Boston | Brian Camenker | Massachusetts | News | Republican Party | Scott Lively | Tea Party

Massachusetts Tea Party Patriots Welcome Anti-Gay Hate Group Leaders to Rally in Boston: VIDEO

Lively

Yesterday I linked to Scott Wooledge's excellent DailyKos write-up of this event in my round-up. But here's some excellent video of the event as it unfolded, with anti-gay Christianist evangelist Scott Lively and MassResistance's Brian Camenker, both leaders of hate groups designated by the SPLC, as they take the podium to trash gays.

Hats off to the activists protesting this event.

The clip also features a brief interview with Lively, in which he is asked what's the downside to same-sex marriage, and responds, "fire and brimstone raining from Heaven."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

(via good as you)

Lively2

Comments

1. Andy, I believe this T.P. group splintered from another, moderate group. I bet this group was created by outsiders. This demonstration couldn't have been large, because I was in the area and was totally unaware of any protest going on. The Common and surrounding area were packed, but 99% had nothing to do with these protests. I didn't even notice any police presence.

Posted by: ratbastard | Apr 17, 2012 9:35:51 AM

2. Taxed Enough Already or Americans Sadly Supporting Hatred Of LGBT Equality & Security?

Posted by: kpo5 | Apr 17, 2012 10:21:51 AM

3. Moderate group that's what less anti gay?
    The tea bags may have had a good idea in the beginning but like most republican groups sold out to the religious right

Posted by: GeorgeM | Apr 17, 2012 10:35:28 AM

4. @GeorgeM,

Agreed

Posted by: ratbastard | Apr 17, 2012 12:02:58 PM

5. The fanatical religious based rightwing groups have a habit of co-opting 'conservative' organizations the same way fanatical far left loons have a habit of co-opting many sensible liberal [progressive] groups.

Posted by: ratbastard | Apr 17, 2012 12:05:51 PM

6. So tru

Posted by: GeorgeM | Apr 17, 2012 12:34:57 PM

7. I live right in the city of Boston, have for almost 2 decades, literally a 5 minute walk to where this took place, and I heard nothing about it. Same thing happened when Palin and the T-baggers were doing rounds when she was running for VP. This was held in what is called the 'Back Bay' of Boston, one of the most gay-friendly parts of the whole state. These people are damn fools.

Posted by: Corey Mondello | Apr 18, 2012 7:36:16 AM