Bonnie Raitt | Music | Music Video | News

Gay Couples Feature in New Bonnie Raitt Video: WATCH

Raitt

Steve Lippman (aka FLIP) directed Bonnie Raitt's new video "Right Down the Line" on location at the abandoned New Mission Theater in San Francisco and shot portraits of gay and straight couples in San Francisco's Noe Valley neighborhood for this beautiful track about love, commitment, and equality. It was shot on Super 8mm and 16 mm film.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Raitt2

Bonnie Raitt "Right Down The Line" - a music short film from Steve Lippman/FLIP on Vimeo.

Comments

1. Bonnie is a warm, wonderful women and her sound and music are genuine classics. She's had a lot of loss in her life but is coming back. Welcome back Bonnie. You were missed.

Posted by: Mitchell | Apr 7, 2012 8:56:29 AM

2. Pure. Essential. Real and Beautiful.
    The way it should be.
    Better than 95% of the junk that is out there today.
    Thanks Bonnie

Posted by: Max F Grump | Apr 7, 2012 9:21:59 AM

3. I've been a big fan of Bonnie ever since I first heard her. Thanks for sharing.

Posted by: Mike in the Tundra | Apr 7, 2012 10:12:10 AM

4. I've alway liked Bonnie Raitt's music; there's a genuine earthiness and realness to it. I loved this video featuring a variety of different types of couples, both straight and gay.

Posted by: Frederick | Apr 7, 2012 10:14:07 AM

5. Class Act and what a talented lady! Supporting artists that support you is the way to go! Bonnie sounds better than ever!

Posted by: Josh | Apr 7, 2012 11:24:58 AM

6. Go see her in concert. She's wonderful!

Posted by: Jack M | Apr 7, 2012 12:02:36 PM

7. I had already pre-ordered the album on itunes. Can't wait for the rest of the album. Go Bonnie!

Posted by: demous | Apr 7, 2012 12:05:48 PM

8. Bonnie Raat, always an acivist performer and champion, took solid hold of that song and made it hers charging and recharging lyrics and tune like the pro she is. She's better than ever.

Posted by: uffda | Apr 7, 2012 12:13:27 PM

9. I may be showing my advanced age, but I've been a Bonnie Raitt fan for almost 40 years, ever since her third album was released. She has always been genuine, singing and playing music she loves, not following trends and not constantly marketing herself, unlike so many, many pop stars. She also has always been politically progressive and supportive of activists (anti-Vietname War, anti-apartheid, anti-nuclear power, AIDS awareness, etc.). She is sinply one of the greatest!

Posted by: MichaelJ | Apr 7, 2012 12:46:09 PM

10. Love Bonnie Raitt.

Please bring back the music posts, I miss them.

Posted by: Thomas | Apr 7, 2012 1:35:29 PM

11. Bonnie Raitt was under an oppressive record contract, and her new album is the first one she made on her own. It's outstanding, she's a fantastic woman, and everyone should buy it.

Posted by: Robert | Apr 7, 2012 1:46:28 PM

12. I love it. Bonnie Raitt is a class act and a great artist. The video calls to mind Bruce Springsteen's video for "Tougher Than the Rest" which took a similar approach: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_91hNV6vuBY&ob=av2e

Posted by: RyanInSacto | Apr 7, 2012 2:14:53 PM

13. When I first heard this on the radio, I was a bit bothered by the way she changed one of the words in the chorus; "woman" was replaced with "baby". Did she not want to come across as a lesbian? After seeing this, the word change seems like an improvement. The non gender specific lyric makes the song relatable to anyone.
    Nice to know that Alamo Drafthouse is in negotiations to renovate & remodel this wonderful old theater.

Posted by: Grady | Apr 7, 2012 3:04:38 PM

14. Search You Tube for Bonnie Raitt "Angel From Montgomery" - you'll love it

Posted by: David Hearn | Apr 7, 2012 3:39:30 PM

15. @David Hearn - one of my all time favorites!

Posted by: Oliver | Apr 7, 2012 4:12:15 PM

16. I'm glad Bonnie decided to do a video for "RIGHT DOWN THE LINE", when Gerry Rafferty recorded it way back in the late 70's, the words and music made it a huge hit, the sentiments strike a cord in all of us, Bonnie has remade this classic and it again calls out to all of us about what really is important in our world, our interactions with each other and love, in all its many human facets. Bravo Bonnie for taking such a great song and bringing it back to a new generation of music lovers, it needs to get played on the radio, all over this country. RIP Gerry Rafferty,another classic artist who's music deserves to get heard again! SLIPSTREAM is Bonnie Raitt at her very best!

Posted by: Jeff Bilby | Apr 7, 2012 8:00:13 PM

17. I've loved me some Bonnie for over 20 years, and this is even more reason to! Andy thank you for posting the video - I'd just ordered the new album today on Amazon, came to your site and voila! There's my girl! Now if she would just go on tour somewhere within reach of Kansas City... sigh.

Posted by: Mommie Dammit | Apr 8, 2012 6:54:34 PM

18. A professional and reliable online shopping center providing a variety of Fashion Bags at reasonable prices and shipping them globally.

Posted by: wholesale handbags | Jun 1, 2012 11:32:07 PM

19. I wanted to leave a little comment to support you and wish you a good continuation. Ah!! I want to savor slowly wondering, yes, this worth treasuring!!

Posted by: Cheap Puma Shoes | Jul 26, 2012 11:04:31 PM

20. I visited each page that came on first page and didn’t got any relevant result then I thought to check out the second one and got your blog. This is what I wanted!

Posted by: Hublot replica | Aug 3, 2012 2:28:47 AM

21. I don’t suppose I have read anything like this before. So nice to find somebody with some original thoughts on this subject

Posted by: china manufacturer | Aug 27, 2012 11:52:19 AM

22. I certainly enjoyed the way you explore your experience and knowledge of the subject! Keep up on it. Thanks for sharing the info

Posted by: leaflet printing | Aug 28, 2012 1:55:04 AM

23. It was a beneficial workout for me to go through your webpage. It definitely stretches the limits with the mind when you go through very good info and make an effort to interpret it properly. I am going to glance up this web site usually on my PC. Thanks for sharing.

Posted by: väggdekor | Aug 30, 2012 1:20:00 AM

24. Your work is deserved to be appreciated hard working efforts done in your blog.

Posted by: Download GTA San Andreas | Jan 17, 2013 3:23:59 AM

25. I've finally caught some music out in the States! This is really exciting.

Posted by: Download Rise Of Nations For PC | Feb 5, 2013 5:20:00 AM