I always say to myself..."JUSTIN in TIME!"

Posted by: Jerry Pritikin aka The Bleacher Preacher | Apr 28, 2012 6:34:30 AM