Jennifer Lopez | Music | Music Video | News

J Lo Provides Momentary Distraction for Gaga and Madonna Haters with 'Dance Again': VIDEO

Jlo

J Lo's "Dance Again", which premiered on American Idol Thursday night, and is sure to be her biggest hit in years, and features Casper Smart, the dancer she is dating, will also undoubtedly infuriate thousands of anonymous internet commenters.

Check it out, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. yawn

Posted by: ian | Apr 5, 2012 11:10:40 PM

2. kind of hot, and i love the musicality of the chorus. those trippy shadow effects are cool!!!

Posted by: redball | Apr 6, 2012 1:31:20 AM

3. bland song

Posted by: Michael | Apr 6, 2012 1:47:12 AM

4. Andy, welcome back. I like this song as well as others like On the Floor, Play, Waiting for Tonight. The video is Ke$ha's "Take it Off" meets Kylie Minogue's "Slow" and "All the Lovers". On a side note, Jennifer is a lucky woman. Casper is hot!

Posted by: Gonzo | Apr 6, 2012 2:10:38 AM

5. She is so awful on every level. Why are people making her famous again?

Posted by: Rovex | Apr 6, 2012 2:18:13 AM

6. JLo has a better voice than Madonna.

Madonna fans been on her ass (oh...) since she started in the 90s.

This is the best dance song I have heard in all year, Madonna should take some pointers from JLo after that generic album she just released that is doom to get no big hits.

Posted by: Jake | Apr 6, 2012 2:54:28 AM

7. At least j Lo and Gaga can sing

Posted by: rick scatorum | Apr 6, 2012 4:03:28 AM

8. Not really a fan, but that was pretty darn good.

Posted by: TonyT | Apr 6, 2012 4:16:25 AM

9. Andy, you cracked me up.

Posted by: Mike | Apr 6, 2012 4:24:27 AM

10. Video is total eye candy & the song
    is bubble gum for my ears.

Overall, 4:27 minutes of empty calories...

Posted by: Marcito | Apr 6, 2012 4:40:40 AM

11. The video is total eye candy & the song
    is bubble gum for my ears.

Overall, 4:27 minutes of empty calories...

Posted by: Marcito | Apr 6, 2012 4:43:26 AM

12. Love that mosh pit...I'd like to roll around in that for a while...just sayin'.

Posted by: Jim | Apr 6, 2012 5:14:50 AM

13. I can't say I'm a huge fan, but damn she is a genetically perfect human. Especially for being, what, 42?

Posted by: Paul R | Apr 6, 2012 6:27:33 AM

14. a few thoughts:

how many did her butt kill in that landing?

did she not learn what happens when she features a bf in a music video? paging Ben Affleck!

so Casper the friendly Ghost writer (bio in 4, 3, 2...) is officially shorter than her... and not a great dancer either (he made her look like a great dancer)...

the video ends as a perfum ad.... very smart...

I don't think the video is that bad and the song has possibilities, but why does Pitt Bull keep subjecting himself to second fiddle with J Lo? he can do better..

will this be the summer of seminaked bodies in pseudo orgies and upside down video trickery?

Posted by: V-8 | Apr 6, 2012 8:37:21 AM

15. @ Jake -- you should know your facts before you spew your hate talk about Madonna. Her new album debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard Charts and two of her songs have also reached into the top ten.

You said Madonna's album is generic, this song by Jlo is generic as they come. Madonna's new album have beats that are unique to the industry at this time. Her music doesn't sound like the rest of them unlike Jlo.

Posted by: J | Apr 6, 2012 10:49:22 AM

16. @J Everything you said is exactly what someone up Madonna's ass would say. Those beats are not original, they sound like pieces of other songs put everywhere in the album.

Nice comeback by calling JLo's song generic instead like if Madonna's producer was somehow more original just because you are a Madonna fan.

Posted by: Jake | Apr 6, 2012 11:03:58 AM

17. I admit I am a Lady Reductive hater. She has been proven by the BBC, CBC and other foreign news outlets to be a liar, when questioned in interviews by real journalists on her questionable assertions about her past. She wasn't bullied, grew up in a fairly wealthy upper middle class NY family, with music industry connections, was popular at her school and didn't really struggle (a contestant on Idol or The Voice works harder then she did) to break into the music industry. Her charities are tax havens for her money and she is the worst kind of role model for kids. She allows her cult like fans to cyber bully, she praises her drinking and coke snorting regularly in her twitter and her management is a bunch of crooks. Sorry, but as a gay "adult" male all pop stars are manufactured creations to me. Corporate products. But Gaga's brand has a sell through date that has expired. At Madonna didn't lie about her beginnings.

Posted by: velocifero | Apr 6, 2012 11:31:05 AM

18. Velocifero is so wrong. Gaga was in fact bullied. She was literally thrown in a NYC trash can by bullies back in her school days. Gaga is amazing. Hair is a tour de force and, to me, her best work yet. "I've had enough! This is my prayer: that I'll die livin' just as free as my hair!"

Posted by: redball | Apr 6, 2012 1:10:12 PM

19. Hot! Both the song and the boyfriend dancer!!

Posted by: John Simpson | Apr 6, 2012 2:58:02 PM

20. I am in LOVE....with JLo's boyfriend.

Call me.

Posted by: Alan | Apr 6, 2012 3:24:03 PM

21. *yawn*

hating Lady Gaga won't make any of your lives better. But if you need to vocalize how much you dislike Lady Gaga, in hopes of distracting yourselves from how miserably pathetic your own lives are, then knock yourselves out. it won't hurt Gaga, it wont' hurt her fans. you can enjoy your Bitter Party of One.

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Apr 6, 2012 3:30:08 PM

22. The idiocy that because you're rich and your family had money so you couldn't possibly have been bullied or had problems, makes so much sense.

Posted by: Bryan | Apr 6, 2012 4:05:07 PM

23. Hey,Howcrazy i love Madonna… My bucket list concert is Madonna - I was going to try to go to KC, i just scored my tix (& it is a Weds night!). I'm super excited about concerts this year.

Posted by: Madonna tickets | Apr 24, 2012 7:40:16 AM