Comments

1. David Hearn says

He has a certain Vincent D’Onofrio thing going on.

Why do some people think that the entire world wants to be involved in their conversations, arguments, and altercations? I wear earplugs when I go to Walmart because the noise of the patrons yelling at each other in conversation, not minding their kids, yelling across the store, and simply being rude, inconsiderate, and obnoxious tests my patience.

2. says

That’s actually pretty impressive! Our handsome subway hero might have been stepping into the early stages of a knife fight, for all he knew. I think that’s pretty ballsy. And he just stands there… Just another day on the subway…

3. MarkUs says

From what I gather that woman was saying that other guy was stalking her and had been following her I assume for a prior of time. Where’s the shout out for that woman not being a victim? You got girl, tell him to get his ass off at the next stop.

4. PJM1979 says

He’s just a guy doing the right thing if you ask me. It’s amazing that someone acting with decency and integrity is labelled a hero nowadays. Pretty sad indictment on the state of the world if you ask me. That in no way detracts from the act itself, and the fact he is one hot dude :)

5. BKDO says

Good for him.

It’s ridiculous that people act that way on the subway and just get away with it, every damned time: no citations, no cuffs, no arrests. However, in other circumstances SuperChips would be fined — and considered a lawbreaker– for eating on the train!

6. laQas says

i do not want to pay for this man’s medical bills due to heart problems, diabetes, and poor food choices from eating chips in the subway. can’t he grab a protein bar or carrots to get him to his next healthy meal. he’s obvs eaten way too much chips, imho.

but yay to breaking up the fight.

7. PJM1979 says

Wow LAQAS! Strike a man down for eating a packet of chips. Tough crowd… I’d hate to see what you’d do to someone drinking a beer.

Never mind the fact that he could have a thyroid problem, or other medical condition??

8. says

That he puts his back to the guy, not looking for a direct confrontation, but only to run interference and defuse, and that he unselfconsciously wipes his fingertips off on his shirt at 0:35 somehow adds to his charm. but I’m already married to someone just as upstanding. Kudos.

9. LaLaLa says

Animals!? Judge much?

I’ve had overly aggressive creepy men follow me on the subway. I’ve wanted to kick them and demand that they stop following me too.

Of course, none of us can know the entire story for sure… so I’m not going to defend her too hard, but I also think you shouldn’t judge too harshly.

10. ratbastard says

Just another day on the train. I’ve seen it all. Nothing surprises me when in close contact with the general public. Nothing. Being stuck on a crowded train between stops when sh*t’s going down especially s*cks

11. SayTheTruth says

I’m sorry to break the “hero bubble” to everyone, but the guy being beaten was a thief, a pickpocket, and the “peace maker” his accomplice –they always works in groups of three generally- so the “peace maker” calmed the things down for his friend. That’s why he tried to be so “there is no problem here, let’s move on”. Stealth theft can’t work if you become involved in incidents too often and people begin to remember you, therefore avoiding you or worse. Anyways, Youtube ruined it. Just for a while. People forget.