Bisexual | Books | John Irving | News

BigGayDeal.com

John Irving Introduces the Bisexual Narrator of His New Novel: VIDEO

Irving

John Irving's new novel In One Person, due out at the beginning of next month, features Billy Abbott, a bisexual man reflecting on his life and the years of his burgeoning sexuality, and the distrust others had for him because of it.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I have always loved this man's work, and can't wait to read his latest. He has always had a compassionate heart for the "others" in his work, and I look forward to his take on this.

Posted by: JET | Apr 9, 2012 2:27:39 PM

2. Wow, this is pretty forward-thinking for a heterosexual author. He's likely ahead of the curve of most gay men when it comes to discussions of bisexuality and bi-phobia.

I'm wondering if "Billy" will also encounter a love/hate relationship with "the B word," much as Cynthia Nixon recently did.

Posted by: Red Seven | Apr 9, 2012 2:31:25 PM

3. John irving is a cool guy I use to be his florist he is most certainly evolved...

Posted by: David Lawrence | Apr 9, 2012 4:10:27 PM

4. Any new novel by Irving is a cause for celebration - he's one of the best American novelists still working.

And remember, it was Irving who made transexual (as they said in those days) football player Roberta Muldoon a major character in WORLD ACCORDING TO GARP - it was brave 30+ years to show a strong friendship between a straight man and a transgendered m>f woman.

Posted by: Sancho | Apr 9, 2012 5:11:57 PM

5. So the narrator is a non monogamous bisexual man... who wondered why his lovers distrusted him? I guess it's easier to blame it all on other's biphobia and not his infidelity.

Posted by: John | Apr 9, 2012 6:10:32 PM

6. Wonderful! Can't wait for the release of this.

Posted by: jim | Apr 9, 2012 6:17:19 PM

7. In his next book, the narrator is a unicorn.

Posted by: David Hearn | Apr 10, 2012 1:18:19 PM

8. Im sorry to bother u all, but I have to say every one should be equal. Im bisexual, feeling helpless, luckily my friend jessica told me a nice place to date bisexual {{{d a t e b i.c o m}}}, there are a lot of bisexual singles and couples looking to explore their bisexuality.I come home now!!!!So I'd like to share my experience with the like minded people, If u r not bi, please just ignore it! Honestly wish all bisexual could come home!! We bi also need your respect then!!!
    thanks !!!

Posted by: yoyo | Apr 17, 2012 1:55:52 AM

9. I worship the spirit of creation, worship, worship, worship of force blood heart, I worship, worship, worship sorrow bomb damage, one of the greatest, popular person get everything. Wealth lose heart, wealth is lost. Therefore we should node popularity.

Posted by: herve leger gold glimmer strapless dress | Apr 23, 2012 9:34:55 PM